2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Hmmmmm. My old ass cannot find this option at all playing through the YouTube app.

Click the gear on the bottom right of the screen -> Audio track

It still reverts to Youtube audio coming out of every commercial break before switching back to the radio.  The radio must be taking longer breaks I guess.  Still, I had to just listen to Brett Dolan shudder

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

17 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Yuli reads wulaw’s post to fire him up before the game

I hope he goes Carlos Beltran in 2004 playoffs on us. I've always liked Yuli.  Always.  He just looks like Carlos Beltran in 2017 playoffs.  Who was basically a boat anchor every playoff AB with one shining moment that clinched the ALDS for us up in Boston.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rvm96 said:

That one is going to be really interesting to watch play out. It appears as if we left some possible talent on the board in order to lessen bonuses to get him.  I like the strategy as one 4th round pick is more or less as good as another at the time you are making it- and it's awesome to have a free roll at a guy with upside.  Hope it works out. He's having a nice little start to the complex league.  

12 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

That one is going to be really interesting to watch play out. It appears as if we left some possible talent on the board in order to lessen bonuses to get him.  I like the strategy as one 4th round pick is more or less as good as another at the time you are making it- and it's awesome to have a free roll at a guy with upside.  Hope it works out. He's having a nice little start to the complex league.  

I think it was Baseball America that had both our top 2 picks as first rounders. The Astros also took some well liked pitchers. I'm happy with what they did.

• Hook 'Em 1

Glad to start finally hearing Dusty’s dumb managing getting ripped to shreds on local sports talk. Clint & the Show and the guys on at 97.5 in the midday calling out that clown. What the hell does Crane see in this guy. His utility of being a nice guy to take heat off the team after the scandal has run its course. Fire Dusty now before he costs us a WS title.

1 minute ago, Macklemore said:

Glad to start finally hearing Dusty’s dumb managing getting ripped to shreds on local sports talk. Clint & the Show and the guys on at 97.5 in the midday calling out that clown. What the hell does Crane see in this guy. His utility of being a nice guy to take heat off the team after the scandal has run its course. Fire Dusty now before he costs us a WS title.

you are a fucking clown 

• Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, rvm96 said:

I think it was Baseball America that had both our top 2 picks as first rounders. The Astros also took some well liked pitchers. I'm happy with what they did.

Me too. Might have gotten 2 top 20 guys plus added a top 60 guy in round 11. If that meant we took some easily singable college seniors to make that happen I got zero problem with that. 

2 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

This kid can barely find the zone and we've done pretty well laying off bad pitches. Feels like it should be 7-0 at least. Getting under some hittable pitches.

Yeah, feels like this kid never should have made it through 4 IP, yet we're almost in a pitchers' duel here.