NIL Recruiting News Megathread

Just now, RGBIII said:

Exactly but more importantly...whos jugs in the burnt ends shirt?

My wife, I expected you at the tailgate that weekend of UTSA. @immamac  changed my Avatar when I took the pic at the tent and I texted to him.

We don't live too far apart, we should catch a drink together sometime. I'm off of Spring Cypress and 249 area.

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

My wife, I expected you at the tailgate that weekend of UTSA. @immamac  changed my Avatar when I took the pic at the tent and I texted to him.

We don't live too far apart, we should catch a drink together sometime. I'm off of Spring Cypress and 249 area.

Im always out that way and always down for a beer

52 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Burnt Ends cups are going to be shipped to everybody?

I can ship you one. Send me a DM, I handed them out and posted about it in the burnt ends thread. Shipping was as much as the cups and made no sense to pay a ridiculous amount to ship them mostly all over Texas. 

1 hour ago, Chili dog said:

Interested to hear @closetojumping ‘s thoughts on those rankings. 

Obviously these were just pulled out of somebody's ass, with no actual research or knowledge.

Hell, even the subject here is so poorly defined as to be laughable. "Schools with Best NIL Programs". Best how? 

Is it just NIL collectives? Have they looked at the overall opportunities? Did they send in FOIA requests to all the public schools? 

Just dumb all around. Somebody should submit this idiotic content to Message Board Geniuses.

29 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Regarding those stupid rankings, them listing ATM anywhere on the list tells you everything you need to know about the validity of the list. They quite simply do not currently have a legitimate NIL function. They have "The Fund", and they're using that in an attempt to cover their bases for the purchasing of players last cycle with the bag game, but LLCs and C-corps are pretty fucking hard to back date, so it should be interesting. 

Regarding reality, it's as I've been discussing with this board over the last year - we are building something with a foundation on bedrock and it will eventually be fully funded at a competitively advantaged level for every sport on campus versus anyone else. There will be important things brought to light in the very near term that help everyone understand things better and it will be a big deal.

I will argue that the basketball program is already armed to the teeth with NIL support and the baseball program, compared to almost any other baseball program, is at or near the top. That will be the known case with women's hoops too, well ahead of Thanksgiving.

Football is a longer game because the sheer size of the roster and focus among competitors. But it's in the upper crust now and will be the gold standard or one of them soon. The OL are as well taken care of as any school, so are the TEs. The starting TB and QB are in the same boat. 

I posted on here in July of 2021 that we should aim to build something parallel and on par with the LHF, which is best in class nationally and leverages the most affluent fanbase in college sports. We're now at the end of the beginning of seeing that logic and structure adopted and deployed. How much of any of it is laid out publicly, ever, is up for debate, but we gave the world a blueprint for how to do things with HornsWithHeart (we did what we needed to and the byproduct is the exposed IP) and that should be gift enough, IMO. The rest of the plans should largely remain deeply buried on our end. 

On top of that, the corporate NIL function at Texas is already emerging as one of the best in the country. It will forever remain that way due to corporate density and being the largest city in the country without a big 4 professional sports team. Los Angeles will always be right there for USC and potentially UCLA too. Pick other actual schools that give a shit inside of a big city and you will see their NIL maturity ramp up quickly too, but who is that? Seattle and UW? Right. Phoenix and ASU? Ok. Atlanta and Georgia? That's a stretch. Miami works. 

Who's ready for UNLV Basketball to have a renaissance?

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Notre dame and Chicago work?

I'm as poor of a predictor of the future as anyone, so who knows? Location matters in part because of schedules, but it also matters in terms of familiarity. Are the people of Chicago tuned in with Notre Dame players at a deep level? I haven't been up that way in years, sadly, but they used to be on tv and radio during the week for interviews and such, so that would help. Really big city though. 

I've thought about the case for a sponsorship with a UT player from Houston for something Houston-based, but I don't think there is enough familiarity with any of them to justify it. I think the challenge would be the same in Chicago for ND folks or in Atlanta for UGA folks. 

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

teasing what?

On 10/27/2022 at 7:12 PM, immamac said:

Big news soon. Dare I say bigger than longhornloves wife's tits. 

On 10/29/2022 at 7:59 PM, RGBIII said:

11th at the latest 

the nil news that's supposed to be announced this week. 

Ketch had this to say on Thursday 

Spoiler

4. Good news on the Texas NIL front. I'm told that an announcement could arrive in the next week about the latest organized venture and it won't be an isolated situation directed towards a one sport or position group within the sport. The ultimate goal of this soon-to-be-announced venture will be to raise upwards of 20 million annually. Stay tuned.

1 hour ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Ketch had this to say on Thursday 

Hide contents

4. Good news on the Texas NIL front. I'm told that an announcement could arrive in the next week about the latest organized venture and it won't be an isolated situation directed towards a one sport or position group within the sport. The ultimate goal of this soon-to-be-announced venture will be to raise upwards of 20 million annually. Stay tuned.

So he read this board?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, closetojumping said:

It would be typical of the old faction of the AD to think that there was some value in leaking the story to Ketchum. And disappointing. I’m sure he will absolutely fuck up the details and thrust of the effort if he does shit anything out of his fat fucking mouth about it. 

But yeah, really big stuff happening that is a continuation of what we’ve been doing and building on it and putting it on steroids in ways other programs will struggle to keep up across all sports. 

Any tie to this and a renewed interest from several of the aggy bag takers? 

Is having a legit legal version that can match the bags finally going to become a real asset…

• Hook 'Em 1