2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 minute ago, Gut Wagon said:

Here in the post-COVID era, I'm pretty sure one of the rule changes was that your 4-5 hitters also can bat 8-9 if you wish. Somebody will have to show me otherwise.  

And if they come back up again while they are on base ghost runners are totally cool. 

5 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Wulaw’s lofty hopes and dreams for Meyers are being crushed

Nope. I think he’s going to have a 750 ops and play good CF defense. You know, basically what he did last year. This would be a godsend for an 8th spot hitter but I don’t think it’s overly lofty. 
I won’t draw any judgments about him until the all star break. 

7 minutes ago, Tommy Nobis said:

Did Jake get any AAA at bats in rehab? He looks fucking terrible

He wasn’t good for most of his rehab assignment until his last game there when he went 4x4 with 2 HR. 
I doubt he was ready to be back, but his 20 days were up so they had to do something with him.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, tx 3 putt said:

Except for that fly ball tonight that he horribly misread 

He played good defense last year. I said that’s my expectation for him- to be a positive defensive player and a little above average hitter. It’s June 24th and he’s playing his first MLB game of the year and he doesn’t have a huge MLB career to fall back on. I strongly suspect he will be fine when he gets his sea legs back under him. We are 10 games clear in the division. It’s not big deal if it takes a little while to fold him back into the team. 
If he keeps putting up outings like this for the next 6 weeks then send him down, trade for a stopgap and tell him best of luck next year in Spring Training.