Taylor Hawkins (Foo Fighters) dead

UnivTex34

14 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

I don’t think they get another drummer. I think it’s over.

You may be right.  We have tickets to see them in August at a small outdoor venue in SW Montana.  I'm not sure I could go now even if they do continue.   This is devastating. 

RIP Taylor 

Outside of family and friends, there are only a handful of people whose death will bring/have brought actual tears for me:  Larry Bird, Earl Campbell, Vince Young, Dave Grohl, Waylon Jennings, Hank Aaron, my high school coaches, and, although I never knew it before tonight, Taylor Hawkins.  Sitting here going through all the videos my son and I made when we saw Foo Fighters a few years back has got the room a little dusty.

Edited by Burt
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

From Reddit.

Here's a picture of the stage a few minutes ago

https://twitter.com/pabloacuna/status/1507567335124647942

Edit: Brazilian news is citing Colombian news saying that the band was ready and waiting at their hotel's reception to go do their show, and that a member of the band went to his room and found him already dead. They didn't say which member nor have said anything about cause of death yet.

What a gut punch. 

Taylor was goofy, amiable, hilarious, cool as hell, grounded, and talented beyond measure. The back and forth he had with Dave Grohl on stage and backstage was sublime, both musically and in their goofing around for the crowd and camera. It made you happy to be a part of their scene. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, ulukinatme said:

The only way I see them go on is if Dave returns to the drums.  

Kiss Guy from Austin can take over on guitar.

I don't see Dave going back to the drums.  he has to sing all the songs and my guess is he won't ever be in rock band tour drummer shape again.  either Dave ends it a la Plant or it's a real long hiatus. Dave is gonna feel a lot of pressure to keep going because there are a lot of people that depend on the Foo for their careers.  He's gonna need to talk to some musicians who have been through this.

that's a discussion for another day.

I feel for his wife and kids.  just awful.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1