2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 hour ago, D3zii said:

We need some bullpen help in the worst way 

Best bullpen ERA in the majors.  Sometimes stuff happens, and sometimes you play against elite competitors.     We can roll with what we have. Figuring out a bat for 1B is our biggest need since Yuli isn’t showing signs of turning things around.  

• Hook 'Em 3

48 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Best bullpen ERA in the majors.  Sometimes stuff happens, and sometimes you play against elite competitors.     We can roll with what we have. Figuring out a bat for 1B is our biggest need since Yuli isn’t showing signs of turning things around.  

Um, excuse me, but how do you expect us to be irrationally angry when you keep throwing facts out there?

Cut it out.

Split the series
Good chance to win all 4 games
Starting pitching was bad ass
16 1/3 consecutive no hit innings
Jose Altuve is still jankee doodle daddy
10.5 game lead in the division

Any of y’all truly bitching about this are fucked in the head. Yeah, the BP walks need to get under control, but otherwise calm down you’re being very undude.

• Hook 'Em 4

14 hours ago, Amos Moses said:

Any of y’all truly bitching about this are fucked in the head. 

i'm not bitching about our team or our season, but i am disappointed with the results of this series.

i'm really getting sick and tired of being the better team for the majority of a game or series only to see it somehow slip away.  just so oddly familiar.

we weren't clutch in key spots, we walked too many guys, our defense wasn't sharp, and our managerial moves were of the bonehead variety.  we also were not helped out by shitty home-plate umping, something we should be used to by now.  our starting pitching was badass and our stars got some big homers.

i hope the team is pissed the way i'm pissed.  we've always shown the ability to bounce back from big (seemingly) emotional losses.

getting pena and meyers back should not be overlooked.  we are a different team than we were a week ago and it's time to go fucking streaking.

also in terms of potentially being the 2 seed forcing us to win 1-2 games in yankee stadium in the alcs - yeah, that does not concern me.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Amos Moses said:

Split the series
Good chance to win all 4 games
Starting pitching was bad ass
16 1/3 consecutive no hit innings
Jose Altuve is still jankee doodle daddy
10.5 game lead in the division

Any of y’all truly bitching about this are fucked in the head. Yeah, the BP walks need to get under control, but otherwise calm down you’re being very undude.

one team was two hits from sweeping the other. See y’all on Thursday 

• Like 1

On 6/25/2022 at 3:28 PM, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

NYY no hit only twice since 1958 and Houston each time! Wow, wow wow.  When was the last time you personally witnessed a Stros no hitter?  I remember 1 or 2 from Nolan. 

This was damn special , savor it. 

no hit.JPG

Before these 2 Astros no-hitters, that last no-hitter in 1958 was an away game at Baltimore where Hoyt Wilhelm beat the yankers 1-0.

Before these 2 Astros no-hitters, the last time the yankers were no-hit at home was by Virgil Trucks of the Detroit Tigers in 1952 (also 1-0 score). I'd never seen that Trucks name before, despite that he had 2 no-hitters.

Edited by BachelorTrek

1 hour ago, Scraps said:
2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:
Damn, was looking forward to Cole v verlander 

Maybe ALCS game 1.....if the Yankees make it that far

I had circled Cole/JV on June 30 as possibly deciding who would host that alcs game 1. But if Javier can get it done against Cole so can Garcia 

13 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

I had circled Cole/JV on June 30 as possibly deciding who would host that alcs game 1.

You’re either very optimistic about the remainder of our season or pessimistic about the Yankees’, as we’re currently 8 games back for the outright #1 seed. . Irregardless, Thursday’s game would decide nothing as they still have a doubleheader to play on July 21. 

Edited by TonyTexas

29 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

You’re either very optimistic about the remainder of our season or pessimistic about the Yankees’, as we’re currently 8 games back for the outright #1 seed. . Irregardless, Thursday’s game would decide nothing as they still have a doubleheader to play on July 21. 

More pessimistic on their season than optimistic on ours…but we do get to play in the AL west so that’s reason for optimism alone.
Completely recognize 7-8 games is a high hurdle but we’re not even halfway through the season.

i expect a split on that doubleheader.

Thus, Thursday decides the season series.  

42 minutes ago, Scraps said:

As expensive as rent is in NYC, is incredible Altuve gets to live free wherever he wants in this city.

The amount of fuck Altuve chants is ridiculous/hilarious…like on the upper deck concourse walking out of the stadium yesterday.

Cheer Judge/walkoff homer?

nah. FUCK AL-TU-VE! Clap-clap-clap-clap-clap

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scraps said:

The Astros haven't been surpassed by the Yankees since 2017.  I like the spirit of the article, but wholly furk, just dropping that line in there as if it's fact is total horseshit.

19 minutes ago, Scraps said:

I read that as literally today he is saying they have surpassed the Astros....not that they have been better overall since 2017

And he'd still be fucking wrong.

Looks at season schedule, Astros and Yankees are 2-2 with all 4 games having taken place in the Bronx.  I'm underwhelmed.

Edited by slorch

1 hour ago, slorch said:

And he'd still be fucking wrong.

Looks at season schedule, Astros and Yankees are 2-2 with all 4 games having taken place in the Bronx.  I'm underwhelmed.

You’re wearing orange-tinted glasses. The Yankees have been the better team so far this season by a good amount. They are 7 1/2 games up on us for the #1 seed. And that’s after going 26-12 against the AL East, by far the best division in baseball whereas we’ve gone 21-12 against the worst. They also have more than twice the run differential as us. Saying all that, the Astros definitely has it over them in playoff mojo. 

1 hour ago, dr99 said:

He's saying this season the Yankees have surpassed the Astros record wise

We just played them 4 games in their place while they were coming off a heater and we had two guys down and they didn’t hold the lead for a single AB in the entire four game series. Fuck them the road comes through the H until it’s proven otherwise and that damn sure wasn’t it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

You’re wearing orange-tinted glasses. The Yankees have been the better team so far this season by a good amount. They are 7 1/2 games up on us for the #1 seed. And that’s after going 26-12 against the AL East, by far the best division in baseball whereas we’ve gone 21-12 against the worst. They also have more than twice the run differential as us. Saying all that, the Astros definitely has it over them in playoff mojo. 

290ish pitches without a hit.

Hopefully we make it to the ALCS, I don’t give a fuck who we play 

i may rather play games 1/2 on the road.

give me jv + framber and hope for a split to come home to whomever’s pitching best between javier, urquidy, garcia to go 3/4 in mmp (vs cortes + montgomery?) then have jv in g5 at home.

think the yankees feel good about that scenario?

• Like 1