2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

2 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Lulz. picked it up. No HRs since July 1st. 2 EBHs and 2 BBs in August. Yuli is done and it's ridiculous that he's getting this many ABs in the 2 hole.

Agree. Mancini should be everyday first base starting yesterday. It’s not an opinion it’s in black and white. First base was not meant to be manned by players who would be good hitting pitchers. Ditto for Vazquez. I prefer to think Dusty is making it a very gradual change culminating around mid September but that’s probably giving everyone too much credit. With that I rest my case about lineups until October. You’re welcome.

That said I wish we had a young guy to bring up while Diaz is hurt to try to catch lightning in a bottle like the Braves have with their guys from double A. This team could use a burst of energy.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

Agree. Mancini should be everyday first base starting yesterday. It’s not an opinion it’s in black and white. First base was not meant to be manned by players who would be good hitting pitchers. Ditto for Vazquez. I prefer to think Dusty is making it a very gradual change culminating around mid September but that’s probably giving everyone too much credit. With that I rest my case about lineups until October. You’re welcome.

That said I wish we had a young guy to bring up while Diaz is hurt to try to catch lightning in a bottle like the Braves have with their guys from double A. This team could use a burst of energy.

Just bring up Leon, when he comes back from the IL. He walks, has speed, defense, and power. Of course, that comes with Ks. The Astros have gotten almost no production from Meyers, Dubon, or Siri in CF so why not give the guy a chance. Or even Julks deserves a shot over the non-production we are getting right now.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

Just bring up Leon, when he comes back from the IL. He walks, has speed, defense, and power. Of course, that comes with Ks. The Astros have gotten almost no production from Meyers, Dubon, or Siri in CF so why not give the guy a chance. Or even Julks deserves a shot over the non-production we are getting right now.

I said the same thing right before he got hit the face. I thought he could get the same audition Meyers got last year. 

26 minutes ago, txduck87 said:

Yuli definitely has pictures on Dusty. So tired of seeing him in the 2 hole and starting at 1B over Mancini.

I keep telling myself that an optimized lineup will only score a few more runs per year than a lineup picked out of a hat but batting Yuli 2nd is really dumb.

• Hook 'Em 1