2022 Texas Rangers Thread

CowtownHorn

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know.  I'd like to think we should be 3 games over but this is just an average team and that's what happens to average teams.

This team has been infinitely more watchable and enjoyable.

I'm glad some young guys are up and playing and don't look lost.  

Duran turning on 100 on the inside and launching it was one of the more impressive things I've seen a Ranger do in the last 5 years.

Edited by Post Oak

went to the 6/5 game v Seattle.  We took the doggo for 'Bark in the Park' day.  It went incredibly well.  the dog sections were down the let field line and we were right by foul pole.  looked like Garcia's dinger was going reach us, but fell a little short.  100% of dogs in our section were super chill.  I thought it might be a disaster, but i wish they could do more of these games. 

First time in the ballpark and it was great.  much more open and you can see the field from pretty much anywhere in the concourse.  

Only downside was getting out of the parking lots.  We were in lot V and holy shit, there was no one directing traffic there.  nothing in that lot moved for 45 minutes.  I could see other lots that either had a cop or a Rangers staffer stopping traffic here and there to let cars get out of the lots occasionally.  but then they left early and it was hell getting out for those lots as well.  if i would have known it was going to be that bad, would have wandered around and checked out the stuff around the stadium for an hour.

I love seeing the Rangers' depth of fresh faces looking like they may be legit. And we haven't even seen Jung. Seems like there's going to be a glut at 3rd base or there are going to be a lot of guys changing positions. Maybe some good trade bait potential there.

I love seeing the Rangers' depth of fresh faces looking like they may be legit. And we haven't even seen Jung. Seems like there's going to be a glut at 3rd base or there are going to be a lot of guys changing positions. Maybe some good trade bait potential there.

Yeah remember a decade ago and then some when we said that about Profar, Odor, Luke Jackson, Gallo, Botts, Jake Skole, Beavan, Olt, Demeritte? Forgive me if I’m skeptical of our ability to do anything besides fuck shit up.

20 hours ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Yeah remember a decade ago and then some when we said that about Profar, Odor, Luke Jackson, Gallo, Botts, Jake Skole, Beavan, Olt, Demeritte? Forgive me if I’m skeptical of our ability to do anything besides fuck shit up.

It's a good point. But these new guys are showing a lot more than any of those guy did early, except Odor, who proved to be a fluke. Maybe the current staff has a better philosophy on player makeup. Yeah, it's wishful thinking, but that's all we got.