2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

23 hours ago, Intercourse With Gray said:

Yankees need to realize they haven't been to a WS in over a decade. We have been to 3 of the last 5 and consistently send the Yankees home in the playoffs these recent years. Maybe shit talking isn't the best thing when you are playing the team that has owned you in October for 5 years. Fuck the Yankees. 

I'm going to quote my post from last night to reiterate after what happened today: fuck the Yankees

40 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

There’s a way to use the 6 man rotation, and have Verlander go every 5 days right? 

I’d say Verlander, LMJ, Javier, and Framber (no head case) is the playoff rotation. 

I think Javier would provide a lot more value as a multi inning reliever in the postseason but I could be wrong.

8 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

He’s horrible. I listened to their broadcast game 1 (probably why we lost). He said 100% the Astros title is tainted. Fuck that douche  

I was a big fan of Beltran when he was playing for the Astros, both times

If he said the Astros’ title was tainted, he is a hypocrite and a piece of shit, taking no responsibility.

He is the one that instigated all of the bullshit, and everyone knows it.

Unbelievable how the New York press gives him a pass, with no blowback.

Edit to say: I didn’t hear what he said, maybe he took responsibility. But I doubt it.

Edited by Victor Lazlo
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Both Siri and Chas getting optioned back to Sugar Land in the same week says a lot about Jake Meyers. 

It says  “let’s see if Meyers is a real big league starter before the trade deadline”

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Hook 'Em 3

44 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Both Siri and Chas getting optioned back to Sugar Land in the same week says a lot about Jake Meyers. 

I know the FO really likes Jake. 

40 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

It says  “let’s see if Meyers is a real big league starter before the trade deadline”

I feel like Dusty is a Jake skeptic. To Me I think, like trading Straw, this is the organizations way of making sure that Meyers gets to play every day (ish) before the trade deadline to see where they are at. They want Jake to be the full on every day guy, or prove that he’s not, imo. 

13 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Didn’t see that coming 

Yeah- this is a real surprise to me too. JJ can play first and Chaz can’t, that’s got to be the only deciding point I would think. I wonder if we will start to see a bit of a move toward a platoon, or if this is strictly a precaution against Yuli getting hurt or needing to be down and wanting to have a “real” 1B on the roster. I can’t believe Dubon can play CF and all over the field but not at 1B, but there you have it. 
If I was Chaz and valued my time in the Astros organization I’d be asking them if they’d allow me to play 1B to add some versatility to my portfolio in playing a position where the team has no clear and established long term solution currently in the organization. 
still, very surprised by this move. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

And I guarantee they’ll mash down south. Classic AAAA players. 

Siri is more a 4th OF to me than a AAAA player.  He has an elite world class skill along with another very good skill. I think of AAAA guys as guys better than AAA but not good enough to stick in the majors. 

2 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I know the FO really likes Jake. 

I feel like Dusty is a Jake skeptic. To Me I think, like trading Straw, this is the organizations way of making sure that Meyers gets to play every day (ish) before the trade deadline to see where they are at. They want Jake to be the full on every day guy, or prove that he’s not, imo. 

Yeah- this is a real surprise to me too. JJ can play first and Chaz can’t, that’s got to be the only deciding point I would think. I wonder if we will start to see a bit of a move toward a platoon, or if this is strictly a precaution against Yuli getting hurt or needing to be down and wanting to have a “real” 1B on the roster. I can’t believe Dubon can play CF and all over the field but not at 1B, but there you have it. 
If I was Chaz and valued my time in the Astros organization I’d be asking them if they’d allow me to play 1B to add some versatility to my portfolio in playing a position where the team has no clear and established long term solution currently in the organization. 
still, very surprised by this move. 

Don't forget that Aledmys also plays 1B

• Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Siri is more a 4th OF to me than a AAAA player.  He has an elite world class skill along with another very good skill. I think of AAAA guys as guys better than AAA but not good enough to stick in the majors. 

Agree. Dude has elite speed and arm. I want his bat to be at least mediocre.  Siri should starts... But can't hits.