2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

They should start Javier in Game 3. He's been on fire. Need a hot hand to survive the surge of Philly playing their first World Series Game at home in like 40 years. McCullers is going to to battle, but he'll get tagged for 3-4 runs in the process. 

“…survive the surge…”

This Mack Brown pussy mentality is the icing on top of your shitty takes.

We are about to fuck these bitches up in their house.
  • Hook 'Em 7

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

How we win is by great pitching and timely hitting. I’d love for us to score 7/8 runs a game the rest of this series and if we did we would win 4-1, but we’ve been this way all playoff long so I’m just expecting 5 maybe 6 runs to get it done. I’m dreading the next verlander start. I’m curious why he blows so bad in the postseason his entire career? Is he just more relaxed in the regular season and tenses up? He screams confidence way more than nervous so it’s odd.

He needs to spend time with Framber’s sports psychologist to unfuck himself in the playoffs.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

I think he runs out of steam by and end of the season and I also think his lack of a great breaking ball hurts him in the playoffs.  If his control isn't on point, he gets in to trouble when he can't throw high fastballs where he wants them.

Wasn’t there also the whistling thing back in the 2019 series against Washington?

Seems like he allows stuff to get into his head and things go off the rails.

He might be able to learn a thing or two from Framber about overcoming it.

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

Hoberg is the robo-ump we are all wishing for

I guess I have a different interpretation of 100% accuracy. There were definitely a couple of pitches that were outside the box that Fox had on the screen that he called strikes. I guess MLB has a different box they use. However, he was one of the best HPUs I've seen in a while. 

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

I guess I have a different interpretation of 100% accuracy. There were definitely a couple of pitches that were outside the box that Fox had on the screen that he called strikes. I guess MLB has a different box they use. However, he was one of the best HPUs I've seen in a while. 

The umps get a 2" cushion I believe, so balls slightly outside the box don't count against their grades.

3 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

And that's why those boxes are stupid.  Who's to say that's the actual zone?  The zone becomes probabilistic at the edges anyway.

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

i can see several managers getting lit up about this, real hard asses 

Maybe they'd break Maton's other hand; because anyone worth a fuck wouldn't say shit to Jose about his glove toss.

15 hours ago, Gourmand said:

I don't know if anyone touched on this earlier but Yordan deserves some healthy nods and backslaps for his hustle in the bottom 5th when he hit that grounder that forced out Altuve at second and then busted his ass out of the box down the line. June/July Yordan is probably making a right turn to the dugout after GIDP'ing but his hustle on that play left the door open for Bregman and Bregman did not miss the opportunity to come up big. 

Love to see it. 

I feel like he hustled pretty good during the regular season but maybe that's my fandom remembering only the good stuff. Also his hustle in the first to advance to third also gave the Astros another run when they had an error the next AB.

20 hours ago, Macklemore said:

Bring us a W like you did in the Bronx. Hit Delassandros steaks in Manyunk for the best cheesesteak in the city.

According to angry locals ticketed by the Philadelphia Parking Authority on Parking Wars, the cheesesteaks at Gooey Louie’s are worth their own price and whatever they are assessed for the ticket

• Hook 'Em 1