2022 Masters - The Return of Tiger

Jive Turkey

13 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Tiger showed up in footjoys and didn’t tell Nike. Dick move but he’s a huge dick. Also Nikes have shitty traction 

B8911AFC-CF12-469E-901A-A972FD55997B.png

Speculation is he needs a custom orthotic and nikes are just too soft to accept it. Everything else is still nike. I highly doubt they were in the dark on this. 

1 hour ago, pops said:

Speculation is he needs a custom orthotic and nikes are just too soft to accept it. Everything else is still nike. I highly doubt they were in the dark on this. 

My speculation would be that Nike could come up with a solution if given a little advance notice.

1 hour ago, dieucla98 said:

Masters on the range is live on CBS Sports Network right now. I think it goes until 1pm. Finau on the range at the moment.

I really, really like The Masters, but watching Tony Finau work his way through a large bucket just doesn’t do it for me.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

I'm lucky enough to have been there for 2 practice rounds and it's funny to me to see all the people that stand and watch guys on the range for more than a couple of minutes.  With all the things to see and enjoy on that property the practice area would be near the bottom of my list.

Edited by 4th&Five
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

I'm lucky enough to have been there for 2 practice rounds and it's funny to me to see all the people that stand and watch guys on the range for more than a couple of minutes.  With all the things to see and enjoy on that property the practice area would be near the bottom of my list.

Had an opportunity to see the course for a practice round for one morning.  Practice area is by the entrance and our host drove me crazy hanging around it for a loooong time watching players chip.  I finally said, "let's see this fucking course!"  Walked most of the course, but didn't feel like we had enough time to really take it all in.

19 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Tiger showed up in footjoys and didn’t tell Nike. Dick move but he’s a huge dick. Also Nikes have shitty traction 

B8911AFC-CF12-469E-901A-A972FD55997B.png

No offense but I don't give a shit what shoes he's wearing. If Nike has a huge issue with it they can quit sponsoring him I guess. 

7 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

26 year run broken 

it’s a huge story on social media

But he isn't even playing... 

Philadelphia 76Ers Basketball GIF

Idk. I'm sure it's a big deal to Nike. Tiger almost died in a car accident and had to reconstruct his leg. If he needs better shoes then Nike should make him better shoes. AFAIC he can wear and play with whatever he wants. He's played with different clubs and balls for years now. 

Was checking out the tournament odds on the couple of online books i have access to. Tiger is 50-1 on one site, and 80-1 on the other. Plenty of guys with worse odds than Tiger which seems strange. It will be amusing if he does play, because the books know he will drive insane futures betting as everyone will throw a little something on Tiger for the fuck of it, so they have to keep adjusting as it happens. On my site that lists Tiger at 50-1, there are quite a few others with worse odds.

I took a couple of small flyers so far: Kisner @ 115-1 (fuck it, two recent top 4's finishes), Rose @ 85-1 (Its a major, seems to play well at Augusta). I'll probably end up making obligatory bets on either Spieth @ 22-1 or Scheffler @ 16-1 (or both). Fleetwood at 80-1 intrigues me, but he doesn't really challenge at Augusta. 

Edited by Blotto

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Nike has likely paid 3 times his PGA career earnings, maybe 4 times. 

So he's internally indebted to them? I doubt Tiger needs the money anymore and if he does I bet footjoy would back the truck up for him. 

I don't think it's a "dick move" to wear a different pair of golf shoes. He doesn't even play on tour anymore.

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

Was checking out the tournament odds on the couple of online books i have access to. Tiger is 50-1 on one site, and 80-1 on the other. Plenty of guys with worse odds than Tiger which seems strange. It will be amusing if he does play, because the books know he will drive insane futures betting as everyone will throw a little something on Tiger for the fuck of it, so they have to keep adjusting as it happens. On my site that lists Tiger at 50-1, there are quite a few others with worse odds.

I took a couple of small flyers so far: Kisner @ 115-1 (fuck it, two recent top 4's finishes), Rose @ 85-1 (Its a major, seems to play well at Augusta). I'll probably end up making obligatory bets on either Spieth @ 22-1 or Scheffler @ 16-1 (or both). Fleetwood at 80-1 intrigues me, but he doesn't really challenge at Augusta. 

The bookies learned their lesson in 2019, when the general feeling was Tiger wasn't sharp enough to win but tons of people want to bet on him. It isn't the odds that drive the casual fan to wanting a Tiger ticket

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Nike has likely paid 3 times his PGA career earnings, maybe 4 times. 

Little of that had to do with shoes; clubs, balls, clothes, hats. He was a walking billboard during the prime of his career, I'm pretty sure they got their monies worth out of Eldrick

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, pops said:

Nike can make him any shoe he wants in less than a week. The current slate of Nike golf shoes absolutely sucks 

41B85602-1DE4-4FDB-95B9-456A4051F421.jpeg

Edited by tx 3 putt

1 hour ago, Heme Doc said:

I just found out there’s no peach ice cream sandwiches this year due to supply chain issues….

Finding that out while in line at the concession stand this morning  was easily the low point of my day. 

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

Nike can make him any shoe he wants in less than a week. The current slate of Nike golf shoes absolutely sucks 

41B85602-1DE4-4FDB-95B9-456A4051F421.jpeg

Yeah... that was kind of my point.... nothing nike makes gives him the stability that he needs. I guess they could do something with their Cole Haan line or something but if he really didn't know if he was going to play 2 week ago or even a month ago then why would they ramp something up?

I'm sure we will have the tw 22 orthotic edition at some point. Or he can do like he did with Miura irons for years and just slap the swoosh on someone else's kicks 😅

8 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Augusta is obviously different,  but if I'm at a tour event the range is one of my favorite places to sit and watch. Watching them flight the ball and hit different shots is unreal. Augusta, though.... especially during the practice round... I'm probably out on the course. 

2 minutes ago, pops said:

Augusta is obviously different,  but if I'm at a tour event the range is one of my favorite places to sit and watch. Watching them flight the ball and hit different shots is unreal. Augusta, though.... especially during the practice round... I'm probably out on the course. 

my first tour event was the Houston open in the woodlands, week before the masters. I was on the practice tee rope, dead center behind seve ballesteros. You could each out and grab his club. His irons were as thin as a razor blade. He finished with the driver. Never broke the tee, the caddy grabbed his tee and they walked to #1. 

• Like 1

On 3/25/2022 at 7:07 AM, ConferenceRoom said:

I don't think that was in question. My point was Jive might be jumping the gun on the title. 

for a few days, i was afraid you might be right.  but at this point, i don't see how he WDs now.  i think all systems are go.

• Like 1