2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

3 minutes ago, txduck87 said:

Dumped Odos salary for next year. Worth it. Even if smith never pitches another inning.

We’ll hardly get to know him. Doesn’t figure to be on any playoff rosters. And next year, has a club option for $13M with a $1M buyout.  Lmfao at that being exercised 

12 minutes ago, Ojo Rojo said:

Question out of curiosity - Do y'all think Dusty (with or without the input of the FO) put Yuli at second in the order in front of Alvarez to help boost his BA and save his job?

He put Yuli there to help get him going. So far, so good. Yuli wasn’t ever losing his job. He’ll probably play in at least 2/3 of the the remaining games. Mancini will play the rest as well playing some LF and DH. 

Edited by TonyTexas

1 hour ago, Amos Moses said:

I liked the lineup today. Might quibble with the order, but those are the bats I think should be the regulars. Can Diaz and Dubon hold up defensively in the OF?

Dubon has no business playing ahead of Chas. He’s ass, my dude. Dusty hates him some Chas for whatever reason. 

27 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

I don't think it's a Dusty thing, seems organizational to me going all the way back to the Straw trade and through the 2022 trade deadline. Click and Co are Meyers truthers.

Reading between the lines from listening to a couple of the locker room celebrations last year I think Chas is just an incredible idiot the way the other guys were talking about him. With contempt it seemed to me. Maybe I misread that. Maybe I’m wrong. 

Dubon can play some D, and at multiple positions. His defensive highlight videos are solid. Not much of a hitter, of course, but he's had a few timely ones for us so far. Given our CF options, I think he gets a lot more innings there to go with his usual spot duty elsewhere. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Urquidy driving up his trade value for the winter…

This is nuts.  Click has already hugely tempted fate by trading a serviceable MLB starter away from a contender.  It would be unforgivable hubris to trade a proven pitcher like Urquidy who is under club control for several more years. 

• Hook 'Em 4

7 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

This is nuts.  Click has already hugely tempted fate by trading a serviceable MLB starter away from a contender.  It would be unforgivable hubris to trade a proven pitcher like Urquidy who is under club control for several more years. 

Counterpoint: “unforgivable hubris” might as well be the Astros motto since ~2017