2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

24 minutes ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

My all time fave 'Stros in no particular order are JR Richard, Jeff Kent, Charlie Morton and Yuli.   In my mind the team won it for Dusty, Mattress Mack, Uncle Mike and Yuli.  Glad LMJ got to pitch in also.  I'll be looking to find a jersey with a 50 on it for JR.  Won in 6 games as I predicted.  Enjoy the night and week boys and girls, we all deserve it.

VV on the prize.gif

No Jason Castro love?

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, tx ind said:

I haven’t gone back thru this thread but pretty sure the crowd was chanting “we want Houston” 😂

They were chanting that until Astros ripped their balls off and shoved them down their throat.

Edited by Horn80
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

6 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

REVENGE FOR 1980 IS COMPLETE!

I'm glad I was able to see it!

My grandpa, who endlessly listened to every game on the radio, would have been proud of how great this team is..... it would have blown his mind how good these Astros are!

You young-ins don't know, but the Astros last played the fils in the 1980 NLCS where they were completely screwed over by the umps and fils dirty plays (Pete Rose throwing forearms crashing into Astros catcher Bruce Bochy, among other dirty plays). You can watch the whole series on yt -- complete with Howard Cosell doing color commentary.

Astros Manager Bill Virdon got so mad with the umps BULLSHIT (like the triple-play called by the umps that was reversed because fils manager Dallas Green and that cocksucker Pete Rose cried about it, so the NL president Chub Feeney ordered it to be called a double-play from his seat at the game instead, etc.) that he played the rest of Game 4 Under Official Protest.

The fils had a lot to answer for that 1980 NLCS "win" over the Astros, and I'm so fucking happy to see a Superior Astros team push their shit in to take the World Championship from them!!

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

So, what have y'all bought so far?

I've got two caps and three tees coming from the MLB shop.  I didn't see a navy hoodie to replace my 2017 one, but I'll definitely find that and add a couple of coffee mugs and something framed for the home office.

Shirts, caps, and the Tommy Bahama polo.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Jshep34 said:

I honestly feel like this is a dream. Never thought I'd see my team win 2 world series titles. Sit here with the legend lilshep and watch it. Wish my family looking down watching this was here with us. Crying like I did in 2017. Love all you guys.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

My work peeps got a kick out of my celebration dance in my Astros socks and me waving my orange FOR THE H rally towel like a maniac and had to go in a corner by myself to think about what this means to me. None of them understand this, but man I love the Astros and love the joy they've brought into my life along the way. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

2017 will still be my favorite just because it was the first, but this one is the best run.  11-2 in the postseason is fucking incredible.

And those 2 L’s: 1st one from Dusty leaving JV in too long to get him on record for a decision (hoping for a W); and the second when LMJ was clearly tipping his pitches.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I've got two caps and three tees coming from the MLB shop.  I didn't see a navy hoodie to replace my 2017 one, but I'll definitely find that and add a couple of coffee mugs and something framed for the home office.

I bought myself 5 T-shirts and the wife the same number, a championship flag and a championship pennant.

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I'll probably buy something overpriced from Mitchell&ness along with a gold jersey when they come out 

• Hook 'Em 1