2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

10 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

That was the promise I made after what I was downing as a very shitty off-season. Said I’d give him an incomplete until the deadline. I have to think he gets something done. Multiple something’s. Because to not do so would be criminal level malpractice. And I don’t think he’s a bad GM. I think he’s just not super creative or daring or risky, and I was comparing him to the best in the business imo that came before him. But, it’s not a tough ask to improve this team at the deadline, the cost shouldn’t be very high (walk year bats are cheap) there’s no doubt what we need, and he’s got the tools to get it. I’m sure we will be fine. 

He is going to disappoint because he has no balls. The Tampa Bay Way

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Propose some trades.

Urquidy for Happ and Contreras. 
Barber, Solomon and someone around 20 in the organization for Bell. 
Odorizzi for prospects.

Meyers sent back to AAA

Lee sent back to AAA

Brown called up. 

Playoff rotation:

Jv/Framber/ LMJ/Garcia. 
bullpen- Presley, Montero, Stanek, Neris, Javier, Brown, Abreu, Maton. 
Lineup

Contreras, Bell, Altuve, Peña, Bregman, Happ, Chas, Tucker, Yordan. 
bench- Diaz, Maldy, Siri, JJ, 

1 spot left over for pitcher or 14th player-  if Brantley is back he is on the starting lineup and Chas is on the bench and it’s easy. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

I expect Altuve to lay down a bunt. 

3 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Bottom of the 10th, I'm a fan of a sac bunt + sac fly combo especially with Yuli up 2nd

Game winner into the LF corner imo

EDIT...Or IBB

Edited by WBT

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Odorizzi for prospects.

As much as I would love to have him, I don't see the Astros bringing Josh Bell in for three months.

Contreras would be nice, but wouldn't he cost more than Urquidy, and do we need to trade anyone for Happ?

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

As much as I would love to have him, I don't see the Astros bringing Josh Bell in for three months.

Contreras would be nice, but wouldn't he cost more than Urquidy, and do we need to trade anyone for Happ?

No. Contreras is in his walk year and happy has next year left. Urquidy has a bunch of surplus value left and a 3 year timeframe. Many would consider this an overpay by the Astros. If you are sending more talent out it is minor league and a long way away. The kind of guys we’d get for Odorizzi probably. I’m not enough of a prospect hound to know one way or another. 

12 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Odorizzi for prospects.

Meyers sent back to AAA

Lee sent back to AAA

Brown called up. 

Playoff rotation:

Jv/Framber/ LMJ/Garcia. 
bullpen- Presley, Montero, Stanek, Neris, Javier, Brown, Abreu, Maton. 
Lineup

Contreras, Bell, Altuve, Peña, Bregman, Happ, Chas, Tucker, Yordan. 
bench- Diaz, Maldy, Siri, JJ, 

1 spot left over for pitcher or 14th player-  if Brantley is back he is on the starting lineup and Chas is on the bench and it’s easy. 

That just doesn't move our championship odds enough for me to get worked up one way or the other.  Trading away Urquidy might actually make them worse.  I'd probably lean toward keeping our future value.

Edited by WBT

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

No. Contreras is in his walk year and happy has next year left. Urquidy has a bunch of surplus value left and a 3 year timeframe. Many would consider this an overpay by the Astros. If you are sending more talent out it is minor league and a long way away. The kind of guys we’d get for Odorizzi probably. I’m not enough of a prospect hound to know one way or another. 

I thought Happ was retired.

7 minutes ago, WBT said:

That just doesn't move our championship odds enough for me to get worked up one way or the other.  Trading away Urquidy might actually make them worse.  I'd probably lean toward keeping our future value.

Look,  Adding Soto probably only moves the odds 2%, that’s just the nature of it. 
look at that lineup and tell me where there is a hole- you can’t- Chas is the worst hitter in the team and that’s only if Brantley doesn’t come back. You can’t do better than that on the (relative) cheap. 
Makes signing JV next year pretty important. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Look,  Adding Soto probably only moves the odds 2%, that’s just the nature of it. 
look at that lineup and tell me where there is a hole- you can’t- Chas is the worst hitter in the team and that’s only if Brantley doesn’t come back. You can’t do better than that on the (relative) cheap. 

I really wish Josh Bell had some years left on a contract.

52 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Feels like there’s only 2 guys that are going to consistently hurt you in Altuve and Yordan, and in the playoffs Yordan will just get pitched around. 

Unless you plan to trade for Ruth or Balco Bonds, I have bad news for you.

Edited by WBT
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

It's almost like watching us lose our last 2 WS to inferior teams makes me not care about marginal improvements at the deadline.  It will come down to luck and who gets hot.

• Like 1