2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 minute ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Always amazed at how people bitch about dusty who’s on pace for 104 wins this year. Yet the same people neg anyone who questions 5-7 sark who hasn’t done dick yet. 

Dusty has won a lot of games. Dusty has never won a title. Winning 104 games and getting upset in the World Series again is a shitty season. That's the level the Astros are at right now, a successful season is based on 1st, winning the pennant, and 2nd, winning another title. No one gives a shit the Marines won 116 games in 2001.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, HtownHorn said:

Dusty has won a lot of games. Dusty has never won a title. Winning 104 games and getting upset in the World Series again is a shitty season. That's the level the Astros are at right now, a successful season is based on 1st, winning the pennant, and 2nd, winning another title. No one gives a shit the Marines won 116 games in 2001.

Yet you neg anyone who says sark isn’t that great. Wtf has he ever done here or anywhere else besides riding the ballsack of saban. I know you’re a genius in your own mind but dusty does fine. It’s not his fault the front office did jack shit with two quality pitchers gone. We weren’t even supposed to make the WS last year with JV out so last year was actually a above expectations season.

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

No one gives a shit the Marines won 116 games in 2001.

I do.  Watching excellent baseball all summer is its own reward and the long season proves which is the best team.  Playoffs are a gimmick to make the owners more money.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Just now, Rockethorn1978 said:

Yet you neg anyone who says sark isn’t that great. Wtf has he ever done here or anywhere else besides riding the ballsack of saban. I know you’re a genius in your own mind but dusty does fine. It’s not his fault the front office did jack shit with two quality pitchers gone. We weren’t even supposed to make the WS last year with JV out so last year was actually a above expectations season.

We had the 4th best record in baseball. Why were we not supposed to make the WS? I give Sarkisian the benefit of the doubt because this was his 1st season and he didn't take over a club that had just played in the WS. I gave Herman and Strong the same benefit of the doubt after subpar 1st seasons. Dusty has managed some of the best talent in the history of MLB and has shit to show for it. Fuck, Dave Martinez took the same team, except without Bryce Harper, to a championship when Dusty couldn't.

It would help if Dusty showed even a semblance of understanding platoon advantages and would manage toward scoring 1 run with the bottom of the lineup instead of letting them flail away and see multiple scoring opportunities a game go by the wayside.

6 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Why in the fuck are you trying to argue about Texas football in the Astros thread?  There are 100 other threads for that.

No one is arguing thread police. Defending dusty from morons who always bitch about a guy that’s gonna win 104 games. I know I know we should win 137 if we had the right manager.

Just now, HtownHorn said:

We had the 4th best record in baseball. Why were we not supposed to make the WS? I give Sarkisian the benefit of the doubt because this was his 1st season and he didn't take over a club that had just played in the WS. I gave Herman and Strong the same benefit of the doubt after subpar 1st seasons. Dusty has managed some of the best talent in the history of MLB and has shit to show for it. Fuck, Dave Martinez took the same team, except without Bryce Harper, to a championship when Dusty couldn't.

It would help if Dusty showed even a semblance of understanding platoon advantages and would manage toward scoring 1 run with the bottom of the lineup instead of letting them flail away and see multiple scoring opportunities a game go by the wayside.

Cool man. It’s amazing you haven’t been hired since your ideas would probably lead to the first ever 162-0 season. 

6 minutes ago, WBT said:

I do.  Watching excellent baseball all summer is its own reward and the long season proves which is the best team.  Playoffs are a gimmick to make the owners more money.

I hear you and agree on some level, but flags don’t fly for accomplishments during the dog days of summer.

I do agree with it being rewarding to enjoy the ebbs and flows of ~6 months with you degenerates and other Astro diehard family/friends before the coin flip series of October starts when that 3rd cousin and college classmate you haven’t talked to in 20 years and hasn’t watched more than 2 games all year starts texting and posting about how much time they’ve invested and waited for this moment.

4 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Chandler lives for this shit:

Yeah well Will smith can probably outrun Neris, Stanek, Pressly, dumbo Maton, so suck it Choadler 

Not to mention he is a dumbass because when compared to Machete and Brantley  they are faster...so Dusty is correct 

Edited by Scraps

11 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Not to mention he is a dumbass because when compared to Machete and Brantley  they are faster...so Dusty is correct 

I’m pretty sure  neither, at least recently, has an inside the park home run 

Edited by TonyTexas

I've got Sportsurge bookmarked, usually at least half a dozen of their links actually end up working, I've never been completely skunked by them for Astros games.  A VPN, ad blocker, and the usual anti-virus stuff is a good idea. 

https://v2.sportsurge.net/watch-5572-boston-red-sox-vs-houston-astros

Edited by clapclapclap
  • Hook 'Em 1

Prices on CF must’ve been brutal; Yankees had to give up their #3 SP for Bader and none of Happ, Reynolds, or Mullins were moved.  Houston had an average deadline.  Low risk low reward moves.  Only 3 teams (Padres, Twins, Yankees) clearly improved more.  But luckily they went into the deadline not having any glaring holes.  They should get a boost from McCullers coming back and calling up Brown, and it’s possible Meyers and Brantley both get fully healthy and perform really well.  I am also thinking there’s a small chance of Pedro Leon getting a shot if Meyers flounders or gets hurt; Leon has cut his k rate the last 2 months which is an extremely encouraging sign given he’s already proven he has elite speed, arm, OF glove, and power.

Edited by Snake Diggity
  • Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

Click is all in on Meyers in CF. They believe he is elite. Ok then. Let’s hope he starts heading that way the next couple months.

If Meyers turns out to be elite, I'll rarely have been more surprised by a player's career. Really hope I'm wrong about the guy...and soon. 

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Prices on CF must’ve been brutal; Yankees had to give up their #3 SP for Bader and none of Happ, Reynolds, or Mullins were moved.  Houston had an average deadline.  Low risk low reward moves.  Only 3 teams (Padres, Twins, Yankees) clearly improved more.  But luckily they went into the deadline not having any glaring holes.  They should get a boost from McCullers coming back and calling up Brown, and it’s possible Meyers and Brantley both get fully healthy and perform really well.  I am also thinking there’s a small chance of Pedro Leon getting a shot if Meyers flounders or gets hurt; Leon has cut his k rate the last 2 months which is an extremely encouraging sign given he’s already proven he has elite speed, arm, OF glove, and power.

Glaring holes? The Astros have gigantic holes at LF, CF, C, and 1B. At this point I would give Leon or Julks a shot over Jake Meyers. You can't game plan around his noodle arm and horrible plate discipline.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1