Elite Eight

Pancho

So fucking stupid by UH. Down 4 with the ball and 35 seconds left against an 85% shooting FT team. They go for a contested 2 (and miss). You absolutely have to shoot a 3 bc there’s about a 70% chance they are going to hit both, and if they don’t there’s a greater than 0 chance that they get the rebound. So stupid and now the announcers doing their don’t need a three bullshit. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

Just now, Rockethorn1978 said:

Kelvin Sampson “alright guys here’s the play, I want the ball at the top of the key and I want you four to get the fuck out of the way and shoot a pull up three and then you four crash the boards and try to tip it out”

I mean….

After seeing both teams in person last weekend in Pittsburgh I thought Houston was so similar to Villanova in its physical makeup, even a bit stronger but, that Villanova was just too well polished on both ends of the court.

I disagree that this game has been a snoozer. These are two really good teams going at it and every possession is critical. I've enjoyed it very much.

Villanova has just 15 baskets to 17. But that 1/20 from 3 is killer for Houston. 

Edited by PittsburghTiger
  • Like 1

Great game. Offensively challenged for both but never confuse that with an intense, hellacious game. Was a war and a great watch.

Whoever said this wouuldn't be close probaly hasn't watched an hour of CBB this season.

Nova will need a couple days to get over this, such was the physicality.  But they are the best team an will win it all

Just now, longhornmatt said:

More teams should try the radical approach of recruiting guys who can shoot at every position. [/captain obvious].  That’s what made Villanova’s last championship team so good, too.  All 5 guys on the floor at any given time could shoot and had at least the baseline required size/athleticism for the position.  

That team was another level because they all had legit 3 point range, but this one is also pretty stout.  Even the big guys shoot 80% from the FT line and can at least do something if you give them the ball facing the basket.  

Yes, point taken. Position-less basketball is optimal but so hard to execute. 

Villanova beat the best defensive team in the tournament tonight. From here, they will breeze.