2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

6 hours ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

a 3-7 pitcher with 5.50 ERA outduels the best pitcher in the world, the game of his life.  That's one aspect of the game.

The second aspect -- Then gets pulled with 1 out to go on a CG shutout masterpiece.  F'n moron Oriole manager. 

Orioles have the magic against Houston.  The next couple of games are going to be rough, let's see. 

Moron?  Hyde said the one guy he didn’t want hitting again was Alvarez.  So, he brought in his 12 for 12 closer to shut the door.  Bautista struck out Diaz for the final out with Alvarez on deck.

3 hours ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Moron?  Hyde said the one guy he didn’t want hitting again was Alvarez.  So, he brought in his 12 for 12 closer to shut the door.  Bautista struck out Diaz for the final out with Alvarez on deck.

or the starter could have K'd Diaz as he did 10 other hitters. 

45 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

or the starter could have K'd Diaz as he did 10 other hitters. 

100 pitches .. furthest Bradish had gone in his baseball career.  Tying run at bat, lead run on deck, only closer in MLB without a blown save or loss since the trade deadline ready to go R on R.  Potential complete game for an individual or pretty much lock for a team win?  Whatever …

2 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

but man, I would be a bit disappointed if it’s anything other than Dodgers/Astros in the fall classic 

Star Trek Bones GIF

fuck the Dodgers

I hope they lose every game from now until the heat death of the universe

unless they play the Yankees

then i pray for a meteor strike

Edited by Rimbo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Rimbo said:

Star Trek Bones GIF

fuck the Dodgers

I hope they lose every game from now until the heat death of the universe

unless they play the Yankees

then i pray for a meteor strike

Oh I’m with you

but I also want to grind the heel on both of them and revel in the tears, I mean boos after all the shit since the news broke in 2019.

1 minute ago, UTexasFight said:

Not watching.

went to check gameday and knew I had a 50/50 shot as to what this post was referencing.

leadoff homer. TOOTBLAN.

Dammit 

I celebrate the entire catalogue. 
he’s an above average (barely) base runner for his career. He takes obvious stuff off the table but there is a lot of good there. It’s amusing as long as the team is running away with division titles. 

3 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

They are replacing it after this show.  

I still want to hear the contingency plans if we’re in the World Series opposite anyone other the Dodgers.

or are we just going to have a 3 hour Elton John concert delay during game 6?

(or a daytime World Series game would be kind cool. I guess. But can’t imagine a way to pull off a World Series game during the day and Elton John concert at night… followed by a potential game 7 the following night)

I still want to hear the contingency plans if we’re in the World Series opposite anyone other the Dodgers.
or are we just going to have a 3 hour Elton John concert delay during game 6?
(or a daytime World Series game would be kind cool. I guess. But can’t imagine a way to pull off a World Series game during the day and Elton John concert at night… followed by a potential game 7 the following night)
Elton can kick rocks