Things not going well for Applebees

Parliament

3 minutes ago, Helobious said:

The reason you think Applebees sucks is because people tell you to think that it sucks. It’s great food. Same with Chili’s, Longhorn Steakhouse, and the like. It’s no accident that they have locations everywhere. 

I haven't eaten at Applebees and Chili's in the longest time, but I don't recall having a bad meal there if you know what to, or not to order.

But regarding the OP, their management seems like they suck.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Helobious said:

The reason you think Applebees sucks is because people tell you to think that it sucks. It’s great food. Same with Chili’s, Longhorn Steakhouse, and the like. It’s no accident that they have locations everywhere. 

And the Yankees will win every world series and region 4 will win all the Texas high school football state championships

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Seems fake. Who needs to explicitly explain all that in an email like that?

Yeah I'm suspicious. This stuff is obvious and not something that needs to be explained in an email. It's something the rich fucks will laugh about while eating gold plated sushi off a naked woman.

Edited by 'stache

Nickelback sold over 50 million albums (that's the real number), therefore their music was great.
There's no other possible explanation.

I don't get the hate specifically for Nickelback. They make generic, pop rock. Thousands of bands just like them out there who do the same. The Foo Fighters being one of them who crank out the same generic crap yet are praised for whatever reason.
  • Hook 'Em 4

Given the work emails I have received over the year, I'm inclined to believe that this is real. There are always those corporate employees who are the masters of the obvious. They point out dumb shit like this as if it's some great insight. In meetings, they talk a lot and begin their statements with idiocy like "This issue is more complicated than it appears on the surface..." while other dumbfucks nod their heads in agreement.

From what I can tell, the author of the email is this guy:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/wayne-pankratz-95726351

The CC dude could be this guy who works for a franchise group that owns Applebee's restaurants:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/thom-waye-b431a368

He probably has other email addresses (common for someone in that position) and "Thom Bees" is the name Wayne gave that email account; "Bees" meaning it's his Applebee's email address.

Although I could be wrong.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

I haven’t eaten at Chili’s in a very long time, but when I was in college I really liked their chicken strips and honey mustard. 

"Most importantly, have the culture and environment that will attract people"

Like the sort of culture and environment where you write excited emails about how you'll be able to pay your workers less because they are getting hit hard with rising prices? That sort of attractive culture and environment?

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

As someone who has been forced to eat there a couple of times, I can say this is bullshit.  It fucking sucks ass. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

I've eaten at Applebee's once, and that was in College Station. 

Never had complaints about Chili's to be honest. Haven't been in a long time, but always thought the burger was good. 

Edited by FirstTimeCaller

11 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

"Most importantly, have the culture and environment that will attract people"

Like the sort of culture and environment where you write excited emails about how you'll be able to pay your workers less because they are getting hit hard with rising prices? That sort of attractive culture and environment?

Yep. Classic corporate bullshit behavior. I once worked for a large company that was constantly firing people for petty mistakes because upper management said "it kept employees on their toes." Everyone was afraid for their jobs. Then management would talk about how great their culture was.

I've eaten at Applebee's once, and that was in College Station. 
Never had complaints about Chili's to be honest. Haven't been in a long time, but always thought the burger was good. 

Yeah, I don’t get the Chilis hate. I get that they are not a replica of the original, but it is far superior to Applebee’s.
Longhorn steakhouse ain’t bad for what it is. Applebee’s is bad for what it is.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, tigol said:

Yeah, I don’t get the Chilis hate. I get that they are not a replica of the original, but it is far superior to Applebee’s.

Kind of agree regarding Chilis, but they seem to have made some questionable menu changes in the last few years, many in the name of "healthiness" that comes out as blandness.  Never been to Longhorn Steakhouse, so can't comment.

It's been 10 years plus, but wife lived near an Applebees when we were dating.  She loves spinach artichoke dip and their version is pretty credible, or used to be.  And whatever else we had there was quite decent, if not haute cuisine.  They had some kind of two entree for $20 deal that we did with some regularity and I seem to recall a little steak that was tasty, as well as some form of cheeseburger. I wouldn't say it's great, but it's decent for what it is, and I suppose pretty uniform wherever you go.

• Like 1

Oh

11 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Kind of agree regarding Chilis, but they seem to have made some questionable menu changes in the last few years, many in the name of "healthiness" that comes out as blandness.  

You just reminded me of the last time I ate Chili's and why I haven't been since. Ate at the one in Kingsville on the way to South Padre. They had the calorie counts for all the meals and I was just floored. Everything started at 1,200+ calories, except for the grilled chicken with veggies.

Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

Last time i are at Applebees i barely made it home to the toilet in time. Last time I ate at Chili's they sat a table of about 12 gypsies next to us. They absolutely wore the waiter out- changing shit, constantly asking for shit, complaining about everything being wrong, complaining to the manager, asking for shit to be remade, wanted everything comped...it was a fucking fiasco. It wasn't Chili's staff's fault and they were far more diplomatic than i would have been to this obvious scam, but naturally our service was affected by that circus and we haven't been back in several years.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Last time i are at Applebees i barely made it home to the toilet in time. Last time I ate at Chili's they sat a table of about 12 gypsies next to us. They absolutely wore the waiter out- changing shit, constantly asking for shit, complaining about everything being wrong, complaining to the manager, asking for shit to be remade, wanted everything comped...it was a fucking fiasco. It wasn't Chili's staff's fault and they were far more diplomatic than i would have been to this obvious scam, but naturally our service was affected by that circus and we haven't been back in several years.  

Had the EXACT thing happen during our last visit to Chili’s.  Same result … haven’t gone back.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Had the EXACT thing happen during our last visit to Chili’s.  Same result … haven’t gone back.

Now that's some damn coincidence. Either Chili's is a known mark for gypsy scams, or y'all were at the same spot at the same time.

1 hour ago, tigol said:

Agree about Chili's and Longhorn Steakhouse.  They are markedly better than Applebee's. 

When I was in college, my uncle’s neighbor was some sort of Bigwig at Brinker.  He got hammered at their Xmas party, ran home, and came back with stacks of gift cards for all of the college aged folks there.  Probably 25 per person for $20/each.  I ate at Chili’s a lot that spring semester.