NIL Recruiting News Megathread

texifornia

In general, what are the requirements of the players in deals like this with a collective?  I know with something legitimate like HWH they do charitable work/promotion, but for these other schools where it is essentially pay for play, what do they require to make it look legit?

3 minutes ago, Yesh said:

In general, what are the requirements of the players in deals like this with a collective?  I know with something legitimate like HWH they do charitable work/promotion, but for these other schools where it is essentially pay for play, what do they require to make it look legit?

If your NIL collective wanted to they could pay a player 1 million dollars to Tweet out "I love lamp,"  or sign some memorabilia as part of the requirements. Obviously an extreme example.

Edited by BurntOrange&White

25 minutes ago, immamac said:

and this is another reason why Burnt Ends is head and shoulders further along, and better than the "gator collective", not even bringing in the texas one fund into the fray.

Timely discussion. I lurk a buddy's account at OB's.  In a thread seeking crowdsourcing for One Fund today, of course, numerous shitposters on OB's starting bitching about paying players, one of (if not the) largest donor that has been keeping NIL together paying the lions share got pretty pissed at the response of the idiots on that site and flat out said he can't unilaterally support Texas NIL after this year.  Preaching to the choir to most on this forum, I know, but it's beyond clear we really need more Texas One Fund donors in addition to Burnt Ends (and in addition to more larger donors stepping up) or we're going to be in trouble next year.  Maybe someone closer can post the stats of actual monthly donors but I'm guessing it's abysmal given the alumni base.  

Maybe you could verify One Fund subscriptions somehow and add a One Fund in addition to Burnt Ends logo on profile so we can shame those not helping out?  It's insane to me with our alumni base that we aren't a crowdsourcing leader.  If A&M ever gets their shit together they sure as hell will be.   But I think a big part of the issue is the masses still don't know about it or understand it.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Timely discussion. I lurk a buddy's account at OB's.  In a thread seeking crowdsourcing for One Fund today, of course, numerous shitposters on OB's starting bitching about paying players, one of (if not the) largest donor that has been keeping NIL together paying the lions share got pretty pissed at the response of the idiots on that site and flat out said he can't unilaterally support Texas NIL after this year.  Preaching to the choir to most on this forum, I know, but it's beyond clear we really need more Texas One Fund donors in addition to Burnt Ends (and in addition to more larger donors stepping up) or we're going to be in trouble next year.  Maybe someone closer can post the stats of actual monthly donors but I'm guessing it's abysmal given the alumni base.  

Maybe you could verify One Fund subscriptions somehow and add a One Fund in addition to Burnt Ends logo on profile so we can shame those not helping out?  It's insane to me with our alumni base that we aren't a crowdsourcing leader.  If A&M ever gets their shit together they sure as hell will be.   But I think a big part of the issue is the masses still don't know about it or understand it.

Here's the link that OneFund is currently using to crowdsource. I'm not sure @immamac is interested in putting this in a sticky at the top of the board or anywhere else on the site considering Burnt Ends, but here it is for anyone who hasn't signed up.

https://texasonefund.kindful.com/

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, BornAndRaised said:

including the story from the athletic.

Hide contents

GAINESVILLE, Fla. — Quarterback signee Jaden Rashada is stuck in play-action purgatory as Florida works to fix a name, image and likeness indiscretion.

Whether you’ve followed this recruiting saga casually or with a white-hot focus, this explainer provides a bumper-to-bumper breakdown that aims to illuminate, educate and postulate:

Who are the people involved?
Along with Gators head coach Billy Napier and athletic director Scott Stricklin, here are the central figures:

Jaden Rashada, four-star quarterback from Pittsburg, Calif., and the No. 56 overall prospect in the 2023 recruiting class, according to the 247Sports Composite. Among the highest-ranked quarterbacks landed by the Gators in the past decade, he signed his national letter of intent on Dec. 21, and following an appearance at the Under-Armour All-American event in Orlando on Jan. 3, he reiterated to The Athletic that he planned to enroll at Florida two days later.

Harlen Rashada, Jaden’s father and a former defensive back at Arizona State.

Eddie Rojas, CEO of the Gator Collective, which he launched in August 2021. A former Florida baseball player who entered the NIL space with a crowdsourcing platform, Rojas hoped to make his alma mater known as “NIL U.”

He said of his collective in April: “I would venture to say the Gator Collective is paying more guaranteed money than any group in the country. When I write a contract, I want to make sure that we actually have the money in our account.”

Jen Grosso, NIL coordinator for the Gator Collective. Known as “Gator Jen” to the fan base — it’s also her Twitter handle — Grosso holds finance and law degrees from the University of Florida.

Hugh Hathcock, mega-donor who pledged $12.6 million to Florida’s athletic department in 2022. In April, he launched the Gator Guard — an assembly of wealthy donors capable of writing checks larger than the fan collective could amass in years. Hathcock said, “Players need to know if they come to the University of Florida that they’re going to have the best opportunities NIL-wise as any school in America.”

Marcus Castro-Walker, the Gators’ director of player engagement and NIL, among the first crush of staffers hired by Napier upon becoming Florida’s head coach in December 2021.

Tracking the Rashada timeline
June 7: Jaden Rashada takes an official visit to Florida. The Rashadas assure the staff that NIL is not a factor in Jaden’s recruitment, claiming “there’s a misconception about us out there.” The visit ends with Florida looking like the frontrunner for Rashada.

June 9-12: Rashada joins his 7-on-7 team the Miami Immortals — a travel squad funded by University of Miami billionaire booster John Ruiz — at the OT7 national tournament in Las Vegas.

June 20: Initially scheduled to reveal his commitment on June 18, Rashada postpones the announcement and schedules an official visit to Miami.

June 26: Rashada commits to Miami over Florida, LSU, Texas A&M and Ole Miss. The Gators staff had pulled its scholarship offer days earlier.

Nov. 10: Rashada and the Gator Collective agree to terms on an NIL deal exceeding $13 million with Rojas and Grosso reportedly signing the contract. Such a massive pledge is thought to dramatically exceed the Gator Collective’s fundraising level, so the deal presumes assistance from Hathcock or other Gator Guard donors. After signing the contract, Rashada decommits from Miami and flips to Florida.

Nov. 12: Rashada attends his first game at The Swamp, where Florida clobbers South Carolina 38-6 and a capacity crowd elevates the vibe. “Everything about this felt like the right decision for Jaden,” Harlen says.

Dec. 7: Rojas sends a termination letter regarding the $13 million contract, according to a program source close to the situation. There are conflicting accounts about why the deal crumbled and who pledged to pay what. Multiple conversations ensue between donors and athletic department members, including Castro-Walker and Stricklin. Some within the administration are only now getting up to speed on what was promised — the program aiming to keep these third-party NIL dealings at arm’s length. Yet these conversations ultimately focus on finding contingencies for keeping the class’ highest-profile recruit in the fold.

Dec. 21: Delayed 67 minutes, Napier’s late-afternoon news conference on national signing day finally commences. Rashada’s name, initially missing from the list of signees, is added at the last minute. “I just think there’s a high level of trust on both ends there,” Napier says about recruiting the Elite 11 quarterback. “I’m really excited about what he’s going to bring to our team. … Can’t compliment Jaden enough relative to who he is as a person, as a leader, his character. Jaden is a guy who came here and fell in love with the University of Florida and really connected with a lot of people here. It was sincere.”

Dec. 29: Rashada arrives in Orlando to begin practicing for the Under-Armour All-American game. He compliments fellow Florida signees and says he’s eager to start workouts with receivers at the indoor facility. Rashada describes Napier as a coach who “likes to connect to people” and adds, “Who wouldn’t want to play for a good dude?”

Dec. 30: In an interview mere days before Rashada’s scheduled enrollment, Harlen calls Napier “a leader of men” and says Jaden is “happy as I’ve ever seen him.” Harlen offers only sparse thoughts about NIL: “It’s new in the college landscape. It does impact recruiting and the game — but I think there are far more positives than negatives. This process was not great, was not perfect, but you’re just trying to make the right decision with your son.”

Jan. 3: Moments after the Under-Armour game at Camping World Stadium, Rashada poses for pictures with other Florida signees. He lauds Napier’s offense, saying, “I’m meant for the Florida system” and that he has gotten a head start on studying formations. Then he waves to his family in the bleachers. The Rashadas intend to drive from Orlando to Gainesville for move-in day on Jan. 5.

Jan. 10: Sixteen early enrollees report, but Rashada is not among them, casting doubt about his future. There is still a probability he ultimately enrolls at Florida, although Rashada has returned to the West Coast.

Jan. 11: A program source with knowledge of the entanglement says Rashada won’t be enrolling at Florida. “There’s a lot of panic. It’s like stepping on an ant pile.” There’s also the potential for litigation, hinging upon whether the November contract is binding. The collectives, according to another program source with knowledge of the situation, are offering a lesser deal to Rashada — still above seven figures — to stay at Florida, with the caveat that he release everyone from all previous claims.

Refuting an On3 report claiming Rashada asked to be released from his national letter of intent at Florida, Harlen says his son has not filed for such a release. In addition, he told 247Sports that the family is “working through some things right now with Florida and hoping that they get resolved soon.” While saying his son is anticipating early enrollment in Gainesville, Harlen admits the situation becomes murkier if there is not a resolution by Jan. 13, the spring semester’s late-registration deadline.

Jan. 13: While this is the final deadline for students to start the spring semester, let’s not pretend the admissions office won’t grant an exception of a couple of days for an Elite 11 quarterback. Regardless, this points toward a make-or-break 11th-hour decision by Rashada — accept Florida’s counter and enroll or begin speed-dialing other FBS schools. Of course, there’s the chance that he could sacrifice spring and enroll at Florida in late May, which might crash the message boards over such extended drama.

Has this become a lose-lose for Florida?
Wisconsin transfer Graham Mertz arrives with two years of eligibility, and Jack Miller returns from an unflattering start in the Las Vegas Bowl. That’s hardly a scintillating duo. Those two are more of the getting-by variety, two older quarterbacks capable of steering the Gators through a rebuild.

Rashada brought real juice. Sure, he needed to pack on some weight as part of his freshman orientation, but he’s a blue-chip high school quarterback — the type top contenders sign each year, the type absent from Florida’s previous two classes. Stack these QBs year after year, and teams have a group familiar with their system and are deep enough to absorb a bust. Go through a recruiting slump, and teams are perpetually picking through the portal for guys who must be reprogrammed.

Even if the relationship somehow proves salvageable and Rashada enrolls in Gainesville, would it only portend future dysfunction? Having overcome one breakup last summer, can the program and Rashada’s camp repair another rift? At a position that demands leadership intangibles and deeply grooved trust with coaches, it’s hard to fathom a quarterback enduring a messier launch to his college career.

The recent behind-the-scenes interplay — from the December signing day hangup to this week’s enrollment drama — has created bruised feelings at a minimum and abject animosity. There’s a comparison to Major League Baseball arbitration, in which a player touts his value even as his own team argues to diminish it. Of course, those hearings typically involve grown men, calloused by previous professional contract negotiations. Rashada is 19 years old, mere weeks removed from his high school graduation, although with college football recruiting being shaped by various tiers of NIL pitches, it has undeniably surged into a professional realm.

SEC recruiting in the NIL era is saltier than ever: First, Nick Saban says Texas A&M “bought every player” in its top-ranked class, and now the Gators are saddled with the damning perception that they defaulted on what was promised to their top-rated signee.

It’s a dilemma. Not from the perspective of the state NIL law or an NCAA guideline, neither of which is being enforced, but a dilemma that impacts optics. Is this a one-off misstep, or have the Gators completely flubbed their first swing at NIL? Why haven’t we heard of Alabama, Georgia or other SEC schools suffering such public embarrassments?

When Napier took the Florida job, he extolled the alignment from the president to the AD to the head coach. Now Ben Sasse is replacing Kent Fuchs as the president, and the Rashada predicament screams that alignment is disjointed.

Already time to realign.

That story clears up the biggest question I had which was about which side was at fault for this breach. Thanks

Burnt Ends is effectively fully funded as long as we don't have a huge amount of churn for perpetuity.

I think what people want is more visibility into what is going on with the crowd sourced stuff, it's one of the reasons that Burnt Ends works so well, everyone knows exactly what we are paying and what players we are paying it to and what they are going to get for the money. 

As soon as we get something like that going for Texas One Fund I'm down for having a sticky, but just having the collective of Surly being directed to a donation page doesn't really work for a lot of people and isn't going to have a really high conversion rate for the community like Burnt Ends did. (trying to be as objective as possible and look at it as an "advertising campaign" that would effectively be FOC)

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

Burnt Ends is effectively fully funded as long as we don't have a huge amount of churn for perpetuity.

I think what people want is more visibility into what is going on with the crowd sourced stuff, it's one of the reasons that Burnt Ends works so well, everyone knows exactly what we are paying and what players we are paying it to and what they are going to get for the money. 

As soon as we get something like that going for Texas One Fund I'm down for having a sticky, but just having the collective of Surly being directed to a donation page doesn't really work for a lot of people and isn't going to have a really high conversion rate for the community like Burnt Ends did. (trying to be as objective as possible and look at it as an "advertising campaign" that would effectively be FOC)

Do you or any of the guys who worked to get Burnt Endz and HWH where it is/was think if they marketed each sport as we want to get x amount of dollars for every player on that team and show that y amount is needed an annual basis it could drive more dollars to those funds? Could use similar tactic for other spots along with a chart to follow similar to GoFundMe has for the goals.

It's also crazy to think there are fans who don't understand just how important NIL is with regards to competitiveness of the games and talent acquisition. 

Given that CDC/Athletic Dept can now promote One Fund, is there any reason they can't send an email blast with a recent example of charity work athlete's have performed to get paid?    A short message of how people can get involved, an example of the charitable benefit, and a reminder that One Fund is tax deductible could go a long way on the crowd sourcing side.  Hell, look how quickly the masses have helped out players go fund me campaign's for sick family members.  I agree I think Texas One Fund is lacking from a marketing perspective so far (which is understandable given how how new it is). I've told multiple people about it and that are more than casual fans and they had no idea.

Edited by Skipper

7 minutes ago, Chef Bezos said:

At least 4 players signed an NIL deal with a car dealership called Vanguard Volkswagen. Johntay, Sweat, Finkley, and Gavin Holmes are the ones I've seen so far. 

This used to be Charles Maund Volkswagen. There was a name change and maybe a sale, after the whole murder-for-hire fiasco . 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/erik-charles-maund-texas-indictment-murder-for-hire-charges/

Edited by Hornlover
link to murder-for-hire story, for the sick fucks interested
  • Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Shot

“Everybody. All the portal kids. All the mid-year freshmen that are enrolling early. I don’t know what other schools have done. But I think we’re the first – if not one of the first – school to have everybody on a FBS roster fully signed to what is a multi, multi-million-dollar payroll.”

Chaser

Plus, there have been other teamwide football deals announced inside the Sooners’ recruiting footprint. For example, The Matador Club at Texas Tech turned heads with its roster deal for $25,000 annually. SMU’s Boulevard Collective announced partnerships on both the football and basketball side for $36,000 a year for NIL activity. Plus, Startup Waco announced a teamwide NIL opportunity for the Baylor football team.

• Haha 3
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Do you or any of the guys who worked to get Burnt Endz and HWH where it is/was think if they marketed each sport as we want to get x amount of dollars for every player on that team and show that y amount is needed an annual basis it could drive more dollars to those funds? Could use similar tactic for other spots along with a chart to follow similar to GoFundMe has for the goals.

It's also crazy to think there are fans who don't understand just how important NIL is with regards to competitiveness of the games and talent acquisition. 

No, last thing we want is to look like the Sooners who didn’t even come in at 50% of their goal

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Skipper said:

Given that CDC/Athletic Dept can now promote One Fund, is there any reason they can't send an email blast with a recent example of charity work athlete's have performed to get paid?    A short message of how people can get involved, an example of the charitable benefit, and a reminder that One Fund is tax deductible could go a long way on the crowd sourcing side.  Hell, look how quickly the masses have helped out players go fund me campaign's for sick family members.  I agree I think Texas One Fund is lacking from a marketing perspective so far (which is understandable given how how new it is). I've told multiple people about it and that are more than casual fans and they had no idea.

Yep definitely working on a ton of this stuff currently. We need a ton of grass roots stuff. We are working through Learfield for actual advertising in stadiums etc

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

“Everybody. All the portal kids. All the mid-year freshmen that are enrolling early. I don’t know what other schools have done. But I think we’re the first – if not one of the first – school to have everybody on a FBS roster fully signed to what is a multi, multi-million-dollar payroll.”

If they are not one of the first, they are at least the first.

23 hours ago, Viper said:

so we've got florida just flat out admitting to inducing recruits with money?

If so, they would be the only honest P5 school out there. Every school that wants to be competitive in today's landscape is inducing recruits with money. Pretending its not happening is the most ridiculous aspect of today's NIL world. 

8 hours ago, Napoleon said:

How have 2 1/2 THOUSAND people clicked on this link and only 70 have responded?

4F5947B6-2101-48B5-84C3-7644E47ED90B.thumb.jpeg.ee9cab5b40ad57916ebd8cc043d9decd.jpeg

Do that many people read this message board and NOT like Texas?

I like Texas, but am not prepared to drop a G, so I haven’t clicked. Seems like the appropriate action to (not) take.

I have to spend a thousand bucks AND travel to Houston? Fuck that shit.

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, Napoleon said:

How have 2 1/2 THOUSAND people clicked on this link and only 70 have responded?

4F5947B6-2101-48B5-84C3-7644E47ED90B.thumb.jpeg.ee9cab5b40ad57916ebd8cc043d9decd.jpeg

Do that many people read this message board and NOT like Texas?

I like Texas, but am not prepared to drop a G, so I haven’t clicked. Seems like the appropriate action to (not) take.

If you clicked the link you would see Immamac giving away 10 free

• Hook 'Em 2

Numbers show NIL benefits college football

The number of players who left college football early for the NFL was on a steady rise for decades. Two years into NIL, though, and the number has fallen by 36 percent.

ZACH BARNETT             2 HRS AGO

Don't get it twisted: NIL is not a perfect system. Far from it. In fact, it's an incredibly flawed system that creates unneeded headaches for athletes and universities alike. See: Rashada, Jaden.

If you were to come with me a flaw, a problem, an injustice, an unfair outcome created by NIL, I'd likely agree and sympathize with you. As I said above, it is far from a perfect system. You have ideas how to improve it, I have my own, and those ideas might even overlap. That's fine. That's healthy. The system needs to change. The system needs to be overhauled.

But there are two indisputable truths about NIL in college sports:

1) It's not going away.
2) It's better than what it replaced.

The proof arrived Friday. With the deadline now passed, the NFL on Friday released the list of players who forfeit their college eligibility to enter the 2023 NFL Draft. 

Eighty-two submitted their names, the lowest number in more than a decade. The 2023 numbers represent an 18 percent drop from 2022, and the 2022 number was a 22 percent drop from 2021. Overall, the draft has seen a 36 percent drop of early entrants from the final pre-NIL year to today. 

While I can't sit here and tell you I interviewed the 40-ish players who would have entered the NFL draft in a world without NIL, the trend lines are obvious. 

2014: 98
2015: 84
2016: 96
2017: 103
2018: 106
2019: 135
2020: 115
2021: 128
2022: 100
2023: 82

In 2019, the number of early entrants were growing at such a rate that the New York Times published a big piece titled: "As Underclassmen Flood the N.F.L. Draft, Landing Places Dry Up."

From 2017-21, an average of 117 players per year entered the NFL draft early, and that number was rising. The average bumped to 126 when narrowing the sample from 2019-21. 

That means we can safely say between 35 and 40 players (perhaps a few more, perhaps a few less) returned to school to continue to hone their craft. In the process, some of them will earn a degree. In the meantime, those third- and fourth-year players will make their teams better (though perhaps not the same team, though that's a separate issue altogether.) All this in turn makes the game better.

To be clear, this was not some grand design. NIL was not a joint venture between the NFL and the NCAA to keep non-NFL-ready players in school where they belonged. NIL was approved at a legislative gunpoint, due to a combination of state legislatures and the Supreme Court. Reducing the numbers of NFL draft early entrants was just a positive byproduct.

But a positive byproduct, it was. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I think there is a significant portion of the fans that just think there is this massive group of multimillionaires out there just begging to throw a shit ton of cash towards this and my little $25-$100 doesn’t matter, so why bother, and they end up passing altogether.

Truth is 1) there aren’t nearly as many of those donors out there as you might expect, and 2) those people can also get tapped out and may be donating to the university, the AD directly, or other charitable foundations and there’s not nearly as many as people think. If 20% of the people that think that way would chip in their “measly” $20/month, that’s significant progress. 

Long term success has got to be a result of big whales that currently don’t understand or agree with NIL to get on board, crowd funding from smaller donors, AND corporate sponsors. I bet you could find one of those three at most universities, two of the three at a dozen or two, and all three at maybe only a handful of universities in the country, including Texas. Only maybe Oregon and Arkansas with Nike/Walmart money could pull it off with just big money guys and that’s because they have donors with fuck you money/fortune 100 companies.

My personal opinion is that poor timing is a major factor too with record inflation, consumer credit card debt soaring, increasing taxes at all levels etc. I think if this pursuit and NIL kicked off prior to Covid we’d get a shit ton more $ thrown at it. At least all universities fan bases are dealing with that for the most part. 

• Hook 'Em 4

7 hours ago, Enchubben said:

I think there is a significant portion of the fans that just think there is this massive group of multimillionaires out there just begging to throw a shit ton of cash towards this and my little $25-$100 doesn’t matter, so why bother, and they end up passing altogether.

Truth is 1) there aren’t nearly as many of those donors out there as you might expect, and 2) those people can also get tapped out and may be donating to the university, the AD directly, or other charitable foundations and there’s not nearly as many as people think. If 20% of the people that think that way would chip in their “measly” $20/month, that’s significant progress. 

Long term success has got to be a result of big whales that currently don’t understand or agree with NIL to get on board, crowd funding from smaller donors, AND corporate sponsors. I bet you could find one of those three at most universities, two of the three at a dozen or two, and all three at maybe only a handful of universities in the country, including Texas. Only maybe Oregon and Arkansas with Nike/Walmart money could pull it off with just big money guys and that’s because they have donors with fuck you money/fortune 100 companies.

My personal opinion is that poor timing is a major factor too with record inflation, consumer credit card debt soaring, increasing taxes at all levels etc. I think if this pursuit and NIL kicked off prior to Covid we’d get a shit ton more $ thrown at it. At least all universities fan bases are dealing with that for the most part. 

Great post. I’ll pick a few nits and and some color, but it’s mostly spot on. First, factor in the fact that many of our billionaires have flat out said they won’t fund NIL period, ever.  Maybe that changes if we start getting to the playoffs, maybe it doesn’t. Maybe we have to wait for them to die and their kids to inherit. Maybe that money never comes. 

Another thing to understand is that corporate sponsorship is a big deal, I view it as a cherry on top. Do the cars and luchese luggage and Roback move the needle for recruits and help make the (true) case that Austin is the place to be, that Texas is the place to be? Absolutely, and that’s extremely important. But it also operates almost completely differently from what OneFund is attempting to accomplish, eventually. A baseline for all players and a chance to shop and retain via the portal. It’s unlikely a corporate brand will step in and front the funds for a player to stay at Texas. So while corporate branding is a huge part of the appeal to Austin and Texas, that won’t allow us to manage the roster the way we want. That has to come from donors. 

Texas has 500k living alumni. If we have 20% of that giving 10 bucks a month, that’s 12 million a year. That manages our roster, covers some other sports, and gets us to where we want. That’s what we need to be trying to achieve. 

• Hook 'Em 4

4 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Great post. I’ll pick a few nits and and some color, but it’s mostly spot on. First, factor in the fact that many of our billionaires have flat out said they won’t fund NIL period, ever.  Maybe that changes if we start getting to the playoffs, maybe it doesn’t. Maybe we have to wait for them to die and their kids to inherit. Maybe that money never comes. 

Another thing to understand is that corporate sponsorship is a big deal, I view it as a cherry on top. Do the cars and luchese luggage and Roback move the needle for recruits and help make the (true) case that Austin is the place to be, that Texas is the place to be? Absolutely, and that’s extremely important. But it also operates almost completely differently from what OneFund is attempting to accomplish, eventually. A baseline for all players and a chance to shop and retain via the portal. It’s unlikely a corporate brand will step in and front the funds for a player to stay at Texas. So while corporate branding is a huge part of the appeal to Austin and Texas, that won’t allow us to manage the roster the way we want. That has to come from donors. 

Texas has 500k living alumni. If we have 20% of that giving 10 bucks a month, that’s 12 million a year. That manages our roster, covers some other sports, and gets us to where we want. That’s what we need to be trying to achieve. 

The corporate level stuff is what NIL was sold as- and feared at the big boys. I strongly suspect a guy like Arch can make more at Texas than anywhere else (excepting maybe USC) and that’s a nice thing to have in our back pocket when hunting the bluest of the blue 5 star skill position players. So, cool cool cool. 
I think the fanbase will get to where we want it to be eventually. LHF leads the way in that kind of thing and one fund should get there eventually, even if it rightfully feels like peddling up hill right now. Eventually the much derided in many corners “$200 donor” will get it. Maybe that’s when One fund has LHF points, maybe it’s when enough people are exposed to it, maybe it’s after the spring game-I don’t know- but I feel like an inflection point will be reached someday and then it’s all maintenance and coasting downhill. Y’all are doing gods work peddling uphill right now. Sponsoring the spring game is really good for Texas One. The more the coaches talk about it the better from that perspective. 
I have no idea why our billionaires are so obstinate.  You might be right that some of them just need to die and the next generation might give. It’s odd to me that they are ok with chipping in 7 figures to buy out a coach but are withholding 7 figures that might make that next coach successful but here we are I guess. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

The corporate level stuff is what NIL was sold as- and feared at the big boys. I strongly suspect a guy like Arch can make more at Texas than anywhere else (excepting maybe USC) and that’s a nice thing to have in our back pocket when hunting the bluest of the blue 5 star skill position players. So, cool cool cool. 
I think the fanbase will get to where we want it to be eventually. LHF leads the way in that kind of thing and one fund should get there eventually, even if it rightfully feels like peddling up hill right now. Eventually the much derided in many corners “$200 donor” will get it. Maybe that’s when One fund has LHF points, maybe it’s when enough people are exposed to it, maybe it’s after the spring game-I don’t know- but I feel like an inflection point will be reached someday and then it’s all maintenance and coasting downhill. Y’all are doing gods work peddling uphill right now. Sponsoring the spring game is really good for Texas One. The more the coaches talk about it the better from that perspective. 
I have no idea why our billionaires are so obstinate.  You might be right that some of them just need to die and the next generation might give. It’s odd to me that they are ok with chipping in 7 figures to buy out a coach but are withholding 7 figures that might make that next coach successful but here we are I guess. 

I think the biggest thing is the generational gap. I've told the stories many times here about going to a LHF planning meeting, and 90% of it being people 65+, dressed in their finest, and balking and deriding the money we had to spend on updated player facilities, the old people saying "The value of a UT degree is all they should need." All that shit. I think it's a mindset that is just ingrained in many of the older generation. "I didn't have they, they shouldn't either," etc. I don't think it's all that different from that regard than older generations balking at the shit younger generation does these days. "What's an Instagram," etc. It all comes from the same place, imo. 

I head the same thing over and over from my LHF contact. And he has also said that he has had way, way more success soliciting for OneFund from the kids of the billionaires, and the fairly successful 35-50 aged donors, even if they're "smaller" dollar amounts. 

• Hook 'Em 2

have you thought about doing a longhorn media tour to spread the word about Texas One and explain to fans why they need to donate?

Like do some podcast episodes with all the Longhorn podcasters, like On Texas Football, Everybody Gets a Trophy, Longhorn Blitz, Trey and BK, Longhorn Homer, maybe even the Modcast.

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, Viper said:

have you thought about doing a longhorn media tour to spread the word about Texas One and explain to fans why they need to donate?

Like do some podcast episodes with all the Longhorn podcasters, like On Texas Football, Everybody Gets a Trophy, Longhorn Blitz, Trey and BK, Longhorn Homer, maybe even the Modcast.

Animated GIF

5 minutes ago, Viper said:

That would be really great I think. 

2 hours ago, Viper said:

I think a way to do this would be similar to those type of things like they did in the Texas Fight Tour at the Rustic in San Antonio.

https://www.statesman.com/story/sports/college/2022/05/10/texas-coach-steve-sarkisian-offers-reality-during-texas-fight-tour/9712201002/

But have them at night in more of a town hall setting type place invite all alumni, fans, etc and have Texas One Reps there as well as reps from Burnt Ends and other forms of NIL we have. Explain to people the need for this and that their donations can directly impact the talent we bring in across all sports. Entice them with M&G's such as meeting CDC, Sark, basketball coaches, baseball/softball coaches, and etc. 

A real grass roots approach if you will. The dinner that is stickied here for a while is a great idea for that tier bracket that has $1000 or whatever it was to donate. But if you can get people subscribed for 10-20 a month in bulk(see our enormous 9.95 industry subscriber base) then we will be raking in money.