Ok, we need an Oscar thread after that Will Smith/Chris Rock moment

BrickHorn

Just now, StruggleBus said:

Lobo is challenged. He can't help himself. 

All the crazy conspiracy shit, all the Scientology talk foR page after page, and one wisecrack detailed it for you?  

if you wanted to get to the bottom of all this, ask why will smith so conveniently happened to be seated right in a beeline to Chris Rock?   This goes all the way to the top.  Including a Mister Ronan Sinatra! ;)  

jokes dude, I’m already seeing Scientology and big pharma reasons for Will’s behavior.  Thought I’d jump in the stupid pool and check out the water.  

Will Smith is broken. He is obviously in a lot of pain and has been for quite some time. The Jada, open marriage, etc. clearly isn't working for him though he's desperate to make it work, and he's acting out and crying out in pain and projecting his hurt on to Chris Rock for a basic Oscar joke. 

Showbiz and the amount of scrutiny and media and attention can break you.

Man, even his "keep my wife's name outcho f'in mouth!" you could hear the deep pain that goes beyond one joke. They were the welps of a hurt dog, trying to sound tough in the face of a world that keeps him in pain. 

Just maximum cringe all the way around; good on Chris Rock for not putting his finger into the wound there because he could have completely shattered this guy.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

No wonder these idiots think they are infinitely more relevant than they should be. Dancing around to own his shitty music, while everyone starts filming it like they are witnessing the birth of jesus, while off to the left there was a line forming to sniff his farts. 

Hollywood big shot trending world wide while having the entire country talk about him for live TV assault would normally act like this, huh @mdmost

But to you, everyone who doesn’t see it your way is a conspiracy pedaling moron.
  • Hook 'Em 1

If Big Studio doesn’t get Harvey Weinstein out on a weekend furlough next year to make a joke about this at next year’s awards, they deserve their irrelevancy.  

1 minute ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Hollywood big shot trending world wide while having the entire country talk about him for live TV assault would normally act like this, huh @mdmost

But to you, everyone who doesn’t see it your way is a conspiracy pedaling moron.

Yes, they would. He's a rich actor who lives in a totally different world than you or I would ever know. A world of after parties and not having to face consequences. The only way he's not at an afterparty is if he was led away in handcuffs. And I'd imagine someone else played the song and people egged him to dance to it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Lobo said:

All the crazy conspiracy shit, all the Scientology talk foR page after page, and one wisecrack detailed it for you?  

if you wanted to get to the bottom of all this, ask why will smith so conveniently happened to be seated right in a beeline to Chris Rock?   This goes all the way to the top.  Including a Mister Ronan Sinatra! ;)  

jokes dude, I’m already seeing Scientology and big pharma reasons for Will’s behavior.  Thought I’d jump in the stupid pool and check out the water.  

You're a slightly more lucid version of Mr. Phlegm at this point. So muledick

• Haha 6

Just now, mdmost said:

Yes, they would. He's a rich actor who lives in a totally different world than you or I would ever know. A world of after parties and not having to face consequences. The only way he's not at an afterparty is if he was led away in handcuffs. And I'd imagine someone else played the song and people egged him to dance to it. 

seriously, you or i do that in a bar or a pub, we are going in bracelets. 

• Haha 1

You just pick really really specific posts to get pissy about after pages and pages of serious comments to the same effect.  I was more saying in my head in billymadison’s voice when he asked his dad if the penguin told him to do this.  
not even this website can find a way to politicize this Smith rock incident.   I’m just here to crack some jokes about it.  I’ve got a doozy of one that’s really gonna piss off Rage-a-holic.  Which isn’t saying much. 

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

You’ve got to stop engaging with that fucking clown.

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, davidg said:

Mel Gibson down on the bottom row thinking to himself: Alright, I'm not the crazy one anymore.

The Rock is thinking that no one is going to buy this angle.  Needs a better build.

And lulz that Gosling is laughing.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

I believe you’re right. He can act like this because he knew he’d get away with it while coming out being the most talked about person in the entire world right now-step aside putin.

IF it’s perhaps true and rock is able to withstand a slap from smith being unfazed even though he’s clearly prepping for some sort of contact while smith walks towards him…he’s a tough SOB since I know most everybody would have to run their face.

I dunno, man.. I dunno. Would seem like tin foily if it happened somewhere else -like the after party- and not on live TV for everybody to talk about the next day. Or else nobody here would be even thinking about will or Chris.

Basically, the slap broke the 4th wall. Carefully scripted bits. Beautiful outfits. Blah blah blah…make believe lives on display. The Oscars needed a slap. Show clips of the damn movies. We know they don’t give a fuck that the show runs over because advertising. Just show the clips. 

I missed the whole production last night. But was able to see Gaga/Liza and was thrilled about CODA. That’s cool. Will smith is one strange mofo. But the Oscars/Academy needed a slap across their collective faces. Jmo. Carry on…

2 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

This is laughable, like most of his hot takez, on several levels.  Manny is quite serious in this tweet, though.

seriously, you just slapped a man. i cannot imagine a situation where i'm slapping another dude. i can imagine fighting, i guess, though my bitch ass would tend to avoid actual physical fighting. 

but if you are going up there to confront the man, have the courtesy of making a fist. jesus christ.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Look at the posters suggesting that it's staged. There's a common theme. We can't even unite and clown on the Fresh Prince melting down on national television; there always has to be a political undercurrent and/or conspiracy at play.

Yeah after reading a bit and talking to people about it, yes there is definitely a common theme amongst the slap truthers. 

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

All parties. For what? We’re talking about something we’d normally have no business talking about.

you think this was an attempt to generate buzz?  will smith was finally about to win an oscar.  you think he seriously thought "hm, no one's going to talk about my oscar, let's find a way to sensationalize this event.  i know i'll pretend to assault a smaller man on international television.  oh and i'll tell him not to punch back." 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

seriously, you just slapped a man. i cannot imagine a situation where i'm slapping another dude. i can imagine fighting, i guess, though my bitch ass would tend to avoid actual physical fighting. 

but if you are going up there to confront the man, have the courtesy of making a fist. jesus christ.

I would slap you but only with one of my white gloves and then challenge you to a duel. 

5 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

you think this was an attempt to generate buzz?  will smith was finally about to win an oscar.  you think he seriously thought "hm, no one's going to talk about my oscar, let's find a way to sensationalize this event.  i know i'll pretend to assault a smaller man on international television.  oh and i'll tell him not to punch back." 

I give zero shits about the Oscars. Didn’t know is was this weekend, or that he was nominated, or that he never won one, don’t even know the movie he was in for the nomination. But I sure as shit know now, lol. Because it’s everywhere. I doubt it was staged but who knows, I think there are tons of people like me who would not know of these awards otherwise. It has definitively increased attention by a factor of about eleventy billion. Either way, it’s hilarious.

Edited by 'stache

Yes. Will smith slapping someone before he wins trends more for talking shows world wide than winning an Oscar. Do you think more or less people are going to watch his Oscar winning performance who otherwise wouldn’t have because they don’t pay attention to this shit?

I think every July 4th I see more will smith mentions than anything else he’s done.

Hilarious that everyone is acting like she has some exotic tragic disease when alopecia is literally baldness. 

It's probably the 2724th harshest joke made at the Oscars, so yeah, just an absurd overreaction. The equivalent of physically attacking a fan from another team for yelling "nice play!" next to you when they score. 

• Hook 'Em 3

29 minutes ago, TurkeyChew said:

Will Smith is broken. He is obviously in a lot of pain and has been for quite some time. The Jada, open marriage, etc. clearly isn't working for him though he's desperate to make it work, and he's acting out and crying out in pain and projecting his hurt on to Chris Rock for a basic Oscar joke. 

Showbiz and the amount of scrutiny and media and attention can break you.

Man, even his "keep my wife's name outcho f'in mouth!" you could hear the deep pain that goes beyond one joke. They were the welps of a hurt dog, trying to sound tough in the face of a world that keeps him in pain. 

Just maximum cringe all the way around; good on Chris Rock for not putting his finger into the wound there because he could have completely shattered this guy.

You know, putting two and two together, the Scientologists supposedly snagged Tom Cruise and Travolta because they (allegedly) had a way to "cure" gayness. Given that, and the open marriage stuff... 

Just a thought, ya know

The Will Smith punch was great for the Academy because it will serve as a distraction from the Harvey Weinstein jokes plus the bits about fondling male presenters and doing backstage "deep cavity searches" with Wanda Sykes tongue. Me Too movement is over! Hollywood is back, baby! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HRSchenker said:

The Will Smith punch was great for the Academy because it will serve as a distraction from the Harvey Weinstein jokes plus the bits about fondling male presenters and doing backstage "deep cavity searches" with Wanda Sykes tongue. Me Too movement is over! Hollywood is back, baby! 

First, it was a slap and not a punch. Second, that was Regina Hall and not Wanda Sykes but we get it that you think they all look alike.

Edited by mdmost
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

Hilarious that everyone is acting like she has some exotic tragic disease when alopecia is literally baldness. 

It's probably the 2724th harshest joke made at the Oscars, so yeah, just an absurd overreaction. The equivalent of physically attacking a fan from another team for yelling "nice play!" next to you when they score. 

YJ4VRV327H72WQZWCVITNCLGAE.gif

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

Yeah, when they take "bald" jokes off the comedians plate, what's next, no more "short" jokes?

I'm just trying to figure out how no security personnel even moved during this whole thing. It was pretty tense/awkward for a bit you would think they would have at least made an appearance.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

First, it was a slap and not a punch. Second, that was Regina Hall and not Wanda Sykes but we get it that you think they all look alike.

All 3 hosts did the bit at least once during the broadcast but yeah go ahead and stretch for that outrage