2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

12 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

This. The Royals acquired Benitendi for a bag of Skittles. I doubt the Red Sox would trade with the Astros, but they should have been involved. 

I think the cost will be more than the Royals paid, but keeping him away from the Yankees would be the best part.

• Like 1

Seattle has won 8 of their last 10. In that span, they went from 12 GB to 13 GB.

Currently projected to be the only other AL West team with a shot at finishing above .500. Pesky little buggers actually have a non-negligible chance of nabbing a playoff spot. We need to punch them in the mouth when we play them 7 of the final 10 games of July.

I'd prefer to avoid last season's scenario where we go into the final 15 games of the season with a magic number of like 4 and it takes until game 159 to actually clinch.

I was looking at league leaders and average launch angle is an interesting stat. Yordans average launch angle is 12.2 feet and Judges is 13.4 feet. The league leader is Mike Trout with 24.4 feet. Kyle Tucker is number 7. If Yordan could get some those ground balls he barrels into the shift into the gap he would be even more unstoppable.

Not bashing your post, just the talk in general.  

People claiming who MVP and Cy Young/ROY etc. is right now is so fucking dumb.  We are halfway through the season.  Shit changes weekly.   If Ohtani has 3 more outings in a row like he has been having he will jump to the front of the line.  Judge has already came back to the pack of 3 or 4 guys.  Pena has fallen off and been passed by Julio Rodriguez.  

I get it...I just think it is stupid lol 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Not bashing your post, just the talk in general.  

People claiming who MVP and Cy Young/ROY etc. is right now is so fucking dumb.  We are halfway through the season.  Shit changes weekly.   If Ohtani has 3 more outings in a row like he has been having he will jump to the front of the line.  Judge has already came back to the pack of 3 or 4 guys.  Pena has fallen off and been passed by Julio Rodriguez.  

I get it...I just think it is stupid lol 

I hear ya, in the video though they try not to be like that by asking him who his favorite is to win. Also it's a betting thing so you kind of have to pick someone.

• Hook 'Em 1

Awards, all star games, hr contest, batting line ups in the middle of the season, who plays where, who’s resting in the middle of August, it’s all dumb and idgaf. Finish in the top 2 so we can stack our pitching, and win that World Series Ring.

Every other team at this point in the season, they’re about to make moves with the thought of facing us in a 7 game series. Fucking bring it. 

(I do care greatly about some of these bats continuing their upward trend) 

Edited by tx 3 putt