2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Just now, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

NYY no hit only twice since 1958 and Houston each time! Wow, wow wow.  When was the last time you personally witnessed a Stros no hitter?  I remember 1 or 2 from Nolan. 

This was damn special , savor it. 

no hit.JPG

Verlander threw one on my birthday 3 years ago but I was watching it at Pluckers

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Not a legitimate no hitter obviously but that shit still really fucking sucked.

The current Major League Baseball definition, since 1991, of a no-hitter is "a game in which a pitcher, or pitchers, gives up no hits while pitching at least nine innings. A pitcher may give up a run or runs so long as he pitches nine innings or more and does not give up a hit."

Nathan Fillion gif

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

NYY no hit only twice since 1958 and Houston each time! Wow, wow wow.  When was the last time you personally witnessed a Stros no hitter?  I remember 1 or 2 from Nolan. 

no hit.JPG

I was at Ryan’s 5th no hitter. Sept 26, 1981. 

Edited by cabowabo

3 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

What he was doing in AAA. He's not an everyday MLB player, but today who gives a fuck.

Based on what? He’s not super young but he’s young ish, played decent defense in CF last year and had a 750 OPS. That’s not only an MLB caliber player it’s a plus one at that. He’s got very little experience so who knows what his true level is. He had 4 good AB’s today. The K on the 2-2 pitch in his 3rd AB was an absurdly bad call by blue. But he laid off a nasty pitch earlier in the count that was good identification and control.  

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

no hit.JPG

I’ve missed seeing one by a game twice.

went to Astros /giants June 2012 a night before Cain threw his perfecto against us.

going to astros/yanks tomorrow

as close as I’ve been to seeing one 

3 minutes ago, rvm96 said:

Verlander threw one on my birthday 3 years ago but I was watching it at Pluckers

Before that was another combined in Aaron Sanchez's only? Astros start.  Chuckles got an inning in that one.

And before that was Fiers against the Dodgers, lulz

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Helobious said:

So much for all that “they don’t hang banners in June” talk I guess.

Gosh, you're so right. What are we thinking, celebrating a 3-pitcher combined no-hitter against a team who's only been no-hit twice in the last 65 years?

Edited by wood

2 minutes ago, wood said:

Only the 18th combined no-hitter in MLB's long history. Baseball is so fucking amazing.

Combined no-hitters will eventually be more common than solo no-hitters. Pitchers get yanked pretty quickly after 100 pitches these days because managers want to protect their starting rotations.

14 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Go ahead and win 120 you fucking shit heads. The road to the WS still runs through Houston and has for the better part of the last decade. 

The only way that happens is they only have to play the Astros 7 times in the regular season. We had dueling no-hitters until something called Matijevic turned around a hundy into a double decker.

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

54 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Not a legitimate no hitter obviously but that shit still really fucking sucked.

Looks at boxscore  for the Yankees in hits column...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTujbqYEC16A5S8XCBCtzt