2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Click- we are aggressive blah blah blah. 
Reading between the lines talking about roster balance you can tell he thinks we have too many starters. 
said Meyers is 100% but isn’t me tally back and ready to air it out- working with Pettis on the arm but said 3 times he is a special CF and runs down balls Click doesn’t believe anyone can get to- seemed pretty high on him still. 
said Lance looked really good last time out and they just want to keep hearing everything feels normal because normal is a special pitcher.  

said he tries to avoid talking to Dusty about anything bc he’s a mouth breathing moron and just wished Crane would let him fire Dusty and bring back AJ. 

I might have completely made up that last paragraph when he was talking about Dusty. 

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Click- we are aggressive blah blah blah. 
Reading between the lines talking about roster balance you can tell he thinks we have too many starters. 
said Meyers is 100% but isn’t me tally back and ready to air it out- working with Pettis on the arm but said 3 times he is a special CF and runs down balls Click doesn’t believe anyone can get to- seemed pretty high on him still. 
said Lance looked really good last time out and they just want to keep hearing everything feels normal because normal is a special pitcher.  

said he tries to avoid talking to Dusty about anything bc he’s a mouth breathing moron and just wished Crane would let him fire Dusty and bring back AJ. 

I might have completely made up that last paragraph when he was talking about Dusty. 

No, I heard that last part too.

• Haha 2

Just now, HtownHorn said:

I'd take Donovan for Odorizzi.

I couldn’t even begin to form an educated opinion on what I’d like to see coming back beyond this- give me 2 or 3 high beta 19 year olds that will likely never make the league but have some sort of high ceiling that you can dream on. 

22 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

That was intentional. You could see from the behind home plate he released it towards Altuve.

Fuck you bitch.

NO QUESTION ABOUT IT. Servais is bitchboy.

I think we're gonna see both bullpens running on the field at some point today.

ALtuveHBP.png

7 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Meyers is special, all right. 

Young- hasn’t played a lot in his career, major injury, no spring training, injury sapping his ability to throw and hit for power. 
you aren’t a scrub when you have the kind of power to the big part of the ballpark he showed last year- and like I said- he really really went out of his way to praise his defense. 
call this year a cluster fuck, option him back to the minors when we get reinforcements bat wise in the next 3 days, and then see what you have next year in spring training, bc yeah- it’s not going to happen this year. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

10 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Young- hasn’t played a lot in his career, major injury, no spring training, injury sapping his ability to throw and hit for power. 
you aren’t a scrub when you have the kind of power to the big part of the ballpark he showed last year- and like I said- he really really went out of his way to praise his defense. 
call this year a cluster fuck, option him back to the minors when we get reinforcements bat wise in the next 3 days, and then see what you have next year in spring training, bc yeah- it’s not going to happen this year. 

I knew you'd rush to his defense. And I believe at least most of what you say about Meyers is true, or is likely to be. The question thus is maybe more "when" than "if." I just don't think we're going to get that much positive out of him in the short term, given the shoulder issue and all. I'd rather have a veteran in that spot while our title window is wide open. I think that even includes Dubon. 

Edited by Gut Wagon
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Nope. Meyers's offense is completely dependent on an astronomically unsustainable BAbip.

3 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Were warnings issued?

Nope.