2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

3 minutes ago, Tommy Nobis said:

He’s pitched one inning in the Saturday marathon game. I’m clueless as well. Stanek has been nails in the 8th inning most of the season.

He had a 2.33 era in the 8th inning with 19.2 innings. His best inning was the 7th with a 0 era in 25 innings. 

The Astros are seven more 2022 postseason wins away from being talked about as one of the greatest baseball dynasties of all-time. From my perspective they already are considering 1) six straight ALCS appearances, 2) three World Series appearances in five years, 3) a World Series title, 3) four 100-win seasons over six years and 4) they advanced past the divisional round every year since their World Series title. 

Dynasty. They just need to put a bow on it in the form of a 2022 WS title. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

So, Presley went 4 outs. I’d be really tempted to hand the ball to Hunter tomorrow in the 7th and tell him to get me 9 outs and then be ready for game 5 or 6. 
It’s a serious disadvantage to let the other team see your bullpen guys 4 or 5 nights in a row in the playoffs. Whatever we can do to keep that from happening we should. Of course, I won’t complain if Framber goes 7 and then they come with Stanek and Abreu either. Or if we get up 6 runs and Martinez finishes it off. 

• Hook 'Em 5