NIL Recruiting News Megathread

texifornia

53 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Hey, I'm only judging the sentence as written here. Too much Velveeta isn't the same thing as too cheesy because Velveeta ain't cheese (I know Velveeta is frequently used for the dish).

Really I just chuckled because it's like saying the agua was too wet. It was a language joke, not a culinary one. 

but water isn't wet.

Five separate Texas NIL collectives combine to form Texas One Fund

Joe Cook•about 12 hours

Untitled-design-2022-11-10T084823.932.pn

Five separate University of Texas athletics related Name, Image, and Likeness collectives with focuses in different sports have combined to form the “Texas One Fund,” it was announced Thursday. According to a press release, the Texas One Fund, which also announced its launch, “will seek to maximize community impact and be the preferred NIL fundraising collective for Texas student-athletes.”

The Texas One Fund consolidates the five major NIL collectives currently in the Texas athletics ecosystem. That includes Clark Field Collective, Horns With Heart, the baseball-focused Occupy Left Field, the basketball-centric 40 Pack, and the golf-oriented National Championship Golf Foundation. Those entities now operate as one under the Texas One Fund name.

The stated goal of the fund is to “create positive community impact, through a one stop fund, that assists Texas athletes in cultivating and facilitating NIL opportunities and ensures collegiate athlete success year after year.”

“We are very pleased with the formation of Texas One Fund,” Texas athletics director Chris Del Conte said in a statement. “As a 501(c)(3) organization, it provides our fans, donors, and supporters a way to contribute to NIL opportunities for our student-athletes and for our student-athletes to support important community programs. We believe this is the best way to bolster NIL initiatives for our student-athletes and support the meaningful interactions they can make in the charitable community.”

Those involved with the individual collectives celebrated the move.

“After executing numerous NIL deals, we were able to see the need for a bigger positive community impact and a streamlined setup,” said Nick Shuley, founder of Clark Field Collective. “Texas has the luxury of having so many organizations that want to help, but we quickly saw the need to get everyone in the community together. We wanted to make giving easily accessible to everyone and create a bigger connection to the athletic programs, athletes, and community. Whether you are giving $5 or $5 million, we want to make this something for every Longhorn.”

According to the release, Clark Field Collective, previously the leading Texas NIL organization, will become an NIL activation agency.

Patrick Smith, an Austin-area attorney, will serve as president of the Texas One Fund.

“This is a huge win for the contributors and donors as it will create a simple streamlined process for everyone and all sports,” said Smith, the former head of the 40 Pack. “We aim to do this the ‘Texas Way’ and to make NIL opportunities available for every student-athlete at the University of Texas.”

The release states donors, fans, contributors, and businesses will have the ability to direct tax-deductible donations to the sport of their choice, with the option to support a general fund for dissemination across sports.

The new fund will be comprised of an executive board featuring alumni, donors, and business leaders; and individual boards representing each Texas sport program that will ensure all partnership opportunities are maximized and available for athletes in each respective sport program, according to the release. Information can be found on its website,  www.TexasOneFund.org.

• Hook 'Em 3

Texas NIL initiatives being consolidated into the Texas One Fund with involvement from university

By FUCK CHIP BROWN 

Texas’ NIL initiatives are now being consolidated into one effort called the Texas One Fund, which will work in tandem with the university thanks to recently revised NCAA guidelines.

Clark Field Collective, which launched a year ago with a $10 million commitment to Texas NIL activities; Occupy Left Field (baseball); 40 Pack (basketball); Horns With Heart (football) and the National Championship Golf Foundation (golf) will now operate in unison under Texas One Fund, a 501(c)(3)/non-profit organization.

Clark Field Collective, which was not a 501(c)(3) when it was launched a year ago, will cease to operate as a collective and will become the NIL activation agency known simply as Clark Field Creative.

“We are very pleased with the formation of Texas One Fund," said Texas athletic director Chris Del Conte. "As a 501(c)(3) organization, it provides our fans, donors, and supporters a way to contribute to NIL opportunities for our student-athletes and for our student-athletes to support important community programs. We believe this is the best way to bolster NIL initiatives for our student-athletes and support the meaningful interactions they can make in the charitable community.”

Texas is now able to endorse the Texas One Fund because of recent NCAA changes regarding NIL guidelines.

In October, the NCAA Division I Board of Directors announced that it was changing its stance that previously prohibited schools from directly participating in NIL opportunities for student-athletes.

In its announcement, the Division I Board said school personnel (including coaches) can assist an NIL entity with fundraising through appearances or by providing autographed memorabilia but cannot donate cash directly to those entities. School staff members also cannot be employed by or have an ownership stake in an NIL entity.

Schools also can request donors provide funds to collectives and other NIL entities, provided the schools do not request that those funds be directed to a specific sport or student-athlete.

Finally, schools can provide tickets or suites to NIL entities through sponsorship agreements, provided the terms of those agreements are the same as for other sponsors. Those same assets cannot be offered as an incentive to provide funds to an NIL entity.

The NCAA is hoping that by having the university involved in working with NIL initiatives they won’t be used as pay-for-play inducements for recruits.

“After executing numerous NIL deals, we were able to see the need for a bigger positive community impact and a streamlined setup,” said Nick Shuley, founder of Clark Field Collective. “Texas has the luxury of having so many organizations that want to help, but we quickly saw the need to get everyone in the community together. We wanted to make giving easily accessible to everyone and create a bigger connection to the athletic programs, athletes, and community. Whether you are giving $5 or $5 million, we want to make this something for every Longhorn.”

The Texas One Fund will be overseen by Patrick "Wheels" Smith, the former head of the 40 Pack who will serve as president of the Texas One Fund. 

“This is a huge win for the contributors and donors as it will create a simple streamlined process for everyone and all sports,” Smith said. “We aim to do this the ‘Texas Way’ and to make NIL opportunities available for every student-athlete at The University of Texas.”

Rob Blair, the founder of Horns with Heart and co-creator of Burnt Ends and the Pancake Factory (which made waves with its announcement of a $50,000 NIL opportunity for scholarship offensive lineman last December - just before signing day) added, “We are excited to be a part of this game-changing solution. When we started Horns with Heart, we wanted to maximize community impact and help athletes, this new fund is going to do this on another level.”

The Texas One Fund will be comprised of an executive board featuring alumni, donors, and business leaders; and individual boards representing each Texas sport program that will ensure all partnership opportunities are maximized and available for athletes in each UT sport.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Five separate Texas NIL collectives combine to form Texas One Fund

Joe Cook•

Because this is Surly, I feel very strongly that I should add that I could have done it better and generally shit on this idea.  So it seems bittersweet for the board to think that this is great and that y'all leading the charge did a great job.

Seriously, great job doing the back-office work required to pass this through the feds and such.  From experience, I know that is a lot of annoying work.

23 hours ago, RGBIII said:

@SquishMitten needs to be included in every thanks put out there. He was absolutely the key to all of this

Thanks, bud! I credit you though. Felt like if I failed you'd perma-ban me from Surly, and I couldn't have that.

ETA: Oops. For some reason I thought Imma posted this. I take it back. 

Edited by SquishMitten
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/10/2022 at 11:36 AM, Longhornlove said:

So when is the movie going to be made about this? Matthew McConaughey as RBGIII, Danny DaVito as closetojumping, and Zach Galifianakis as immamac?

I would cast it like this based on how personalities match with characters played by the actors:

@RGBIII  Mark Wahlburg - lovable, goes with the flow, get's shit down

@closetojumping Nick Offerman - grumpy, with lots of insight into the world

@immamac  Charlie Day - (not the Always Sunny version) renaissance man with a wild side

@SydneyCarton  Bill Burr - I don't know why, it just feels right

Me - I'm fucking calling dibs on McConaughey because he's my fucking idol, and I'll fucking cut anyone who challenges me. If he's unavailable, then Billy Bob Thornton

Think that's everyone who posts here. Sorry if I left anybody off!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

18 hours ago, SquishMitten said:

I would cast it like this based on how personalities match with characters played by the actors:

@RGBIII  Mark Wahlburg - lovable, goes with the flow, get's shit down

@closetojumping Nick Offerman - grumpy, with lots of insight into the world

@immamac  Charlie Day - (not the Always Sunny version) renaissance man with a wild side

@SydneyCarton  Bill Burr - I don't know why, it just feels right

Me - I'm fucking calling dibs on McConaughey because he's my fucking idol, and I'll fucking cut anyone who challenges me. If he's unavailable, then Billy Bob Thornton

Think that's everyone who posts here. Sorry if I left anybody off!

This is fine but I want to be Marky Mark not Wahlburg from The Happeningmark wahlberg 90s GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Maybe we'll catch up at some basketball or baseball at some point this year. Was definitely fun though.

I definitely want to go to some Baseball games next season. Speaking of baseball, I bumped into Zach Zubia and Jett Bush at Buffords last night. They both went to HS with me.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/10/2022 at 12:46 PM, pacman said:

Generally speaking, does this qualify for corporate giving programs that match employee donations?

Bumping this one time to see if there is any insight available. I heard last week Dell is desperate to participate in volunteer/donation matching and half of Dell are Longhorns, lol.

I did find this on kindful but did not see similar steps in the Texas One Fund payment setup.

Entering a Match Pledge or Donation – Kindful Help Center

Edited by pacman