2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Might be appropriate to give Enoli another look in middle relief at some point relatively soon.

22 K’s in 16 IP thus far, with a 0.56 ERA and a 1.13 WHIP is pretty damn salty.

I know his nerves/mental issues immediately became evident once the fans returned to ballparks, but I don’t think he should be permanently condemned.

If I was GM of a shitty team I would be all about trying to “buy low” on him via trade and rolling the dice knowing upside potential is massive.

EDIT: Dug deeper and he’s still at 5.5 BB/9 so far this season…dammit Enoli

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Who was that guy with Ford? Ver solid, professional, checked all the boxes in theory, but boring AF.

29 minutes ago, Scraps said:

voice of the Space Cowboys Gerald Sanchez

I thought it was Kevin Eschenfelder. But I agree. I think Ford is great, but the broadcast takes a hit when Sparky is out. Still better than Mike Stanton though. 

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

I thought it was Kevin Eschenfelder. But I agree. I think Ford is great, but the broadcast takes a hit when Sparky is out. Still better than Mike Stanton though. 

Actually I think you are correct.  It was Esch....Dirty Sanchez was just in the building and stopped by the booth.  Thought he got the call up for a minute 

Edited by Scraps

2 hours ago, Scraps said:

voice of the Space Cowboys Gerald Sanchez

I went to high school with that dude. We had a little morning news program in our high school that we produced and broadcast closed circuit. It was pretty cool. Gerald and Ernie Zuniga, now one of the anchors on the Fox affiliate in San Antonio, really got started there.

• Hook 'Em 1

https://sportstalk790.iheart.com/featured/what-s-on-matt-s-mind/content/2022-05-24-astros-manager-dusty-baker-talks-alex-bregman-offense-numbers-being-down/?fs=e&s=cl

good listen, dusty talking Nolan Ryan and JR 

talks about the coaches being tired, keeping the guys up to finish strong 

Edited by tx 3 putt

53 minutes ago, WBT said:

Anyone else going to see Facing Nolan tonight?  I'd probably rather watch the game and wait for it to hit streaming but my dad wanted to go.

Heard about too late

only tickets left for the place in austin when I looked last night was first/second row

look forward to a review