2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Seeing the clip of Bagwell makes me wonder if he and Biggio still have some type of contractual agreement with the Astros?  Personal services, team goodwill ambassadors, or advisory of some type?

Caveat is I have no idea about these sort of things work, but seems to me like it would makes sense from both sides to pay those guys a nice salary to stick around the club and just be bad asses. 

Seeing the clip of Bagwell makes me wonder if he and Biggio still have some type of contractual agreement with the Astros?  Personal services, team goodwill ambassadors, or advisory of some type?
Caveat is I have no idea about these sort of things work, but seems to me like it would makes sense from both sides to pay those guys a nice salary to stick around the club and just be bad asses. 

Whatever it is, given the current make-up of the team/farm system, I hope they are already proposing a similar arrangement with Yuli and Machete when the time comes.
  • Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Whatever it is, given the current make-up of the team/farm system, I hope they are already proposing a similar arrangement with Yuli and Machete when the time comes.

Especially Yuli. I’ve heard he’s about equivalent to the MJ of Cuba, thanks to his domestic career and heroism for the national team. 

Man, Team Cuba would be REALLY fucking salty if there was a more normal political situation and they’d field not just natives still living there but also emigres and the US-based children and grandchildren of other emigres. 

19 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

So smart.  Yuli/Machete would make a bigger difference with average 16 year olds on a certain couple islands than others might.

59 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I went in 2017.  My office is on the route so I imagine it’s already a pain in the ass if I tried to get down there. Plus it’s gonna be 85 with 1+ million folks 

Going to head to uptown portion of parade think it will be easier than downtown. Live in Montrose so not exactly a haul for me.

13 minutes ago, Jshep34 said:

@Scraps , honestly what can they complain about. The better team win. Phillies had thier shots. If anything mlb has done what they can to stop Houston.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

Lol they are mad that the punishment for 2017 wasn't "harsh enough" 

Steve Phillips tried to explain to them the fine was harshest it could have been, they had draft picks taken away (Where caller then was like "OH yeah that reallllly hurt them).  

then Phillips also said if anything this just goes to show how great they are ran because they took the hits and are still in the ALCS /WS every season.  

So then caller started talking about college football death penalty and that is what should have been done lmao

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, Jshep34 said:

Game 6 was originally to be played on lilshep birthday. Don't matter now. We are world series Champs. Kid has seen and done things I've only dreamed about. Know must of us here on this board have been fans for 20+ years , yall are also the people I'm happy for. Stuck by this franchise thru heartbreak after heartbreak, cause of that is what makes past 6 years so sweet. Go stros!!!4a9a3f86c3b9a4550fa85f2494b19af2.jpgc330a96567ad66c5077373cf05b5d352.jpgb90ad5b5b5c087f8abe74cbc0652243e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

You're a good dad.  What wonderful memories you have made and will continue to make.  He will be telling his kids and grandkids about those memories forever.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Lol they are mad that the punishment for 2017 wasn't "harsh enough" 

Steve Phillips tried to explain to them the fine was harshest it could have been, they had draft picks taken away (Where caller then was like "OH yeah that reallllly hurt them).  

then Phillips also said if anything this just goes to show how great they are ran because they took the hits and are still in the ALCS /WS every season.  

So then caller started talking about college football death penalty and that is what should have been done lmao

I heard that loser (caller, not the host) as well.  Cue the “Fuck y’all” fan video.

• Like 2

Woke up this morning feeling like I’ve been celebrating for over 24 hours. Which I had. Que the obligatory Hedberg I used to drink, I still do but I used to too, joke. Lol This hangover is pure bliss after this year. Being on this thread almost every day was a lot of fun. I’ve read it for years but contributed some this year and I hope not too poorly. Ready for the off season discussions, debate over how to reload and ready for spring training. Thanks everyone for a great year! Let’s go get another one! 

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

I am still on a fuckin high right now, feel like I've been walking on air since Tucker squeezed that 27th out in his glove Sat night.

Sports, man. Damn I love my Houston Astros and life as an Astros fan is prettay, prettay, prettay good man.

Yep.  not getting a lot of work done today.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, APMP said:

Having been lucky enough to attend Game 6, I realize I missed the Fox announcers, especially Smoltz, slowly dealing with the Astros' championship inevitability. I hope it was as glorious and hilarious as I imagine.

They were so openly rooting for Philly the entire series until the 7th inning of game 6, then started some perfunctory accolades for the Astros, like they were reading from a script or something.

4 hours ago, CycleTex87 said:

AllI know is I love it when Bags visits the booth during Astros games in the regular season.