2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

5 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Hopefully that’s dubon. I don’t see Meyer making an impact this year, that’s a long time to be out. I also don’t remember his speed, I don’t think he’s faster than Siri. Siri will be pinch runner extreme in the playoffs 

He has very good speed. One of the best on the team, which is another reason they traded Straw

Siri has been a better player than McCormick so far this season.  Not saying we should expect that to be the case over the long haul, but it would not shock me if McCormick was optioned instead of Siri once Meyers get back.  Dubon is out of options so if they want to add a position player then Siri and McCormick are the only players other than Pena who can be optioned.

59 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Hopefully that’s dubon. I don’t see Meyer making an impact this year, that’s a long time to be out. I also don’t remember his speed, I don’t think he’s faster than Siri. Siri will be pinch runner extreme in the playoffs 

Siri, Meyers, and McCormick are likely 3 of fastest players on the team, probably Pena is that group as well. But really Leon is the future, Siri is a really good 4th OF, and Dubon gives you some depth and flexibility.

Meyers and McCormick should be used to get a real LHP in the bullpen, maybe 2.

25 minutes ago, slorch said:

Getting hockey territory with regard to injury disclosures...

Sure they're not obligated, but just fucking say, "We're not going to discuss it."

I’ve always wondered, how do we compare to other teams on this?

I don’t follow anyone else close enough to know if Astros fans’ perceived coddling and “all is fine…but you still won’t see [player x] for two months” is as bad as it gets or MLB normal MO.

it’s spanned two regimes (Luhnow/Hinch, now Click/Baker) so leaning more to the latter.

39 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

I’ve always wondered, how do we compare to other teams on this?

I don’t follow anyone else close enough to know if Astros fans’ perceived coddling and “all is fine…but you still won’t see [player x] for two months” is as bad as it gets or MLB normal MO.

it’s spanned two regimes (Luhnow/Hinch, now Click/Baker) so leaning more to the latter.

For the Astros, it really took a step change with Luhnow/Hinch.  Maybe the rest of the league has caught up or maybe the Astros were more open than most back then.

• Hook 'Em 1

That’s either a good thing, meaning Goodrum could be gone. Or a very bad thing, meaning Peña and/or Altuve will be out for an extended period. Unfortunately, I’m leaning towards the latter. 

Been watching Dubon for quite some time he’s a hell of a ball player.

13 minutes ago, BrickTop said:

Also the giants have lots of guys like Dubon, multi role versatile bench players and while he’s not a slugger he definitely has some power in his bat…..and he’s fast.

Yeah click on Sunday GM show saying both teams trading from a position of strength

also that Peña is fine. Available to PH yesterday, but woke up this morning still sore/not right so sitting him out again.

Whitley is throwing live BP. They’ll be discussing him starting rehab at low level minors soon.

• Hook 'Em 2

Yeah click on Sunday GM show saying both teams trading from a position of strength

also that Peña is fine. Available to PH yesterday, but woke up this morning still sore/not right so sitting him out again.

Whitley is throwing live BP. They’ll be discussing him starting rehab at low level minors soon.

Wilmer Flores and Thairo Estrada would be great gets for any team as well, more Flores, he should be starting somewhere

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

Siri, Meyers, and McCormick are likely 3 of fastest players on the team, probably Pena is that group as well. But really Leon is the future, Siri is a really good 4th OF, and Dubon gives you some depth and flexibility.

Meyers and McCormick should be used to get a real LHP in the bullpen, maybe 2.

Hold on- you want to trade a 2 or 3 WAR CF, or potentially a 4 WAR CF for a left handed bullpen arm? 

5 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Hold on- you want to trade a 2 or 3 WAR CF, or potentially a 4 WAR CF for a left handed bullpen arm? 

If it means a championship, fuck yes. Meyers and McCormick are not better than Leon. We traded Teoscar Hernandez for Francisco Liriano.

Edited by HtownHorn

1 minute ago, UTexasFight said:

What’s most shocking, is Angel has gotten everyone right…which scares me

That pitch to uncle Mike that he called a ball that was almost middle middle was as bad a call as you will see all year. Just didn’t matter bc he got

got anyway. 

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

That pitch to uncle Mike that he called a ball that was almost middle middle was as bad a call as you will see all year. Just didn’t matter bc he got

got anyway. 

Yeah, only talking about bottom of the inning

i didn’t see the first half 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, UTexasFight said:

Yeah, only talking about bottom of the inning

i didn’t see the first half 

It was brutally bad. Blum was like- hope that’s just a gift for uncle Mike on his birthday and not what we can expect from Angel today with his strike zone for the rest of the day.