NIL Recruiting News Megathread

texifornia

4 hours ago, RabidM said:

Why is USC against this? This would be great for their recruiting. 

Probably because their athletic department and institutional control has been an epic shit show and national laughing stock / legal embarrassment over the last 5 to 15 years and they haven’t finished cleaning up that mess.

This will create a shadow athletic department that threatens creating a narrative and taking control over the most prominent public representatives of the entire university. 

…that’s my guess. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Imagine the confusion aggies must have when they see UT players with a long list of corporate NIL deals that don't involve booster money while simultaneously believing that all NIL is players getting paid by boosters and aggies led the way in NIL with last year's class.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Probably because their athletic department and institutional control has been an epic shit show and national laughing stock / legal embarrassment over the last 5 to 15 years and they haven’t finished cleaning up that mess.

This will create a shadow athletic department that threatens creating a narrative and taking control over the most prominent public representatives of the entire university. 

…that’s my guess. 

image.thumb.jpeg.c0b17d4c786453ce35cbdb83a2300ae1.jpeg
… that’s my choice.

• Drool 1

4 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

This should be plastered to every major recruit looking at texas. 

In addition to being a star he’s got the “look” (bright smile, no tattoos) and personality that makes him an ideal sponsor partner for a brand. There’s not many football players that fit that description, and not many in college will ever be able to duplicate what he’s doing in the NIL game. Especially not at RB.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Longhornlove said:

Scared Still Waiting GIF by Looney Tunes

Hold On Waiting GIF by Fleischer Studios

Guys, excellence takes time and thats exactly what @RGBIII is doing. Pure excellence. He has the ideal male body, you may not like it but this is what peak performance looks like. Give him time and he will create the Sistine Chapel of the NIL. I love you RGBIII

• Haha 8

Just now, RGBIV said:

Guys, excellence takes time and thats exactly what @RGBIII is doing. Pure excellence. He has the ideal male body, you may not like it but this is what peak performance looks like. Give him time and he will create the Sistine Chapel of the NIL. I love you RGBIII

Negged for being a dick rider

• Haha 5

https://www.on3.com/boards/threads/friday-nil.415063/

As part of my job, I’ve researched, interviewed and talked to folks across the country regarding NIL, to administrators and companies not only focused on Texas players, but on other schools as well.

As a result, I’ve heard just about all of the pitches out there.

There is a consistent theme among them. It always appears that most of those companies are taking a significant portion of the rake.

An NFT? A player might get only 50-60 percent of what a fan spends on a token.

An invitation-only club? Just 70 or 80 percent of the total donation, minus additional fees, usually goes to the players based on my read of some of those agreements.

I don’t begrudge those companies trying to make money. Far from it.

It’s just that I know most Texas fans want to see Longhorns players succeed as much or more than they do those businesses.

At Texas, there is an alternative available to fans, an organization that is fundamentally different.

And that organization is Horns With Heart, aka The Pancake Factory.
Horns With Heart is dedicated to paying no less than 90-percent of all funds raised to the players.

That includes all credit card charges, contract fees, and the fees associated with the service-oriented work required of the players.

Furthermore, any donation is 100-percent tax deductible because HWH is a 501-c3 organization approved by the IRS.

The Pancake Factory has already committed to paying every Texas offensive lineman $50,000 a year in return for their service work in the community.

Now, Horns With Heart wants to do even more, and it’s strictly up to Texas fans and donors to determine just how much they are able to accomplish.

If you want to help the NIL efforts of Horns With Heart at any denomination, I’ve included a link to their donation page below.

Learn more about Horns With Heart.

Horns With Heart

hornswithheart.org

Additionally, the president of Horns With Heart has agreed to answer any questions you might have about their endeavors here in this thread.

• Hook 'Em 7

wish i wouldnt have wasted $200 on that bullshit Austin NIL Club. Love the crowd sourcing option though, because I'm much more likely to just throw a couple hundo every so often when i got some free cash flow as opposed to larger one time donations or regular account withdrawals for burnt ends. 

Also - wtf, where did my burnt ends flair go? did that shit get cancelled? Guess I need to sign up again

Edited by Enchubben
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

wish i wouldnt have wasted $200 on that bullshit Austin NIL Club. Love the crowd sourcing option though, because I'm much more likely to just throw a couple hundo every so often when i got some free cash flow as opposed to larger one time donations or regular account withdrawals for burnt ends. 

Also - wtf, where did my burnt ends flair go? did that shit get cancelled? Guess I need to sign up again

its there now

image.png.cdcb74920028126e847dd4201c3fb08e.png

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

The big news I alluded to earlier that took fucking forever. We now have all Pancake factory members under contract AND more importantly, we are now accepting crowd sourced donations... Remember these are all tax deductible! 

https://donate.stripe.com/8wM8wy0kzdGg42Q144

Dropped $100 in there.  Great work

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Enchubben said:

yea i just signed up again so maybe my card number changed or something. Who knows - at least now i dont feel naked.  I mean i am naked, but not on Surly. 

Hmm. Looks like my Burnt Endz didn't renew either.  It's probably been a few months since my card changed. Probably would be a good idea to remind people if their recurring membership expires for some reason.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Hornlover said:

Hmm. Looks like my Burnt Endz didn't renew either.  It's probably been a few months since my card changed. Probably would be a good idea to remind people if their recurring membership expires for some reason.

Yea, I think that’s what happened here. There was an unfortunate couple day bender in Tahoe back in June that resulted in me cancelling a few cc’s.