NIL Recruiting News Megathread

texifornia

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I’m sure a large percentage of Stewart’s followers are young women. He didn’t become a TikTok celeb for just football, if I remember correctly. I can’t confirm because I don’t have TikTok. 

It's this. Younger black men and women buy Coach stuff, I definitely see it around - It's "luxury" but affordable.

7 hours ago, RabidM said:

OK, that's just fucking weird... what benefit could Coach possibly get out of an endorsement from a regionally popular football player?  Their customers are largely women who have no idea who the fuck Evan Stewart is.  Is he supposed to drive sales?  It might be different if the company was based in central Texas or something.  That just looks like wasted money.  Is their CEO an aggy?  

couple of million (2 and change) followers on tiktok. the well known Aggie network (lol). but as someone else laid out it's probably some combo of his following + his agency pushing him

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

You notice some strange shit, my man. 

He's fastidious, assiduous, perspicacious and fabulous. He's going to know the buying trends of various demographics that he's marketing to or building brands with or he'd be very mediocre at his job. 

Or, he walked by a Coach store at any one of 150 outlet malls spread across this country and noticed the absurdly long line of black teens and twenty somethings waiting to be let in. 

• Haha 8

On 4/18/2023 at 8:51 AM, MichaelDicksonFanClub said:

What's interesting about this after doing some light digging is the companion bill, HB 2804 was introduced by Texas Ex John Kuempel who was a walk on for our football program. The SB that is referenced here was carried on by a TCU alumn Lois Kolkhorst who was a golfer for TCU.

Has Kuempel been involved with any of our NIL initiatives?

Edited by BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Which may, in turn, hurt Kevin Stitt's re-election chances.  

I thought only OU fans are illiterate.  It’s obvious dumbshit will end up passing this once he gets his 20 other bullshit things passed.  Well before the SEC move.  Glad they’re competing w all the trashiest states soon.  Very fitting.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2023 at 2:34 PM, BurntOrange&White said:

What's interesting about this after doing some light digging is the companion bill, HB 2804 was introduced by Texas Ex John Kuempel who was a walk on for our football program. The SB that is referenced here was carried on by a TCU alumn Lois Kolkhorst who was a golfer for TCU.

Has Kuempel been involved with any of our NIL initiatives?

Lois may be a TCU alum but she does what John Sharp tells her to regarding what A&M wants.  She didn't back in 2016 and he made things very difficult for her in her next campaign. She's been a good soldier for Sharp ever since. Lois is still a dang good Senator, but with the area she represents, she's pretty tied to Sharp.

• Fuck You 2

8 hours ago, TexasRenegade said:

Lois may be a TCU alum but she does what John Sharp tells her to regarding what A&M wants.  She didn't back in 2016 and he made things very difficult for her in her next campaign. She's been a good soldier for Sharp ever since. Lois is still a dang good Senator, but with the area she represents, she's pretty tied to Sharp.

Maybe lets not cloak it up by having you tell us which senators you really like. Because I’ve got to tell you, anyone who sounds like a John Sharp stooge doesn’t sound like a good senator to me. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Maybe lets not cloak it up by having you tell us which senators you really like. Because I’ve got to tell you, anyone who sounds like a John Sharp stooge doesn’t sound like a good senator to me. 

Just realities of the area she represents and the role A&M plays in said area. At least she is representing the interest of said people.

There are members of the lege that are beholden to far worse people then john sharp over simple campaign donations....

• Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, TexasRenegade said:

Just realities of the area she represents and the role A&M plays in said area. At least she is representing the interest of said people.

There are members of the lege that are beholden to far worse people then john sharp over simple campaign donations....

The reality is that you've brought politics to the recruiting board. Twice now. There are probably faster ways to get crowd-sourced out of here, but I've got to be honest, I'm struggling to think of one. Maybe use Thots in your next post. Or better you, shut the fuck up on the topic that you brought up. Or Don't. 

Lets-get-nuts GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

The reality is that you've brought politics to the recruiting board. Twice now. There are probably faster ways to get crowd-sourced out of here, but I've got to be honest, I'm struggling to think of one. Maybe use Thots in your next post. Or better you, shut the fuck up on the topic that you brought up. Or Don't. 

Lets-get-nuts GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

What are your thots on the geopolitical spectrum of NIL?

8 hours ago, TexasRenegade said:

(*negged)

I have no idea who she is, and whether she's:

A. Great other than that whole kowtowing to John Sharp business, or
B. A total piece of shit that is also beholden to John Sharp.

I don't give a flying fuck about her or your views on her politics. But, if I were inclined to try to learn about her (I'm not) I'd do so in the CR. 

• Hook 'Em 3

https://www.on3.com/nil/news/texas-legislature-set-to-send-transformative-nil-bill-to-governor-greg-abbott/

The net-net is this would allow schools to legally incent NIL giving with rewards and access. Ultimately, I know Texas would like to just run the whole damned thing the way they do LHF, but this legislation doesn't get it there. I'd be all for UT Athletics running it as well. Any perceived conflicts go away immediately and the professional fundraisers get to just bundle this with what they're already doing. 

As it stands, this would be great legislation that would boost something that is already out in front of damned near everyone else and being used effectively by multiple UT programs. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Jabberwocky said:

Any entity found to be in violation of the bill's regulations would be "appropriately disciplined." The USIAC would leave enforcement up to "existing agencies," including state attorneys general (for agents and third parties). The NCAA would still oversee wrongdoing by athletes.

23 hours ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Do y'all think he paid for that Apartment with his NIL money OR the Apartment was part of his NIL package?

Their main NIL guys are real estate guys, so likely giving away apartments in buildings they own. It’s actually a smart move.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hornbri said:

CDC almost has this thing over the line. It’s a pretty big deal. 

Does anyone worry that this will cause aggy to just completely spit in the face and throw the double bird to everyone more than they already do?

Just now, Vertigo said:

Does anyone worry that this will cause aggy to just completely spit in the face and throw the double bird to everyone more than they already do?

Aggy is already doing it because of how the 12th man is set up. This actually helps us be on the same page. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 5/22/2023 at 2:01 PM, closetojumping said:

https://www.on3.com/nil/news/texas-legislature-set-to-send-transformative-nil-bill-to-governor-greg-abbott/

The net-net is this would allow schools to legally incent NIL giving with rewards and access. Ultimately, I know Texas would like to just run the whole damned thing the way they do LHF, but this legislation doesn't get it there. I'd be all for UT Athletics running it as well. Any perceived conflicts go away immediately and the professional fundraisers get to just bundle this with what they're already doing. 

As it stands, this would be great legislation that would boost something that is already out in front of damned near everyone else and being used effectively by multiple UT programs. 

10 hours ago, Vertigo said:

See above and below

10 hours ago, hornbri said:

Aggy is already doing it because of how the 12th man is set up. This actually helps us be on the same page. 

Let me be more specific about how the rewards program could benefit regular people who contribute to NIL (but for some reason might not want to donate big to the LHF). If the rewards transfer, you can use those points to get priority seating for: OU game, and big time away games. For example, if you have enough points, you can buy X number of OU tickets ahead of time over the summer through the LHF, pick the priority seats. You can also get access to buy away game tickets, like say Alabama. All of these tickets are at cost. You can enjoy the fruits, or if you want to resell the tickets, could make a chunk of your money back for contributing to NIL.  

• Hook 'Em 2

52 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Let me be more specific about how the rewards program could benefit regular people who contribute to NIL (but for some reason might not want to donate big to the LHF). If the rewards transfer, you can use those points to get priority seating for: OU game, and big time away games. For example, if you have enough points, you can buy X number of OU tickets ahead of time over the summer through the LHF, pick the priority seats. You can also get access to buy away game tickets, like say Alabama. All of these tickets are at cost. You can enjoy the fruits, or if you want to resell the tickets, could make a chunk of your money back for contributing to NIL.  

45 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I'd say kind of treat NIL contribution to LHF/TexasOneFund as bonus points where as you can earn 2x, 3x, or whatever multiplier you choose. 

Nothing is ironed out yet, but yes, there's a very strong push around activating NIL within the standard LHF donor set via significant additional benefits. 

There is a lot of positive momentum around TOF right now, which will impact every sports and specifically, football. The passing of the bill in the state legislature will only help.

• Hook 'Em 6

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

41 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Nothing is ironed out yet, but yes, there's a very strong push around activating NIL within the standard LHF donor set via significant additional benefits. 

There is a lot of positive momentum around TOF right now, which will impact every sports and specifically, football. The passing of the bill in the state legislature will only help.

Bugs Bunny Money GIF by Looney Tunes

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2