Mitch McConnell

Hugo Stiglitz

11 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Yeah, Mitch is a cocksucker, but I'm not gonna celebrate an elderly man getting injured.  

I raged at the trumpkins that celebrated Paul Pelosi's attack.

This. As someone whose #1 priority for my job is to prevent the elderly from falling and who has seen the tragedy that can occur from a fall, I’m not going to make fun of him. But I will celebrate the day he’s no longer a senator

• Fuck You 1

• 2 weeks later...
Funny how the GOP has constantly demanded updates on Fetterman’s health and attacked him non-stop, but McConnell gets hurt and disappears while the same GOP shrugs their shoulders and does nothing about it.

Not to mention the fucking media and how they did gotdamn breaking news, minute by minute, Zapruder level analysis when Hillary Clinton stumbled on a curb.
  • Hook 'Em 3

23 hours ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

I just assumed he’s still out hunting horcruxes. Slytherin’s locket is up next, IIRC.

#10inchesnothingspecial

This is the second or third time we've seen pictures of him with pooled blood/bruising like this. SurlyDocs, what could cause this? Blood thinners? Herpes simplex 10? Having no soul? 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

You guys remember that time Biden got caught in his bike clips, took the fall, and didn’t go to a hospital as a 113 year old dementia patient?

My mom watches Fox News and recently discovered Newsmax. She’s convinced that Joe Biden is a senile old man whose mind is so far gone that Jill has to hold him up and lead him around because he can’t do it for himself. I had to point out to her when Joe visited Ukraine and Poland how Jill wasn’t on that trip, she was in Africa, and what a foreign policy home run that was for Joe and the nation. Apparently the channels where she gets her “news” don’t cover that sort of thing. I imagine there was a clip of two that some channel had on a loop and played it for her over and over again that made her think that Joe is a human vegetable being manipulated by his wife the puppet master. 

So the only people that have heard from McConnell since his fall are Thune and Cornyn, with some texts to Capito and Tillis, with Tillis offering up this gem:

"Mitch is alive and well. His presence is here, and it's known every day that the lights are on," Tillis told reporters.

girl-sure-jan.gif

Progressives and conservatives are joining together to reignite efforts to ban lawmakers from owning and trading stocks. (politico.com)

Spoiler

What happened: Two senior Senate Republicans said they've spoken directly with Mitch McConnell by phone, disclosing direct spoken communication for the first time since the minority leader was hospitalized with a concussion following a fall.

Senate Minority Whip John Thune (R-S.D.) told reporters McConnell "sounded good" and "sounded like Mitch" during their five-minute phone call on Tuesday.

"We just kind of checked in and touched gloves. He wanted to convey his appreciation for the way we’ve been working with his staff."

— Thune, to reporters

Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) also said he spoke by phone with McConnell. "He’s chomping at the bit. Can’t wait to get back. I said, ‘Well, don’t be in a big hurry, 'cause we’re not doing anything here,'" Cornyn told reporters.

Two other GOP senators — Shelley Moore Capito (W.Va.) and Thom Tillis (N.C.) — said they'd been texting with the Kentucky Republican. "He said he’s getting stronger and feeling better, so it was positive," Capito said, adding they'd been in contact by text at the start of the weekend.

"Mitch is alive and well. His presence is here, and it's known every day that the lights are on," Tillis told reporters.

None of the senators speculated on when McConnell might return. His office said March 13 he had left the hospital and had begun "period of physical therapy at an inpatient rehabilitation facility" following his fall.

3 minutes ago, Gap03 said:

So the only people that have heard from McConnell since his fall are Thune and Cornyn, with some texts to Capito and Tillis, with Tillis offering up this gem:

girl-sure-jan.gif

Progressives and conservatives are joining together to reignite efforts to ban lawmakers from owning and trading stocks. (politico.com)

Reveal hidden contents

What happened: Two senior Senate Republicans said they've spoken directly with Mitch McConnell by phone, disclosing direct spoken communication for the first time since the minority leader was hospitalized with a concussion following a fall.

Senate Minority Whip John Thune (R-S.D.) told reporters McConnell "sounded good" and "sounded like Mitch" during their five-minute phone call on Tuesday.

"We just kind of checked in and touched gloves. He wanted to convey his appreciation for the way we’ve been working with his staff."

— Thune, to reporters

Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) also said he spoke by phone with McConnell. "He’s chomping at the bit. Can’t wait to get back. I said, ‘Well, don’t be in a big hurry, 'cause we’re not doing anything here,'" Cornyn told reporters.

Two other GOP senators — Shelley Moore Capito (W.Va.) and Thom Tillis (N.C.) — said they'd been texting with the Kentucky Republican. "He said he’s getting stronger and feeling better, so it was positive," Capito said, adding they'd been in contact by text at the start of the weekend.

None of the senators speculated on when McConnell might return. His office said March 13 he had left the hospital and had begun "period of physical therapy at an inpatient rehabilitation facility" following his fall.

everything that guy said is bullshit.  he would not have outlined in detail the worst case scenario as he currently saw it without having already seen it.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sure whichever shitbag replaces him will be a bigger cancer to the country. About the most I am hoping for is that Cruz somehow decides he's the man for the job, and gets humiliated when once again his colleagues prove that nobody likes that cunt. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, South Austin said:

Jesus Christ, Feinstein, even that fuckstick is having the decency to step down.

Say for a moment that you are old, and a high-ranking Senator, in fact the top Senator of your party, and you got wind that the cases against Trump are really building up, and that the upcoming indictments from Atlanta/DOJ/etc. are going to be particularly nasty.  You know that Trump will do everything in his power to take down everybody around him as well as the party that he thinks should be protecting him - he will absolutely burn down the GQP if it doesn't protect him.  Oh, and you've had some health issues.

Why would you want to stick around and try to pick up the pieces?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

I'm sure whichever shitbag replaces him will be a bigger cancer to the country.

I can't think of any Republican Senators who would be as effective as Mitch has been.  As said above, that kind of sustained ruthlessness (and competence, because he was very competent) is a rarity - way too many of the current crop of Republican Senators would implode and damage themselves in that position, or they'd spend their time chasing down stupid fucking conspiracy theories to please MAGA and not get bigger things done.

Think of how Boebert asks questions in the hearings she's been in, like the recent one with D.C. and public urination, and she just gets clowned and becomes even more of a caricature.

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

About the most I am hoping for is that Cruz somehow decides he's the man for the job, and gets humiliated when once again his colleagues prove that nobody likes that cunt. 

Denzel Washington GIF

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I can't think of any Republican Senators who would be as effective as Mitch has been.  As said above, that kind of sustained ruthlessness (and competence, because he was very competent) is a rarity - way too many of the current crop of Republican Senators would implode and damage themselves in that position, or they'd spend their time chasing down stupid fucking conspiracy theories to please MAGA and not get bigger things done.

Agree. He's a giant piece of shit, but he's also the most effective Senate Majority Leader since LBJ. He's a ratfucker, but he's one of the best ratfuckers in history.

Hope it's true. 

OK, guys, you've duly recognized how effective he's been at destroying our democracy (and he actually voted with the Ds on a few things this year).  

I'm imagining I'm in a meeting in Manhattan tomorrow and my phone buzzes and I read that ol' turtle has bitten the dust.  I'll break out in inappropriate laughter.

Edited by Bullneck