Mitch McConnell

Hugo Stiglitz

Mitch, you should genuinely be afraid.  You're going to get it from your constituents in Kentucky for not pushing for bigger aid checks and from the far right for not pushing through Trump's illegal coup.  You're done and probably can't flee fast enough.  You enabled this destruction on your watch.    

Edited by Mdhorn

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I think the best way to deal with someone focused on obstructing progress is to just go around them. I would not communicate with him or ask for his opinion on proposed legislation. You are just giving him an opportunity to further spread his toxic ideas and mindset. The more you marginalize someone like Senator McConnell the less influence he has. He’ll just resort to lashing out regularly once he realizes the only power he has exists only in his mind. 

• Hook 'Em 4

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

this could go in several threads, but bottom line is that the Dems need to win some seats in 2022 to ensure McConnell doesn't become Senate Majority leader again.

and Breyer may need to be pressured into retiring.

If Beyer retired, but Manchin screws the dems and doesn't support the replacement the seat may not get filled. 

12 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

I don't know who's worse Mitch McConnell or the disingenuous assholes who claim we need to be bipartisan and work with Republicans. No, its Mitch he's worse.

And his definition of “compromise” is that you give me everything I want and I give you nothing that you want. 

25 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

If Beyer retired, but Manchin screws the dems and doesn't support the replacement the seat may not get filled. 

Is this just doom casting or is there a single thing anyone can point to that he would not support it?

He seems to give deference to POTUS (so far) - he confirmed 2 of Trump's 3 (but not ACB because it he said it was way too fucking close to the election) and he was adamant the Senate should have done its job for Garland in 2016.  He was not in the Senate for either Sotomayor or Kagan's nominations. 

He acts with impunity because he knows the country so well. Like Trump, he thrives working in the zone where even semi-decent people follow rules and traditions that serve the whole. We don't have punishment for this other than the ballot because, like Trump, it was not imagined that such base, vile scoundrels could rise to power. Bad people have run things before, but this shit is out of control.

Mitch shuffles around unafraid of infamy because it brings no penalty. He never worries about where his actions should put him in a better functioning republic with a population aware of what is at stake. To wit:

spacer.png

They've even managed to dilute the real meaning of enemy of the state. He supports insurrection and the overthrow of the will of the people. What do we do with these people? 

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Is this just doom casting or is there a single thing anyone can point to that he would not support it?

He seems to give deference to POTUS (so far) - he confirmed 2 of Trump's 3 (but not ACB because it he said it was way too fucking close to the election) and he was adamant the Senate should have done its job for Garland in 2016.  He was not in the Senate for either Sotomayor or Kagan's nominations. 

Yea I don't have any evidence, but I do think it's a real possibility. He ended up not voting for a bill he originally co-sponsored so I have little faith in him. Then again I'm about as cynical as they come these days

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Yea I don't have any evidence, but I do think it's a real possibility. He ended up not voting for a bill he originally co-sponsored so I have little faith in him. Then again I'm about as cynical as they come these days

I wish there had been a vote.

49 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Like RBG, the Democrats will pretend we live in a decent world, and let Breyer retire on his own time, and will get gutted by Mitch. 

That's kind of what retirement means, though.  Not like Biden can fire him from SCOTUS.  A very public bitchfest by Dems might just have the opposite effect on him.  

Dems are probably having behind the scenes discussions with him about it, including Biden.  We are slowly approaching that time when they usually announce retirements (late June/early July).  The last conference day of this term is June 24. 

Edited by Js1

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

That's kind of what retirement means, though.  Not like Biden can fire him from SCOTUS.  A very public bitchfest by Dems might just have the opposite effect on him.  

Dems are probably having behind the scenes discussions with him about it, including Biden.  We are slowly approaching that time when they usually announce retirements (late June/early July).  The last conference day of this term is June 24. 

If the Dems were competent, they could use it to drive up Dem voter turnout next year.

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

If the Dems were competent, they could use it to drive up Dem voter turnout next year.

It could also backfire - nothing fires up GOP voters like a SCOTUS vacancy (except maybe Hillary on the ballot).  Dems need this seat filled in 2021 so the Republicans can't use it for voter turnout in 2022. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

lulz

Schumer made a "being in the majority has its perk" joke.

Also would be a hilarious meme for the Georgia runoffs - McConnell walking to the podium and Schumer swooping in last minute as Maj Leader thanks to VP Harris. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Now if we could just get a reporter to get McConnell to address those statements in the context of Trump's consistently repeated claims to the contrary. I don't give a fuck if he calls out that worthless cunt Ronna McDaniel. Somehow you never see a reporter putting these guys on the spot. Its a simple follow-up question, but somehow nobody asks it. 

"Senator McConnell, you are on record as stating that January 6th was a violent insurrection intended to overturn a legitimately certified election. Donald Trump repeatedly declares with  no evidence that the election was stolen and even today is escalating his attempts to delegitimize the Biden administration and overturn the election. Why do you continue to take it in the ass from President Trump?" 

• Like 1