2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

2 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Holy shit.  It’s not even an off day, people.  

Anyone wanna talk about the runner on second in extras?

I’d rather we just end in a tie than change how the game is played. I hate it less today than I did yesterday. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Is it ok to bitch about the manager making as decision that is likely to cost .02 wins per game and acknowledge that it’s both not a big deal but also infuriating because it doesn’t have to be that way?  

Sure, of course, but that perspective is the key aspect that imo gets lost in the volume and tone of the bitching.

And I also think it's worth noting that for all of Dusty Baker's clubhouse chemistry positives and his experience in the game, I believe a not-so-insignificant chunk of his critics are motivated by ageism (and um,  other stuff) at a guy like AJ Hinch doesn't have to face. Every manager gets shit on by his team's fanbase from time to time, but man some of the Dusty hate really makes me wonder......

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Jshep34 said:

That double play he turned against NYY was worth every penny they paid him. Times he stopped and sign for us, he was always very polite, engaging, a nice humble dude.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

So damn beautiful 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

Meyers' abysmal wRC+ this season is *still* better than Brinson's career average. Hard pass.

Didn’t he do that same shit everywhere? Tear up AAA and then face plant in the majors? Unless you think his career .199 average in the majors is sexy

1 hour ago, rvm96 said:

Lewis Brinson is apparently raking at Sugar Land if Jake doesn't pick it up 

The Astros have 2 or 3 guys in AAA that could replace the nothing that Jake Meyers is right now. Shit, he’s splitting time with a guy that probably a worse player than he is. Both of those guys at the quintessential AAAA player.