2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Yanks win in the 9th. Mariners lose to Rangers. 1.5 for overall best record and 12 in the division. dodgers win again. They will never lose again, seemingly. Fuck it- we’ve done that particular hard way before. 
1/2 game back of the Mets. I’d like to end with home field against them. 

48 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Yanks win in the 9th. Mariners lose to Rangers. 1.5 for overall best record and 12 in the division. dodgers win again. They will never lose again, seemingly. Fuck it- we’ve done that particular hard way before. 
1/2 game back of the Mets. I’d like to end with home field against them. 

Mets will beat the Dodgers. Their starting pitching is so much better than the Dodgers. 

20 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Mets will beat the Dodgers. Their starting pitching is so much better than the Dodgers. 

That’s why I said I’d like to have home field on the Mets. There’s a real chance they beat the Dodgers and you know they are going to be a motherfucker if their aces are healthy. 

4 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

let's not discount LAD with the MLB best 2.89 ERA , Astros second at 3.02.  Yes the Mets have their big arms now but LA, on pace for 116 wins, is the best team in the world right now, just loaded. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

mets pitching scares you, dodgers bats scare you. nothing in the a.l. scares me. take care of our business and get to the series and that’s all you can hope for. 

Yeah, as if Astros pitching is suspect...

and Houston very likely just added another viable/ possibly dominant weapon to the staff.  That wet spot in the opponent's pants ain't jizz..

35 minutes ago, WBT said:

The returnee turnout was a little light.  No Dierk and no Berkman surprised me with them being local.  I guess Roy never leaves Mississippi and Nolan is still on the outs.

Thought they showed Nolan and Rocket both in the stands.  The telecast was talking about the 3 winningest pitchers in MMP history all being there at the same time( LMJ being the 3rd.)

Edited by slorch

32 minutes ago, slorch said:

Thought they showed Nolan and Rocket both in the stands.  The telecast was talking about the 3 winningest pitchers in MMP history all being there at the same time( LMJ being the 3rd.)

Unless I’m reading your post wrong, that would be quite the feat since Nolan retired before MMP even opened. And Roy Oswalt won 89 times at home. LMJ has 27 wins at MMP

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

Unless I’m reading your post wrong, that would be quite the feat since Nolan retired before MMP even opened. And Roy Oswalt won 89 times at home. LMJ has 27 wins at MMP

Yep, I fucked up whatever they were saying.

Just as an aside- the worst hitter in that lineup (other than Meyers) by wRC+ which is my favorite measure, is Peña at 102 and he seems to be coming out of his funk. 
If you remove meyers, move Chas to CF and play Diaz in left the average of that lineup is 129. That would be better than the highest team average ever. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

The acquisitions of Mancini and Vazquez have really improved the bench depth. Any 4 player combination of them along with Diaz, Yuli, Chas, Jake, Machete and Dubon is pretty good. 

knock on wood, but this is a much better roster. click gets an A+ 

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

So close to the perfect lineup. Sub Diaz for Meyers and that’s what I want to see in the playoffs, practically in that order. 
happy day. 

I put this exact thing on Twitter and I was surprised how many disagreed. What are they watching? Hell platoon Jake against righthanders if you want. But Diaz in left, Chas CF and Mancini 1B is our best lineup. Yuli has zero power now but still good defensively and has found a way to get some hits so bring him and Jake in as defensive replacements late when we have the lead.
Jake Marisnick I mean. 😝

4 minutes ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Dubon stinks 

With almost zero upside. It shouldn’t be a mystery why a shitty giants team moved on from him for nothing (a non prospect catcher that they cut 3 weeks later) 

Yuli still has some tread )even if just a very little) and Meyers has obvious upside based upon last year, so Dubon is really the only waste of a roster spot on the 26. Maton, as little as I like him, obviously has flashed excellent stuff and had a period of dominance in the post season last year. 
having only 1 wasted spot on a 26 man roster is pretty good. 

• Hook 'Em 1