2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 minute ago, billfromlaketravis said:

What in the f*** is wrong with that front office in Arlington?

They had an interesting draft. Got 2 of the top pitchers but had to pay their 9th and 10th rounders $1k bonuses to make it work

15 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Do you not remember the Yankee DH sweep and the Mariners sweep last weekend?  Hardly a funk

Nope. I was out of the country most of last week (Ecuador). Should have made a  better effort to catch up. Got back in time to see the A’s series. Failure on my part to get up to speed upon return. Carry on.

I had a basic breakfast of eggs over easy, bacon, pan sausage, toast and hash browns with coffee and OJ.

Edited by Wishbone
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

I think pretty much all Seattle cares about right now is not missing the 2022 postseason. 

Great.

so they break the streak…while setting themselves up to miss the postseason for another 20 year stretch.

found this looking up to confirm their playoff drought streak. Lol:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/25/sports/baseball/seattle-mariners-win-streak-standings.html

SEATTLE — The familiar sinking feeling returned quickly, in the first inning of the first game of the most anticipated Mariners homestand in a long, long while.

The team had entered Major League Baseball’s All-Star Game bathing in the glow of a 14-game win streak, an expectation-less squad suddenly turned bully. Coming out of the break, last weekend’s three-game series against the A.L. West-leading Houston Astros was to be a litmus test.

Was it finally OK to hang real hope on the Seattle Mariners?

Whack. With one clean swing, an Astros home run confirmed the answer.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

This reminds me of our trade for Randy Johnson. We gave up a shit ton of value for his 13 starts.

He’s got another year after this one but yeah- that’s a steep price. Glad they paid it if we are being honest. He doesn’t make them as good as us next year, and now they are worse going forward. 

37 minutes ago, Honeysucklerose said:

Can I say suck it liberals??

Or suck it retards???

Since “suck it liberal retards” is apparently where we draw the line in the baseball thread, which part of the equation are you people moaning about?

dude...

just say "fuck you Mariners"

that's enough.

• Like 1

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

He’s got another year after this one but yeah- that’s a steep price. Glad they paid it if we are being honest. He doesn’t make them as good as us next year, and now they are worse going forward. 

I mean, yeah they may be worse, but those prospects may never be as good as the 40+ starts they will get from Castillo, and they could just as easily flip him at the deadline next year if they aren't in contention, but they will likely be a WC team this year and next. As we saw with Kevin Brown, all it takes is one hot pitcher to take out a 100 win team in a short series.

2 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

And yet you do that deal 100 times out of a 100 

Absolutely.