2022 National Championship - UNC vs. Kansas

1 minute ago, shadow_operative said:

that elbow looked pretty serious. i'll be very surprised if Manek doesn't struggle to hit shots, or even just match the tempo of the game. that elbow really stunned him for a bit there. 

Looked like he was having trouble focusing his eyes which is concussion red flag.

Carolina has always been one of my most hated teams, but I like this group. Hubert Davis seems like a good dude and they don’t have the typical annoying shithead on their team like in the past. Well other than the Okie. Fuck him. 

Plus they sent Coach K packing.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

UNC is defending really well. they're neutralizing KU's dribble drive and keeping everything away from the basket, forcing them to take late shot clock jumpers. Agbaji has been too deferential to this point, he needs to look for/create his own shot. KU can't be beat when he's on. 

Combine this with just straight up nerves for Nawf early on.  I think they’ve settled in really well. 

3 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Carolina has always been one of my most hated teams, but I like this group. Hubert Davis seems like a good dude and they don’t have the typical annoying shithead on their team like in the past. Well other than the Okie. Fuck him. 

I’ve always liked Nawf Carolina and hated Duke. I always thought UNC reminded me of Texas and duke was always aggy like.  Same reason I prefer Michigan over Ohio State.

• Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Basketball is a lot more fun to watch when teams take quick shots.  These teams aren’t even shooting a good percentage (they were 8/23 and 7/23 a minute ago) but just having action back and forth instead of people standing around while they “get into their sets” makes it so more much engaging.

They should go to a 24 second shot clock.  

and- make the court slightly bigger, then move the three point line back a bit. we currently have the biggest players ever, the best athletes ever, and the best shooters ever. it's a golden age for basketball talent. space and pace should be emphasized. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

They should go to a 24 second shot clock.  

Women will vote on going to a 24 second clock this year.  

Unfortunately, this is not one of the proposed rule changes for Men this year, I don’t believe.  As I’ve said before, Men’s college basketball is always the last to change because “turdition.”  Every other level is starting to mirror each other (NBA, W, FIBA, WBB)