2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

3 hours ago, WBT said:

I'll be pleasantly surprised if we don't put him in the bullpen

We aren’t putting him in the bullpen. 
Lance Z and John were calling for LMJ to go game 2 and Framber to go game 3. The stats for LMJ at home vs road are incredibly compelling (both this year but more importantly throughout his entire career) while Framber is a little better on the road than at home. 
I think my rotation would be JV/LMJ/Framber/JV/Javier. That JV in game 4 is on a full 4 days rest. I doubt that’s what we do though, but I think that would be my preference. If it is set up that way you could have Javier available to do bullpen duty in game 1, but I don’t think I’d mess with it past that. 

12 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

The rare perfect sports results day: Astros & Horns win, Sooners and aggy lose.  And I just checked in for a week at Turtle Bay.   Life is good today.  

that does not suck. planning the vacation before the playoffs, well executed !

have fun 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, TonyTexas said:

Spotrac  says his $10M 2023 mutual option includes a $250,000 buyout. I hope that means we can buy him out and isn’t just the player’s choice. 

Nope. It’s fully mutual meaning either side can’t say thanks or no thanks. Possible if we say no thanks we have to also give him that check. 

23 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Radio talk, sid mejdal with the orioles could be high on crane’s ‘want list’ for next gm 

I'm very impressed with the strides that team has made. Would love to see their young core unseat the high and mighty Yanks for a few years running. 

104-55 already has us at our 2nd winningest season in franchise history. Obviously if we sweep the Phillies we can tie 2019, but I think we'll take 2/3 and finish 106-56. 

I will gladly eat a small spoonful of crow. I figured we would comfortably win the division, but at something like 94-68. I definitely didn't expect to give the 2019 squad a run for its money. Mostly because I sure as shit didn't expect the pitching staff to be this fucking good. 

Edited by Storm the Field
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1