2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Josh Fields everybody. 
if we sign him to an extension I think that trade could replace Bagwell for Anderson as our all timer. Anderson was at least very good for them down the stretch I believe. 

Yep. 338 ERA+ and a 1.08 FIP in 22 IP after the trade. Not sure about the other part. Bagwell was one the best 1B of all time, Alvarez has a ways to go before he reaches that neighborhood.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I just can't fathom being able to hit it that far.

Yep. And he doesn't even look like he's trying to swing hard at all. It really is amazing. One of the best power swings I've ever seen. Maybe the best. 

And I feel like he's just getting started & will get better & better.

3 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

At his best Meyers is a 4 OF. Given the many holes in the lineup, he's not what this team needs. They need an AS level bat in CF, because they overestimated the production from Gurriel and Bregman.

It would be awesome to have a 5-tool player in CF but I think because of MMP it's more important to prioritize outfield D; you need range, range and more range, or your team ERA swells by a full run.

Make up for lost O with a platoon-mate for Gurriel or at DH. 

Edited by MaybeACoordinator
  • Hook 'Em 1