2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

The suggestion that anyone not in an Astros uniform, employed by MLB, would intentionally favor the Astros, is just hillarious. Sure, the umps help us out all the time. And ESPN pimping the Mariners from the beginning, and then having to reluctantly talk up Jordon is the best.

What was so awesome about Servais walking Yordon is that it was absolutely the right thing to do, and it still cost them. I mean, anyone can take advantage of your stupid decisions. The Astros will abuse you for making the right one. 

These west coast salmon smackers need to learn and I hope the lesson is taught in game 3. It would be a great time for Altuve to find his bat. 

• Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

You panty waists who opine about the Astros not getting love suck. It is 100,000x better being despised and having haters than it is to have these brain dead mouth breathing morons like you. 

yeah agreed but who the fuck are you talking about? I think we all relish the dynasty Jeff built and the hate that comes with it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Hook'Em0608 said:

Yeah that’s good stuff. Shows Correa was fully bought in on Astros analytics approach to the game. 

Just laughable he gave up all of it for a few million a season.

There are 4 marquee SS's on the market this year, going to be interesting to see how the contracts work out.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Just laughable he gave up all of it for a few million a season.

There are 4 marquee SS's on the market this year, going to be interesting to see how the contracts work out.

didn't he change agents mid stream and couldn't accept the astro's offer ?

if so, so be it. this train goes on !

2 hours ago, Pimphand said:

You panty waists who opine about the Astros not getting love suck. It is 100,000x better being despised and having haters than it is to have these brain dead mouth breathing morons like you. 

You got it wrong there sport. I don't care that the Astros are hated. I love the hate. I love how the Horns down is thrown up at games we are not even involved in. What's your problem, anyway? Are you just venting the frustration that will come wihen you and your Yankees watch the series from the couch? Everyone used to hate the Yankees because they bought up all that talent and won. Now they just buy up talent and and get hammered by the Astros. That must suck for you. Maybe you and Helobious can start a weekly group or something.

14 minutes ago, 1leggedduck said:

You got it wrong there sport. I don't care that the Astros are hated. I love the hate. I love how the Horns down is thrown up at games we are not even involved in. What's your problem, anyway? Are you just venting the frustration that will come wihen you and your Yankees watch the series from the couch? Everyone used to hate the Yankees because they bought up all that talent and won. Now they just buy up talent and and get hammered by the Astros. That must suck for you. Maybe you and Helobious can start a weekly group or something.

You new around here or just stupid?

Edited by Fudge Nuggets
  • Haha 1

one person said that the m's were getting all the love from espn/tbs/the media.

then another person implied that person was complaining that the astros weren't getting enough love.

and the overall implication was that we (astros fans) would like equal opportunity love.

then the original two people who were arguing both seem to agree that being the evil empire and having it be us vs everyone is the preferable spot and we should embrace it.

then someone misread an avatar.

did i solve it? 

5 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

i'm taking full credit for being the first one to make this analogy a couple of months ago.

• Hook 'Em 2

so let's quickly discuss the ramifications of the yankees losing today.

now the series must go at least 4 games, with game 4 being on sunday.  sunday would be cole's regular rest.  this will put boone/yankees front office into a decision on whether to pitch cole in g4 or try to save him for g1 in the alcs.  it's the same decision we'd be in if we lose tomorrow.  i would make the argument that ours isn't much of a dilemma because our sp2-sp4 are all pretty awesome.  that's not the case with the yankees.

if they decide to go with cole in g4, he would not be on regular rest again until g3 of the alcs, which would seem to be a pretty good deal for us.  i wonder if they win g3 against mckenzie if they would roll the dice and hold cole back (not sure who would start sunday - taillon maybe) for a potential g5 back in ny.

regardless of opponent, we needed that series to at least go 4, and we made it there, so that's good.  now let's go take care of business tomorrow after iowa st.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

now the series must go at least 4 games, with game 4 being on sunday.  sunday would be cole's regular rest.  this will put boone/yankees front office into a decision on whether to pitch cole in g4 or try to save him for g1 in the alcs.  it's the same decision we'd be in if we lose tomorrow.  i would make the argument that ours isn't much of a dilemma because our sp2-sp4 are all pretty awesome.  that's not the case with the yankees.

if they decide to go with cole in g4, he would not be on regular rest again until g3 of the alcs, which would seem to be a pretty good deal for us.  i wonder if they win g3 against mckenzie if they would roll the dice and hold cole back (not sure who would start sunday - taillon maybe) for a potential g5 back in ny.

regardless of opponent, we needed that series to at least go 4, and we made it there, so that's good.  now let's go take care of business tomorrow after iowa st.

Allegedly Boone said for sure he’s throwing Coke in Game 4 either way- not saving anyone for Game 5. 

As for us I would be really really disappointed if we threw JV in a game 4. That’s absolutely Javier’s spot. He’s earned it by being a top 10 pitcher in the AL this year and there’s no reason not to give him the ball up 2-1. 
I’m in favor of LMJ shoving it up their ass and making it all moot. 

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

do they throw cole on short rest tomorrow ?

that would 1000000% go against everything Astro culture. What I do think, dusty announced tonight to challenge manacini that it's time to man the fuck up and earn his pay. 

I didn't realize julio was as big as yordan. they make reggie look small 

How the game has changed. If my teammate was out there fucking around with the other squad down 0-2 i would beat his rookie ass
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Scraps said:
11 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:
that would 1000000% go against everything Astro culture. What I do think, dusty announced tonight to challenge manacini that it's time to man the fuck up and earn his pay. 

I didn't realize julio was as big as yordan. they make reggie look small 

How the game has changed. If my teammate was out there fucking around with the other squad down 0-2 i would beat his rookie ass

servis is going to ask LMJ to throw at julio 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Allegedly Boone said for sure he’s throwing Coke in Game 4 either way- not saving anyone for Game 5. 

As for us I would be really really disappointed if we threw JV in a game 4. That’s absolutely Javier’s spot. He’s earned it by being a top 10 pitcher in the AL this year and there’s no reason not to give him the ball up 2-1. 
I’m in favor of LMJ shoving it up their ass and making it all moot. 

JV will pitch Game 4 if required as will Cole since that would be their normal day to pitch. Both pitched Tuesdayso Sunday is four days rest. What’s there to get worked up about?