2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

2 hours ago, UTEX_ME said:

Pitching staff has fixed another one. 

someone can correct the details, but when jv came, he watched tape with strom and got stats from our numbers guys, and they said your two-seamer is getting hit.

he said, yeah, i need to fix this motion or stay on top of it or whatever, what do you think?

our coaches were like, we’re not fixing anything, you’re just not gonna throw it anymore.

he’s dominated ever since more than he pretty much ever did in detroit. sometimes the answer is right there. 

will smith could be a huge pickup and we bettered the team by dumping odorizzi. 

9 hours ago, Rimbo said:

Watching the Mariners/Yankees game. I am rooting so hard for Seattle.

I know that rooting for the Mariners makes more sense, but a big part of me really wants to see those fucks miss the playoffs again after they threw at Altuve's head. That, and I would really like to see Elias and Mejdal have success in Baltimore. 

• Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

I know that rooting for the Mariners makes more sense, but a big part of me really wants to see those fucks miss the playoffs again after they threw at Altuve's head. That, and I would really like to see Elias and Mejdal have success in Baltimore. 

Counterpoint: Fuck the Yankees.

• Hook 'Em 1

Listened to James Click interview this morning on 790. They are going to let Jake Meyers play through it. They are seeing some deeper indicators (other than BA, etc.) that suggest he is making progress.  On LMJ, he said they are on day 18 or 19 of 30 he can be in the minors.  He will get 1 or 2 more rehab starts. They are not looking at ERA or Ks or BBs to tell them when he's ready. A lot of the decision is the feedback from LMJ himself on how he's feeling. 

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Ojo Rojo said:

Listened to James Click interview this morning on 790. They are going to let Jake Meyers play through it. They are seeing some deeper indicators (other than BA, etc.) that suggest he is making progress.  On LMJ, he said they are on day 18 or 19 of 30 he can be in the minors.  He will get 1 or 2 more rehab starts. They are not looking at ERA or Ks or BBs to tell them when he's ready. A lot of the decision is the feedback from LMJ himself on how he's feeling. 

did he say whether or not he's considering stealing Espada's phone and blocking Dusty's number on it so that he can see a lineup card filled out the way he'd like it and not the way Dusty likes it?  

27 minutes ago, Ojo Rojo said:

Isn't the decision above basically the opposite of what LMJ has been saying?

1 minute ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Isn't the decision above basically the opposite of what LMJ has been saying?

I thought so too.  There could be some disagreement between LMJ and the front office/coaching staff about when he's ready.  LMJ's comments certainly seemed to suggest that he felt good and is ready to be back with the Astros yesterday. It could also just have been a canned response about wanting to get back to help the team win, yadda, yadda, yadda.

What Click was really saying about Meyers is that he didn’t get another outfielder and we’re fucked and have no other choice but to let him play through it. Kyle Lewis is a former ROY who got hurt and has come back and not hit well and the Mariners sent him down today. Which is the right move but they have alternatives. Meyers has never shown anything besides maybe being average but he’s the only option so we hope and pray that he can approach anything close to average by October. I’m rooting for him but that doesn’t mean it’s good that he’s our only option. If he doesn’t get close to average then it’s a fail on Clicks part and we can hope we don’t waste our great pitching. I watch a lot of games and baseball my whole life and for the life of me I don’t see what a lot of y’all see in Meyers and why anyone would want to put eggs in that basket. But I hope he’s a fucking World Series MVP I really do.

7 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

What Click was really saying about Meyers is that he didn’t get another outfielder and we’re fucked and have no other choice but to let him play through it. Kyle Lewis is a former ROY who got hurt and has come back and not hit well and the Mariners sent him down today. Which is the right move but they have alternatives. Meyers has never shown anything besides maybe being average but he’s the only option so we hope and pray that he can approach anything close to average by October. I’m rooting for him but that doesn’t mean it’s good that he’s our only option. If he doesn’t get close to average then it’s a fail on Clicks part and we can hope we don’t waste our great pitching. I watch a lot of games and baseball my whole life and for the life of me I don’t see what a lot of y’all see in Meyers and why anyone would want to put eggs in that basket. But I hope he’s a fucking World Series MVP I really do.

on 8/10 - the mariners are fighting to just make the wild card, we're fighting to win the WS. we have leeway and IF he can find his old form, he's helping us win a WS. a chas / jack combo, with both producing is ideal 

Edited by tx 3 putt

8 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

on 8/10 - the mariners are fighting to just make the wild card, we're fighting to win the WS. we have leeway and IF he can find his old form, he's helping us win a WS 

I hope he does. But he could also go down and play everyday, especially with Leon out, if at bats are what he needs.

31 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

for the life of me I don’t see what a lot of y’all see in Meyers and why anyone would want to put eggs in that basket.

Neither do I. But he gets treated with kid gloves by both the team and Surly. Better  players get put through the ringer in here  but, in the next breath, make a multitude of excuses for Meyers ineptitude. 

• Hook 'Em 1