2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

Y’all are missing Cortes this time around so you may steal a game, but that’ll be it. 

montgomery pitched tonight. do you know how a 5 man rotation works?

cortes pitched yesterday, he gave up 4er in 4ip. he’s slotted for sunday so no, we prob won’t steal a game. 

Being at home, and with how both teams have played to this point, the Yankees SHOULD be able to eke out a series win. A split or Astros series win would at least temporarily shatter NY's aura of invincibility, though I'm sure the media would still spin it otherwise. 

Let's start off win a nice win over the Bombers tonight and see how the headlines read. Maybe a first-AB Cuban missile to set the tone? 

• Hook 'Em 1

56 minutes ago, kevwun said:

How big is analytics in soccer?  Everything I know about the sport comes from Ted Lasso.

Morey and Luhnow both believe that soccer is played in a completely and totally suboptimal way and is just begging to be money balled.
the changes they’d make would make the game much uglier by all accounts so all the hard liners are resisting the change. 
there’s already a ton of analytics in soccer, but by all accounts how the game is played strategically is probably wrong. 
2nd division club in Spain would be a perfect testing ground for any theories associated with that.  

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Morey and Luhnow both believe that soccer is played in a completely and totally suboptimal way and is just begging to be money balled.

I find it amusing not to mention arrogant that a couple of American sports executives think they can teach the  Europeans and South Americans the optimal way to play soccer. They’ve been watching too much Ted Lasso. 

18 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

I find it amusing not to mention arrogant that a couple of American sports executives think they can teach the  Europeans and South Americans the optimal way to play soccer. They’ve been watching too much Ted Lasso. 

We will see. I’m betting on Luhnow. I think (but not positive) Beene was interested in soccer for the same reason. 

14 hours ago, Helobious said:

Chapman never came close to the franchise consecutive scoreless inning streak. Holmes already broke that this season. He’s a different animal. Y’all are missing Cortes this time around so you may steal a game, but that’ll be it. 

Brb going to lay a mil on the Astros to sweep

15 hours ago, Helobious said:

Chapman never came close to the franchise consecutive scoreless inning streak. Holmes already broke that this season. He’s a different animal. Y’all are missing Cortes this time around so you may steal a game, but that’ll be it. 

Not only did you get the Cortes start wrong but also what record Holmes broke. He has the Yankee record for most scoreless appearances at 29 games, not innings pitched.  BTW Do you know who has the MLB record for scoreless appearances? Ryan Pressly with 40 straight games. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Gourmand said:

I think Siri's speed and defense is too valuable right now for this roster to be optioned back to AAA.

you have a good time at the game yesterday? 

I’m a little dubious on the idea that we need Siri as we’ve got an 11 game lead, so arguably nothing matters and you can do whatever you want. 
He’s an auto include on the playoff roster though.

Honestly, as long as we are a playoff team and he has options he should be chilling in Sugarland waiting for an injury and then September/October.

Conversely, with that 11 game lead we can certainly afford to carry him in the active roster if we want to do that too  

if we are activating Jake and keeping SIRI up I’d be fine with sending Chaz down to play first base for about a month straight to see how well he can do with that to add to his versatility while we are just killing time trying to stay healthy and locked into the 2 seed and our buy