NIL Recruiting News Megathread

texifornia

2 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

FKthiRgXEAEg7Ii.jpeg

He’s just protecting that 100M.   

He must play innocent and ignorant of the truth, and he sure as shit can’t support an illegal Super secret NIL program.  The rubes will get restless soon and start looking for cause as their only way out of that absurd contract.   They paid recruits and called it NIL, burn another program to the ground but collect all the money from that contract.  

He’s a cuck and reall grates on the nerves if you hear him yap, but I’ll give him props if he fleeces aggy for the full 100M.  

When I think of coaches and programs that have done it the right way over the years, the first one that comes to mind is Saban and Alabama. 

What’s really going to make me laugh is when Congress makes their first inept attempts to address this - which is coming sooner or later - and good ole Tommy Tuberville is the subject matter expert on it in the Senate. 

What a time to be alive. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, RollingPresidential said:

Whose parent is Tack Minor? (former LSU PG from mid-2000's, got punted from the school for academics)

Did some googling. Denver Harris is apparently his stepson.

https://www.facebook.com/culottashow/videos/former-lsu-hooper-tack-minor-on-jimbo-fisher-coming-to-visit-his-5-star-cb-son-d/591410085272013/

I’m not holding my breath at all… BUT if you were to envision a scenario where aggy gets busted, it’s hard to imagine it unfolding much differently than what has happened over the last few months.

Piss off the wrong programs? CHECK
Create a general public perception of shadiness? CHECK
NCAA desperately searching for something to prove that they are not worthless? CHECK?

If you’re the NCAA and you want to show you still have purpose, without pissing off any of the blue bloods and without having to get into a drawn out legal NIL battle, aggy’s 2022 recruiting class is honestly manna from heaven.

Again, not saying I have any faith that something will happen, I’m just saying the stars are aligning for even the possibility.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

ESPN’s Jay Bilas: Big Changes are Coming to the NCAA's NIL Policies | The Rich Eisen Show | 4/6/21

----------------------------------------------

8 Days ago... 

ESPN’s Jay Bilas: Coaches Need to Adapt to the New Normal of NCAA's NIL Era | The Rich Eisen Show

14 minutes ago, AP101S said:

Ross Bjork: "Jimbo, I've been through this before.  Go out there, take your glasses off, point and strongly state 'If you have facts about violation, send it to compliance@aggy.edu. If not, please do not slander these young men and insult their family.' It's called the double down dumbshittery. Go!"

So let me get this straight...

Saban says A&Ms class is bought and paid for.

You cant have a NIL deal before you have been enrolled as an actual student somewhere.

Jimbo is going to come out and blast Saban and claim everything is being done through NIL.

Aggies are going to jump up and down and thump their chest.

Saban will now get the SEC and NCAA to nark on aggy

PROFIT

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Laxtonto said:

So let me get this straight...

Saban says A&Ms class is bought and paid for.

You cant have a NIL deal before you have been enrolled as an actual student somewhere.

Jimbo is going to come out and blast Saban and claim everything is being done through NIL.

Aggies are going to jump up and down and thump their chest.

Saban will now get the SEC and NCAA to nark on aggy

PROFIT

A&M will never get punished by the NCAA for this. The investigation into KU basketball, which actually had an FBI investigation into people involved with their program which resulted in criminal court convictions, is still ongoing. The Jayhawks have plummeted in performance in the mean time, scraping by with a national title.

About the only punishment the NCAA can deliver on anything remotely involving NIL is putting a program under the “cloud of investigation.” 

It’s the equivalent of the police putting a suspect in the back of a van with their hands handcuffed behind their back and no other restraints, then driving wildly around the city back to the precinct. They know they’ll get let off, but like they say, “you can beat the time, but you can’t beat the ride.” And that’s no deterrence if the programs win big anyway. 

• Hook 'Em 1