2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

I just laugh at you dipshits pimping Yuli's near .250 average. The guy is hot garbage now. His last hot streak ended with a 7-game stretch of sub .400 OPS offensive play. I mean I guess he should get credit for not being a complete waste on a day when everyone else on the team, except 2 of the other 3 position players on the team that he's in contention with for worst player, had banner days at the plate.

• Hook 'Em 2

42 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I just laugh at you dipshits pimping Yuli's near .250 average. The guy is hot garbage now. His last hot streak ended with a 7-game stretch of sub .400 OPS offensive play. I mean I guess he should get credit for not being a complete waste on a day when everyone else on the team, except 2 of the other 3 position players on the team that he's in contention with for worst player, had banner days at the plate.

decisions don't be a dick GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

springer is going to go on a hell of tear if they make the playoffs. his avg jumped 11 points today. 5-5 

this yankees 'dip' is unbelievable. shitty clubhouse / manager ?
They were winning a whole bunch of those early games by something that is unsustainable....coming from behind a lot....which means you are down in games a lot.

The down in games a lot trend has stayed consistent the whole year....the come from behind wins can't keep up

And their manager is a dumbass

And so is their GM

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

springer is going to go on a hell of tear if they make the playoffs. his avg jumped 11 points today. 5-5 

this yankees 'dip' is unbelievable. shitty clubhouse / manager ?

Homer heavy/streaky team. If they’re not hitting it out, they’re not winning.

You could say that for most of the MLB, but it’s especially pronounced with their lineup. 

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Homer heavy/streaky team. If they’re not hitting it out, they’re not winning.

You could say that for most of the MLB, but it’s especially pronounced with their lineup. 

I think the bigger problem is that their pitching has come back to Earth. They only have Cole that would scare anyone in the playoffs, and no one in their bullpen is a legit stopper. Also not surprised at all that Gallo has outperformed Benintendi since the deadline.

They are missing Stanton and Carpenter right now, only 5 guys with an OPS+ over a 100 right now, by comparison the Astros could form a lineup with 8 or 9 guys with OPS+ over 100.

Edited by HtownHorn

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I think the bigger problem is that their pitching has come back to Earth. They only have Cole that would scare anyone in the playoffs, and no one in their bullpen is a legit stopper.

a 3-7 streak and there would be fisticuffs on this thread 

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

stolen from espn ...

Through June 19, Bregman was hitting .218/.337/.373 with seven homers and 30 RBIs in 64 games. Since then, Bregman has mashed to the tune of .315/.404/.556 with nine homers and 36 RBIs in 49 games. 

and that was before today. did he do anything today?