2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 minute ago, Guadaloopy said:

Seems like only yesterday when Freddy Galvis and Wil Myers were the best players on the Padres roster.  

Yeah I forgot how shitty they were at one time because they just traded the #3 pick, #6 pick and #8 pick in recent drafts. 

1 minute ago, Gourmand said:

Can't see the Click having any interest in him after Vazquez/Mancini trades. 

yeah we should be out on him.  

Gotta figure out what we are doing with CF 

So call your shot....who do you legitimately want for CF (don't be the Trout, Springer, Willie Mays guy)

At this point go get Reynolds.  We haven't spent much on the pieces we added so spend and go get the best guy out there that is probably available.   

1 minute ago, Pablo said:

Reddit baseball is saying Hosmer has to agree to be shipped to Nats for this deal to go down.   Almost all the pieces involved in this trade are Boras clients, Soto/Bell/Hosmer/Gore/Wood.

he doesn't have to agree. Deal will be done regardless he will end up being released and compensation would have to be figured out.----This is straight from dudes on MLB Network Radio not out of my ass lol 

Edited by Scraps

8 minutes ago, Scraps said:

So call your shot....who do you legitimately want for CF (don't be the Trout, Springer, Willie Mays guy)

At this point go get Reynolds.  We haven't spent much on the pieces we added so spend and go get the best guy out there that is probably available.   

Reynolds would be the best you could do IMO. He’s got a few more years of control, he’s in his prime, etc. Because of that, he’s gonna cost you. But I think it’s mostly worth it. He’d be your CF for the next 3+ years. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Gourmand said:

Haven't seen anything on socials yet from the Bregmans about their baby on the way.....hoping the best for Alex and Reagan. 

Knox Samuel Bregman was born.  All is well.  

Back to baseball.  

Bregman come back and get some knox 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Reynolds would be the best you could do IMO. He’s got a few more years of control, he’s in his prime, etc. Because of that, he’s gonna cost you. But I think it’s mostly worth it. He’d be your CF for the next 3+ years. 

If they don’t get him, they should just roll with McCormick out there basically everyday. No one else realistically proposed is an upgrade.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Happ would be good, but I don't know that I would be comfortable with what we would have to give up. I think Reynolds would cost more than we are willing to pay. After those two, there isn't much that seems like a clear upgrade over what we have. I read an article that mentioned Garcia from the Rangers. If the price was right, I'd probably go with that. 

19 minutes ago, Scraps said:

I'll keep it in the family and go with 1972 Cesar Cedeno. But since he's now a bit long in the tooth, give me Reynolds. I'm somewhat surprised the Yankees haven't already grabbed him. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Happ would be good, but I don't know that I would be comfortable with what we would have to give up. I think Reynolds would cost more than we are willing to pay. After those two, there isn't much that seems like a clear upgrade over what we have. I read an article that mentioned Garcia from the Rangers. If the price was right, I'd probably go with that. 

Noted Astro killer, Adolis Garcia.  Damn, it would feel good to take him off that team.  Although, I don't know how good he is vs other teams.

1 minute ago, Pablo said:

Noted Astro killer, Adolis Garcia.  Damn, it would feel good to take him off that team.  Although, I don't know how good he is vs other teams.

He's one of those guys I just assume hits .350 with 45 HRs because of how he crushes us, but, it turns out he's just slightly above average. He's be a definite upgrade though. 

ear Age Tm Lg G PA AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO BA OBP SLG OPS OPS+ TB GDP HBP SH SF IBB Pos Awards
2018 25 STL NL 21 17 17 3 2 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 7 .118 .118 .176 .294 -21 3 0 0 0 0 0 H/978  

2020 27 TEX AL 3 7 6 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 4 .000 .143 .000 .143 -55 0 0 0 0 0 0 /7  
2021 28 TEX AL 149 622 581 77 141 26 2 31 90 16 5 32 194 .243 .286 .454 .741 100 264 15 5 0 4 0 *89D/7H AS,RoY-4
2022 29 TEX AL 98 421 389 57 95 20 4 18 63 15 3 26 119 .244 .292 .455 .747 110 177 5 2 0 4 1 *89/D

1 minute ago, Seasick Sailor said:

He's one of those guys I just assume hits .350 with 45 HRs because of how he crushes us, but, it turns out he's just slightly above average. He's be a definite upgrade though. 

ear Age Tm Lg G PA AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO BA OBP SLG OPS OPS+ TB GDP HBP SH SF IBB Pos Awards
2018 25 STL NL 21 17 17 3 2 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 7 .118 .118 .176 .294 -21 3 0 0 0 0 0 H/978  

2020 27 TEX AL 3 7 6 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 4 .000 .143 .000 .143 -55 0 0 0 0 0 0 /7  
2021 28 TEX AL 149 622 581 77 141 26 2 31 90 16 5 32 194 .243 .286 .454 .741 100 264 15 5 0 4 0 *89D/7H AS,RoY-4
2022 29 TEX AL 98 421 389 57 95 20 4 18 63 15 3 26 119 .244 .292 .455 .747 110 177 5 2 0 4 1 *89/D

He also is much better against RHP than LHP. Nearly 200 points better this season and 130 for his career.

Guessing roster moves as things stand now.  Mancini for Jones or JJ ( other one gone when Bregs returns), Vazquez for Lee, Smith for Odorizzi. Will need to make a 40 man move. Unfortunately, I think that might involve moving Brantley to the 60 day IL. He’d be eligible to return at the end of this month. 

1 minute ago, TonyTexas said:

Guessing roster moves as things stand now.  Mancini for Jones or JJ ( other one gone when Bregs returns), Vazquez for Lee, Smith for Odorizzi. Will need to make a 40 man move. Unfortunately, I think that might involve moving Brantley to the 60 day IL. He’d be eligible to return at the end of this month. 

Is Castro already on the 60-day?

1 minute ago, TonyTexas said:

Could also place Castro on it.

Meyers getting hurt sure did fuck shit up.  Price might be prohibitive but Reynolds would be my target, followed by Mullins then Happ.  I’d be willing to part with a lot for Reynolds; he’s on par with Springer.  I’d also check on Yaz and Varsho.  Michael Taylor is not an upgrade over Meyers/McCormick, and Laureano is an asshole.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Scraps said:
9 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:
Is Castro already on the 60-day?

Yeah late last night i thought we had already done that, but I looked again and seems as though we have not

Lulz. I already forgot about him. Move to 60 day IL, DFA or retirement would take care of the 40 man move. 

Edited by TonyTexas

Astros.com shows 40-man at 44 players with 3 on the 60-day IL so someone is coming off it today via trade or one/both of Castro and Brantley will be shifted to the 60-day. Another move will also need to be made to make room for LMJ but Goodrum's spot is an easy call.

Not sure I was was ever convinced we had a serious shot at Soto, even if getting Bell seems possible.  Glad they are not in the AL if Houston didn't reel them in.  

I'm getting to see Dodgers at Padres in September.  That game just got a little more interesting!

Bregman’s wife told him to go get 3 hits today 

1 minute ago, kevwun said:

That should never be up for debate.  Tucker is great in right field, but doesn't have the range to play center especially in Minute Maid.

CF is much more work than RF 

Edited by tx 3 putt

18 minutes ago, kevwun said:

They don't have anyone ranked that highly at the start of 2022 other than Pena.  He would match Abrams, but no other position players do. 

Yet the Astros have three controllable starters with a record of MLB success, and none were ever really respected by those rankings. 

ETA: Four if we're counting Framber as young. 28 is young, right?

Edited by Gourmand