Taylor Hawkins (Foo Fighters) dead

UnivTex34

They seemingly did this pretty quick — 10 substances in his system.

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/pop-culture-news/details-emerge-colombian-authorities-investigate-death-foo-fighters-dr-rcna21689?fbclid=IwAR3tec3cGsV0BYgVRQTUiWrGwN302YIY6FhTWsPnNYGbqe62KWojvtTt5X0

The office of the Attorney General of Colombia tweeted the update Saturday, saying a preliminary toxicology test found substances including opioids, benzodiazepines, tricyclic antidepressants, and THC, the psychoactive compound in marijuana.

16 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I wouldn't trust those labs and they should not have released that information.  Confirmatory blood work takes more than one day and this should have been handled with more discretion.  I hope the family sues if they didn't approve the release.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I saw an "article" in the Daily Mail with that headline, and the "article" said nothing of the sort.  There's a lot of bullshit floating around.  I'm not speculating on the cause of death, but I wouldn't trust much out of Colombia at the moment.

Or ever.

Well, except the booger sugar.

Edited by SizzleChest

5dc997e60182bbb4e74ef7cd.jpg?mode=crop&r

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/26/entertainment/tributes-reactions-taylor-hawkins-death/index.html#:~:text=(CNN) Roger Taylor%2C the,persuade him he had potential.

Roger Taylor, the Queen percussionist who Taylor Hawkins had said inspired him to get into drumming, says he feels like he's "losing a younger favourite brother."

And Blink 182 drummer Travis Barker remembers Hawkins as a man who helped persuade him he had potential.
They and scores of others in rock and music royalty have been collectively struggling with the news that Hawkins is gone.
Hawkins, the longtime drummer for recent Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductees the Foo Fighters, has died at age 50, his band announced Friday, shortly before the group was to play in Colombia.
The cause of death was not immediately disclosed.

(continued)

Roger Taylor also helped talk Taylor out of leaving Foo in '99 and joining Axl Rose for a new version of Guns N Roses.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, tigol said:

I wouldn't trust those labs and they should not have released that information.  Confirmatory blood work takes more than one day and this should have been handled with more discretion.  I hope the family sues if they didn't approve the release.

10 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I saw an "article" in the Daily Mail with that headline, and the "article" said nothing of the sort.  There's a lot of bullshit floating around.  I'm not speculating on the cause of death, but I wouldn't trust much out of Colombia at the moment.

Agree, but people don't really die of natural causes at 50, either.

2 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Fucking allergies 

It sucks that we won’t get moments like that again. For a band that huge, Dave and Taylor are/were about as real and genuine as one could be. It’s cool to see yet another moment of them setting aside egos and macho posturing to express their love & appreciation for each other in front of a crowd. I would guess that there was nothing left unsaid between them, and that provides a modicum of comfort. Allergies, indeed. 

• Hook 'Em 2

17 hours ago, tigol said:

I don't know, man, Colombia knows some shit about drugs. 

22 minutes ago, Whitewater Horn said:

It sucks that we won’t get moments like that again. For a band that huge, Dave and Taylor are/were about as real and genuine as one could be. It’s cool to see yet another moment of them setting aside egos and macho posturing to express their love & appreciation for each other in front of a crowd. I would guess that there was nothing left unsaid between them, and that provides a modicum of comfort. Allergies, indeed. 

Yeah for sure. I think I posted before but had a buddy end up at a resort in Cabo at the same time as Dave and his wife and he was as cool as you can imagine.  Hung out poolside all day with them. 

That " I'd be delivering pizzas if it wasn't for Dave Grohl" line was crazy 

28 minutes ago, DougO said:

I don't know, man, Colombia knows some shit about drugs. 

Well, it was apparently a urine test, but I don't know if that's as good as blood work.  

My question would be grounded in naivete . . . why would an obviously proud drummer do opioids before a multi-hour rock show?  I mean, we're not talking about Charlie Parker on sax.  The physicality would seem to demand a bit more awareness than what one might have in the midst of an opioid haze.  That said, if he was back to being a regular user, maybe that wasn't such an issue.

Furk.

5 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

When I heard that I thought "damn, if he were in Cleveland, half the audience would be like 'what the fuck, I deliver pizzas all day long!'".

I'd take the pizza gig in Cleveland over the managing a drum department at a Guitar Center option every single day. 

Edited by topochico
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Well, it was apparently a urine test, but I don't know if that's as good as blood work.  

My question would be grounded in naivete . . . why would an obviously proud drummer do opioids before a multi-hour rock show?  I mean, we're not talking about Charlie Parker on sax.  The physicality would seem to demand a bit more awareness than what one might have in the midst of an opioid haze.  That said, if he was back to being a regular user, maybe that wasn't such an issue.

Furk.

Opioids showing up on a test doesn't necessarily mean you're nodded out on heroin. It could have been from the night before. Or, like you said, he could have been popping pills regularly again and was just taking the edge off. Or he WAS getting high before the show. 

Complaining of chest pain doesn't sound like a precursor to an opioid OD, though. At least, it would be a weird symptom. Maybe it was something undiagnosed that he got unlucky with. 

Not trying to speculate - just speculating for the sake of making the point that none of us know yet.

• Hook 'Em 1

I don't know how I've never seen this before, and I'm posting this not because it's bad ass only, but because of the last minute or two with her and Taylor.

And the feedback at the end just gives it a "getting dusty in here," feeling.

One other thing I was watching, when she threw a drumstick to the crowd and was about to throw the 2nd one I would be she told him, "I'm keeping this one."

Ugh, such a fucking shock.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2022 at 12:45 PM, Rip76 said:

From Perry Farrell 

Ends with a voice message from Taylor Hawkins on Thursday night from the hotel.

wow 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CboD3nggrAQ/?utm_medium=copy_link

WTF is wrong with Perry--is he high?  And Perry, maybe just grow old normally and don't f'k with your face.  Everybody in that first picture except for Taylor had facial fuckage done.  

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 3/28/2022 at 4:22 PM, TexasEd said:

All my favorite drummers are dead. Except one (won't list him because I don't want to curse him) And it isn't Dave, I think of him as an overall musician now.

• John Bonham
  • Neil Peart
  • Taylor Hawkins
  • Ginger Baker

Is it Lars? You can say Lars if it's Lars. No one will mind.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1