2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

10 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Watching MLB Central this AM and they were talking about Springer going on the IL and how he is the heart of the team and that the Jays aren’t the same without him.  And it made me sad.  

Same, only silver lining is that he played just 78 games last season as he enters the IL this season. 

45 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Watching MLB Central this AM and they were talking about Springer going on the IL and how he is the heart of the team and that the Jays aren’t the same without him.  And it made me sad.  

It’s why the Astros didn’t make huge efforts to sign him. He’d had an injury history, and it didn’t figure to get better as he gets older. It sucked to lose him, because we all loved Springer, but it was probably the right decision by the Astros. In 2 seasons in TOR, he hasn’t been dependable. 

2 hours ago, Scraps said:

We should move Brantley to 60 day DL 

Send Meyers down

Start Chas the majority of games at CF 

Pick up Marisnick for nothing to be the back up CF/OF

Old Rake Farm > new Rake Farm

Batting is a wash and he’s still a better defender. Actually his batting is better than new Jake. Same role he had last time. I wouldn’t hate it. 

• Like 1

I think they are giving Yuli all the rope. It's out of respect for him and what he's done. I think everyone is hoping that he's close to what he's been come playoff time.

With Meyers, he is still an unknown with too few at bats and coming off an injury.  They need to give him playing time and ABs to see where he's going to be in October.  I also think the front office really wants him to succeed to prove they were right.

I don't really GAF about the lineup during the regular season any more. Part of me wants to win every game, sure, but I'd rather win the World Series.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

I’m not normally one to bitch about lineups but I’m tired of seeing Meyers in there. 

For fucks sake Dusty (and he told MT today that he calls in the lineups) what the fuck are you doing sitting Chas against a lefty? He's literally our second best hitter against left handers this year.  

1 hour ago, rvm96 said:

Machete is apparently 9 for 18 against the rangers starter today

OF course he is.  Just like last year seemingly starting Castro against every lefty he could find.  It makes no sense. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Ojo Rojo said:

I think they are giving Yuli all the rope. It's out of respect for him and what he's done. I think everyone is hoping that he's close to what he's been come playoff time.

With Meyers, he is still an unknown with too few at bats and coming off an injury.  They need to give him playing time and ABs to see where he's going to be in October.  I also think the front office really wants him to succeed to prove they were right.

I don't really GAF about the lineup during the regular season any more. Part of me wants to win every game, sure, but I'd rather win the World Series.

This is a good point. Everything Dusty does with the lineup is nonsense and ass-backwards. It is not worth worrying about it.

Semien just proved why i fucking despise guys with power red light on 3-0. It is normally set on a tee for you and our guys just stand there. Then it seems like they either foul off the 3-1 or miss it....then K.

Swing the bat on 3-0 if you are a power hitter.

• Hook 'Em 1