2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

BOOOOOOOOOOO!  BOOOOOOOOO!  

Good for Marwin though.

Spoiler

Marwin makes OD roster; Schmidt top rookie

TAMPA -- Manager Aaron Boone announced that the Yankees will break camp with 16 pitchers and 12 positional players when they open the regular season against the Red Sox at Yankee Stadium on Friday.

Marwin Gonzalez will be part of the three-man bench after hitting .375 (9-for-24) with three home runs and 10 RBIs this spring. However, his ability to play several positions in the field will be even more useful to the Yankees early in the season than his bat.

"Having Marwin's flexibility does allow us to give a guy a day [off] in those first 10 days as we build up the position players as well," Boone said.

Boone feels comfortable going with a short bench early in the season and believes it's necessary to protect the pitching staff as they continue to build up their arms.

"It's not much different than what we do a lot during the season at times," he said. "Obviously Marwin's versatility gives us pretty good coverage everywhere."

Gonzalez will be added to the 40-man roster pending a corresponding move before Thursday.

1 hour ago, Planet Houston said:

Marwin and Beltran repping the Yankees, Cora repping the Sox, Springer the Jays. Sale coming out and saying for sure other teams were doing the same thing. Yet it will be only the Astros and the likes of Jeremy Peña who will continue to get booed. 

Fuck the haters. We will feast on the tears of the AL East and the rest of MLB. 

lot of talent out the door, and we’re still making World Series runs !!!

• Hook 'Em 1

Bitch and complain all you want, but crane and his team have managed this run brilliantly. The cubs had a hell of a core for their 2016 title and did jack shit it going forward, made every wrong move and didn’t have the farm system producing. 

Yordan and Tucker, I think one takes a bregman like extension and one doesn’t. Maybe both say pass. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Scraps said:

Yeah what are we down to 5 guys from that team now?  

Can't wait to hear the clueless Dback fans when I go there next week.  

"Booo Yordan cheater trash can banger booo chortle chortle fap fap fap" 

Bregman, Altuve, Yuli, LMJ, JV

Astros still have to make a 40 man roster move to make room for Blanco. Baez dfa’d would be my preference but that ain’t happening yet. I hope it’s not LMJ to the 60 day IL. I don’t know enough about the fringe minor leaguers to predict or prefer. 

32 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Yordan and Tucker, I think one takes a bregman like extension and one doesn’t. Maybe both say pass. 

I hope/suspect the Cuban pipeline and focus that this organization has will be a big plus for retaining Yordan. Hopefully Yuli stays on as an ambassador or even scout after his playing days. 

If Tucker replicates his second half for a season plus more, he’d be silly to sign a team-friendly extension. 

overall, the concession experience at mmp sucks. The lines are too long and the concourse is too small. The bathroom lines are also way too long. 

https://houston.eater.com/23010231/houston-minute-maid-park-astros-baseball-new-food-where-to-eat

• The stadium is also getting more tech-savvy. The Bartesian cocktail machine will be available in suites and on mobile bar carts to provide cocktails in less than 30 seconds. The park has also created an ordering system where fans can place their food requests from the stadium using UberEats or self-order kiosks.

7 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

Beer prices during the college classic were absurd. Not looking forward to seeing what they're charging at MMP this year. I always made fun of my cheap Dad for being horrified at stadium prices, but I'm starting to understand where he was coming from.

default-large.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Scraps said:

When i was a kid it would blow my kind that dumbfucks would buy $8 beer....now I am one of the dumbfucks who buys $15 beer

At least the selection is a lot better with much higher ROI considering the abv of Art Car IPA

35 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

Beer prices during the college classic were absurd. Not looking forward to seeing what they're charging at MMP this year. I always made fun of my cheap Dad for being horrified at stadium prices, but I'm starting to understand where he was coming from.

Prob exactly the same.

With the glove work lilshep turned in last weekend, he might be in line as next SS. Dude was on fire. Between glove work at 2nd, throwing people out stealing at catcher, closing out games, kid is defensive game changer.

Lets go Astros !!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 5

8 minutes ago, Jshep34 said:

With the glove work lilshep turned in last weekend, he might be in line as next SS. Dude was on fire. Between glove work at 2nd, throwing people out stealing at catcher, closing out games, kid is defensive game changer.

Lets go Astros !!!

get him out from behind the plate. Arm looks 🔥🔥

• Like 1

get him out from behind the plate. Arm looks
His coach has been trying to challenge him so he doesn't get bored. Put him at catcher, called for pitch out when he recognized batter was going to bunt runner over to 3rd, then threw runner out at 3rd. He doesnt throw the fastest but he can put the ball almost wherever he wants.

4 minutes ago, Jshep34 said:

His coach has been trying to challenge him so he doesn't get bored. Put him at catcher, called for pitch out when he recognized batter was going to bunt runner over to 3rd, then threw runner out at 3rd. He doesnt throw the fastest but he can put the ball almost wherever he wants.

Have you already got your NIL deal in place with the Horns? 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

get him out from behind the plate. Arm looks 🔥🔥

It’s good for a young player to take a stint at catcher. It’s a leadership position, helps with understanding of pitching and general strategy. There’s a reason that there are always more catchers than any other position serving as MLB managers. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Starfleet Command said:

I think the Pressly deal is a fair deal but ultimately extending Tucker/Alvarez is much more important.  These are MVP caliber talents. Why did this extension happen first?  

They’re both under team control for four more years. We can wait.

• Like 1

is there a bandit stream of AAA baseball ?

also, im a little worried. i stream using the sports southwest app, with a log in and all the spring training games came up as 'not offered' in your area. the directtv account is in San Antonio, I'm in Houston. If they changed up the rules, I'm fuuuuuuuuuuucked

• Hook 'Em 1