Top 50 Party Schools

Vic Mackey

2 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

If ISU is a small school there are like 10-15 big ones in the country. It’s the 2nd largest school in the conference currently.

There’s always something downstream I guess.

Gotcha. I wasn’t talking about student population as y’all were I guess. More in stature.

“ISU is still big, it’s the BigXII that got small”

Edited by TurkeyChew

6 minutes ago, TurkeyChew said:

Gotcha. I wasn’t talking about student population as y’all were I guess. More in stature.

“ISU is still big, it’s the BigXII that got small”

There's a level of amenities that come with having large student populations and P5 sports.  The campus experience at ISU and UT is going to be more similar in a lot of facets than the campus experience between UT and Texas State or ISU and Northern Iowa as a result.  Even the future Big 12 meets this criteria.  A little Googling and quick math shows that the P5 account for less than 2% of all post-secondary institutions in the US.  That's pretty select company.

You're wading into some sort of amorphous cultural prestige debate it seems.

There are very few universities in larger cities that maintain the "college" feel.  I'd argue it's really just UT, Wisconsin, and Ohio State.  Most colleges in big cities really fade into the background.  

Edited by Al_4_ISU

4 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

If ISU is a small school there are like 10-15 big ones in the country. It’s the 2nd largest school in the conference currently.

There’s always something downstream I guess.

I had no idea Iowa State had ~35k students.  My best guess would have been 10-15k.

@Al_4_ISU My childhood friends and I go to a new college campus for a football game every year.  Given we plan these out 2-3 years in advance, would an Iowa game be our best bet to get the best Ames gameday experience?  

I had no idea Iowa State had ~35k students.  My best guess would have been 10-15k.
[mention=1238]Al_4_ISU[/mention] My childhood friends and I go to a new college campus for a football game every year.  Given we plan these out 2-3 years in advance, would an Iowa game be our best bet to get the best Ames gameday experience?  

That’s definitely the rowdiest and wildest game. It’s usually hot as hell outside (103 in the stadium last year) and co-Ed’s will be wearing very little. The CyHawk game is the state of Iowa’s Mardi Gras regardless of location, and there is always tons of the other school’s fans in town for that weekend.

The most purely ISU experience would probably the Big 12 home opener. Late September/early October is fantastic weather in Iowa, and you won’t have a bunch of Hawkeye fans around. If it’s Farmageddon you will get the rivalry vibe too.
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, ulukinatme said:

A Texas 3, but a 10 for Ohio.

A Texas man adds points to anyone or anything just because they’re from Texas. It’s a strange psychology. From my observation, they’ll fuck anything that moves. And they hate every other one of the 47 contiguous states, and also most of the parts of Texas where they’re not from, other than Austin. Some even lament over how Austin isn’t what it used to be.

The drooling over skanks is on public display. We all see it. No reasonable person takes your “seen better on campus” comments seriously. We know you’re hardly objective. And we have eyes. 

On 4/2/2022 at 7:16 AM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

The old drunk Buckeye strikes again. Typing essays because his life hasn’t progressed from the early ‘80s. 

I think you’re a fucking moron. Let’s entertain your hypothesis that I’m an old drunk (like that’s a bad thing). But assuming that’s true, when I wake up in the morning I’ll be sober. You’ll still be a fucking moron.