2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

8 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

I agree, you have to keep sending Jake out there with a 12 game lead. He’s the best option (when right) for a winning World Series team in CF 

I'd feel better about it if there was nay indication that sending him up there to flail about at the plate and noodle-arm throws in from CF was actually helping him get right. At some point his confidence has to take a hit right? I know I certainly don't expect him to succeed when he plays right now. How much longer until he doesn't either?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Felix said:

You guys take Recency Bias to an art form.

I mean, Yordan was in something like a 5-for-36 slump and he broke out of it by murdering a baseball last night.  It doesn't make sense to bench a guy who was ice cold for 10 days the second he snaps out of it.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, TexArcher said:

I mean, Yordan was in something like a 5-for-36 slump and he broke out of it by murdering a baseball last night.  It doesn't make sense to bench a guy who was ice cold for 10 days the second he snaps out of it.

Did you forget struck out ugly with a chance to walk it off?

19 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Hey, asshole- if it's such a problem play him at 1b then.  Yuli's 650 OPS can sit on the bench and ponder the vagaries of what happens when the sands of time act upon an athlete that used to be great.  And, his OPS hitting in the 2nd spot right now stands at a smooth 584.  Aka, worse than Maldonado's overall OPS.  But please please please explain to me why a 38 year old with a salad fork sticking out of his back must get as many AB's as possible at the top of the lineup and play everyday.  

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Look, I hope Dusty wins a World Series and rides off into the sunset a champion, but this has be his last year. This thinking just isn't in line with the FO. Click has to be seething. 

Same. Give him some special Manager Emeritus or something but the day to day stuff should be Espada. Dusty is just fucking done 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, texasdago said:

So, uh, about the Astros on the radio in Austin.  Anyone?

Wikipedia says 97.5 FM but I don't think it carries all games.  I've picked up 740 AM from Houston at nights sometimes when I'm up there.  

And Robert Ford just came on Youtube in the middle of the 1st AB.

Edited by WBT

14 minutes ago, texasdago said:

So, uh, about the Astros on the radio in Austin.  Anyone?

Play the youtube stream from your phone and set the audio to Astros radio. I am listening to the game at work and watching when I get a chance.

Edited by HOOKEM4

34 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

I can understand Dusty’s logic in playing Yuli at first when Framber’s pitching. But what about all of the other days?

It's a combination of loyalty to Yul and patience given the Astros division lead and place in the overall AL standings. He said the Astros are where they are because of "some of these guys", he thinks they're pretty good and wants to give them the playing time to work it out. 

36 minutes ago, dr99 said:

Do people saying not to worry about the regular season lineup think Dusty will all of a sudden start putting the best players out there come playoff time?

He managed text book perfect last year in the playoffs in my opinion.  I truly believe that there is some sort of compromise where he gets to do whatever dumbass thing he wants in the regular season while we are coasting and bashing fools heads in and he has to do what he's told in the playoffs. It's my ray of sanity when you see horrible lineup decision after horrible lineup decision.