2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

5 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

this phillies team is full of heart and fight. next 3 games are going to be a war 

That AB by Stott was concerning..  I was happy thinking their 5-9 were almost free outs. 

That being said, we have to get through the top of their order.. that's the heart of the team and the only strength they have over us. We are better in every other way. 

17 minutes ago, WBT said:

Also Lance announced for Game 3.  I was thinking we'd go with same order as against NY but I guess this way Lance would have 4 days rest before Game 7.  If Javier starts Game 4 he could also be back for Game 7 on 3 days rest.

I don't think you can go wrong either way with the order for LMJ and Javier. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, WBT said:

Astros WS champ Cameron Maybin on MLB Network right now

Lulz, he said that the crowd was nervous before the game.  It was like being in the emergency room waiting to find out if someone is going to be ok and the 3 doubles to leadoff the 1st was like finding out that he's still alive.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

Hey everyone! Did you hear how loud and crazy the Philly fans are gonna be? OMG!!!!

43 minutes ago, dr99 said:

They said the same thing about Seattle and New York

These Astros have two years of experience playing in the most hostile environments MLB has to offer.  Philly can’t do anything these boys haven’t seen, heard, and thrived on.  

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Alex Bregman has the most postseason homers and RBI by a third baseman in MLB history. 

HR:
1. Bregman 14
2. Justin Turner 13
3. Chipper Jones 11

RBI:
1. Bregman 43
2. Turner 42
3. Jones 39

Biggest dick, too

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Alex Bregman has the most postseason homers and RBI by a third baseman in MLB history. 

HR:
1. Bregman 14
2. Justin Turner 13
3. Chipper Jones 11

RBI:
1. Bregman 43
2. Turner 42
3. Jones 39

That's unreal considering he's 28 years old.  If you had told 15 year old Fudge Nuggets that 35 years later the leader for 3B with most postseason homers and RBIs was a 28 year old Astro I would never believe you.  Of course I would not have known the playoffs expanded like they have but so be it.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Txslnghrns said:

Fuk Houston.

71a6638f192cc07212c95de6a3156df6.jpg

are you so stupid that you can't even spell the most common expletive in the English language?

Here, I'll help you:

Go fuck yourself.

Fuck off.

Fuck you. 

I fucked your wife and your mom last night. 

Edited by Gourmand
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I had to work so could only steal glances at the game tonight but am currently watching the replay. It feels to me like we've outplayed them decisively these two games in Houston and should/could be up 2-0 easily. Of course, all they really hoped for in Houston was a split and they got it.

So, my surly Astros brethren, how are we feeling right now after this win in game 2?

• Hook 'Em 1

I don't know if anyone touched on this earlier but Yordan deserves some healthy nods and backslaps for his hustle in the bottom 5th when he hit that grounder that forced out Altuve at second and then busted his ass out of the box down the line. June/July Yordan is probably making a right turn to the dugout after GIDP'ing but his hustle on that play left the door open for Bregman and Bregman did not miss the opportunity to come up big. 

Love to see it. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Txslnghrns said:

Fuk Houston.

71a6638f192cc07212c95de6a3156df6.jpg

Your future grandkids will think you're boring and small bad. They'll be ashamed of you and will hate when you come over.  Also, whatever unfortunate wench bore your children will have cuckolded you by then, most likely leaving you for an Astros fan.  I assume she will have done this because you are as shitty at sex as you are at talking trash.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hate said:

I negged this one too. Fuck you. If you want to post this in the WS thread, fine. But don’t come into the Astros thread with this bullshit. 

Thought about reporting the posts, but hell, even that is more reaction than trolly-troll deserves.

Hell, at least Helo puts a little thought into it.

8 minutes ago, slorch said:

Thought about reporting the posts, but hell, even that is more reaction than trolly-troll deserves.

Hell, at least Helo puts a little thought into it.

We are all admittedly assholes, but there are a couple of points of etiquette even we assholes observe.  Keep CR in CR, and don’t shit talk in team season threads.  Keep these things in their proper place.  Blatant violation of these unwritten rules deserves swift negging every time.  

• Hook 'Em 3

How we win is by great pitching and timely hitting. I’d love for us to score 7/8 runs a game the rest of this series and if we did we would win 4-1, but we’ve been this way all playoff long so I’m just expecting 5 maybe 6 runs to get it done. I’m dreading the next verlander start. I’m curious why he blows so bad in the postseason his entire career? Is he just more relaxed in the regular season and tenses up? He screams confidence way more than nervous so it’s odd.

I think he runs out of steam by and end of the season and I also think his lack of a great breaking ball hurts him in the playoffs.  If his control isn't on point, he gets in to trouble when he can't throw high fastballs where he wants them.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

They should start Javier in Game 3. He's been on fire. Need a hot hand to survive the surge of Philly playing their first World Series Game at home in like 40 years. McCullers is going to to battle, but he'll get tagged for 3-4 runs in the process. 

spacer.png

Edited by Murfdogg21
  • Haha 4

They should start Javier in Game 3. He's been on fire. Need a hot hand to survive the surge of Philly playing their first World Series Game at home in like 40 years. McCullers is going to to battle, but he'll get tagged for 3-4 runs in the process. 

I’m pretty sure they played at home during the 2008 World Series which they won.