Do you own too much of something?

markstanco

Tape measures.  I found 7 of them at one point.  Put them all in a box in the garage and slowly they've disappeared (wife is bad about putting things back). 

We own a lot of duplicate items like tools or dishes we both had before marriage.  Then, after moving a couple of times we've had to re-buy things.  Now that we're likely in the the second-to-last place we'll ever live we're unpacking stuff and finding lots of things we haven't seen in 20 years.

4 hours ago, markstanco said:

I used to have a bunch of coolers. Like 5 or 6 of them. But when I got a few Yeti hard coolers and a soft side I threw out the igloo ones.

Currently I have a trailer hitch overstock.

8dc8f36dc58a15a3df01004bee9c38d1.jpg

Looks like momma sucked the chrome off a few…. Congrats. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Hpara759 said:

koozies......

got a drawer stuffed with them- open the drawer and they pop out everywhere 

koozies are nomads. I've never purchased a koozie in my life, but I somehow have a drawer full. And when we have a neighborhood bbq or something, they'll disappear and I'll have a drawer full of DIFFERENT koozies. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, markstanco said:

Actually yes I was. Wasn’t it fantastic? Those kids kicked butt big time! I was so proud of my kiddo. He was noted in the back page for his help. Did you enjoy it too?

Yep.  Did you see The Who that put up the horns at the end?  Good show.

• Like 1

All I know is some neighbors of ours in their 70s just retired to the PNW and headed out last week. They reached out to a couple of us and said "hey, the cleaners will be there Mon so anything you see in the house you want is yours. Thanks for the memories."

We joined out next door friends at noon today. We never could have guessed the retirees were hoarders. Hefty bags full of plastic grocery bags. Every sized Duracell pack of 24 batteries you could imagine with a best used by date of 2012. Their fridge & freezer was full of half eaten tater tots and condiments. A total WTF mess.

I took home some unused leather work gloves, bungies and pristine painting supplies. My neighbor scored some medium duty storage shelves, gardening tools (good quality) and enough LED light bulbs to redo his house.

It was fucking creepy going through their home and finding bathrooms full of half used ointments and shit. The cleaning crew is gonna need a roll off to handle that mess.

Pint glasses and barrel aged stouts.

For about a 5 year period, my wife and I got a pint glass every time we went to a different brewery.  She worked for Toppling Goliath at the time and visited new breweries quite a bit.  Also, through her beer connections, we ended up getting a plethora of these big barrel aged beers that I don't even enjoy that much but are generally highly regarded in that community.  Some of these are getting to be 5+ years old and it's probably time drink them or dump them.

4 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Pint glasses and barrel aged stouts.

For about a 5 year period, my wife and I got a pint glass every time we went to a different brewery.  She worked for Toppling Goliath at the time and visited new breweries quite a bit.  Also, through her beer connections, we ended up getting a plethora of these big barrel aged beers that I don't even enjoy that much but are generally highly regarded in that community.  Some of these are getting to be 5+ years old and it's probably time drink them or dump them.

Hide them where the high school kids will eventually find them. 

6 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Hide them where the high school kids will eventually find them. 

I told my buddy's 21 year old son to stop by and grab some anytime he wanted to drink rocket fuel.

I should probably just go leave a bag in the high school parking lot.

Edited by Al_4_ISU
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

Had like 25 rods and reels at one time.  Now after a significant purge and giving 'em away to the kids I'm down to 2.  I kept my two trout rods.

I used to do a lot of bass fishing many moons ago.  I bet I had around 15.  Now I have 5 for the 3-4 times a year I fish. 

earbuds and headphones. For whatever reason, they never really break on me, then I have a good wired pair for my amp, and a good wireless pair for my phone, but I will lose my wireless ones for about a month or so, buy a new set, then find the old ones. Not to mention all the ones that used to come with apple products, both the 3.5mm and the lightening cable kinds.